Blue Cross and Blue Shield of South Carolina
www.southcarolinablues.com Columbia, SC 5000+ Employees

Blue Cross and Blue Shield of South Carolina Customer Service Representative Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated May 16, 2014

Getting the Interview

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Customer Service Representative

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of South Carolina.

Interview Details – Inept- interview questions consisted of personal questions rather that work experience or abilities. Manager was late and appeared to be drunk and ill prepared. The process was a waste of time.

Interview Question – If you were a Cartoon, which Character would you be?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Management is not impressive

Customer Service Representative

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of South Carolina in February 2010.

Interview Details – Hiring process was approximately a month long. First you go in and test (if needed), once you pass the testing portion they will set you up with your "initial" interview. My first interview was with one of the managers in the dept just 1 on 1. She asked basic questions about my qualifications and why I'd by good for the job. She was not critical and was very nice. After the initial interview I got a call 2 weeks or so later stating they wanted to do another interview with me. This interview was with "my" supervisor and a work leader. Although the supervisor was asking a majority of the main questions, the work leader was asking follow up questions to the initial question making for a pretty intense interview. She was a very direct person but the supervisor was more laid back. After that I got a call about a week later stating they wanted me for the job.

Interview Question – What do you think you could bring (extra) to National Alliance (the dept)?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, they let me know the pay base upon interviewing.

Florence, SC

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of South Carolina in July 2012.

Interview Details – Applied to position on Sunday. Received email Monday to go for testing on Tuesday. Received call on Thursday to come in for Interview on Friday. Interview time was 9:45am. Finally got called in at 10:45am. The interviewers, both of them, read from their list of questions and then said "thank you". When I attempted to ask questions I was politely told that they were out of time.

Interview Question – All typical questions. No real challenges.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Blue Cross and Blue Shield of South Carolina? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of South Carolina Customer Service Representative interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by Blue Cross and Blue Shield of South Carolina employees and interview candidates.