Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas Interview Questions

Updated Jun 15, 2015

2.5

Senior Actuarial Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas (Richardson, TX).

Interview

Reached out by a recruiter. Had a phone interview and was asked to do a face to face interview. Had an interview with 6 people followed by lunch. In my interviews, I got a very bad atmosphere of their morale. People I talked to hated their job. One even went as far as to tell me, "get out even before you join, I am trying to." Their client analytics team is short staffed and everyone looks like they are pulling off their hair.

Assistant Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas (Richardson, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied in early March. They got back to me within a week and set up a face to face interview on their campus in Richardson.It was an interview with two senior underwriters. The questions were mostly behavioral except for 1 computational question which was performing a calculation without a pen and paper.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be and underwriter? What 3 qualities would you say are the most important for being an underwriter?   Answer Question

UM Care Coordinator I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas (Fort Worth, TX).

Interview

Online application; received call from hiring manager within a little over a week; completed background check and drug testing; had onsite face to face interview with 2 hiring managers within 2 weeks; interview about 45 minutes long; personable, relaxed atmosphere; received overview of job requirements, benefits, training, business atmosphere and tour of facility. Was allotted plenty of opportunities to ask questions. Received call back from hiring manager with job offer within 24 hours.

Interview Questions

• How do you function in a fast pasted production environment with frequent process changes?   Answer Question
    • What are your strengths and weaknesses?   Answer Question
    • How did you handle a recent job related conflict?   Answer Question
    • What assets do you feel you would bring to our company?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas.

Interview

Submitted the resume online. Was contacted in 4 weeks for a phone interview. It was basic behavioral interview. Then was interviewed by 4 people in the next round over the phone. It consisted of typical Business Analyst role questions like how do you create BRDs, FSDs, Test cases,etc

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Claims Processor Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas.

Interview

Hiring process is through Kelly Services. I did not go through an interview. I just walked in handed my resume and stated that I would like to work at BCBS. No testings or assessment was given.

Negotiation

No negotiation. At that time, base pay was $9.14 to start.

Communications Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas (Richardson, TX) in June 2013.

Interview

First received an email from a recruiter w/ the full Job Description (something I insist upon), then a phone interview w/ said recruiter. High banter re: how my skills and work history match client's (BCBS) needs for the role. Recruiter reported his findings to client, who expressed a desire to meet me f2f. Recruiter called me w/ a set date/time to meet at client location. Met w/ the Project Mgr and Dept Mgr I'd be working with, altogether in small conf room. Comfortable mutual conversation regarding duties/responsibilities, and (warmly) similar work history to the Project Mgr I'd work alongside. Intuition told me it went well, and I was promised a second interview before departure that day. However, a week later the agency let me know BCBS "hired from within". Sometimes that's code for "we changed our mind", but considering the size of the company, maybe it was legit.

Interview Questions

• No difficult or surprising "think on your feet" questions at all - just straightforward questions detailing my skill set and chatter about my proposed future contribution to the Team.   Answer Question

Applications Developer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas (Richardson, TX).

Interview

I had applied for the Fresh Graduate Java Developer Position. The hiring process consisted of three steps: 1) Telephonic interview with medium level java/sql/spring/hibernate questions. About 10-15 questions. 2) After 3 days, I was called for a face to face interview which consisted of more behavioral and time/project management type questions. Like: If you have 3-4 tasks given to you at a time, how would you prioritize them? What was the last time you had issues at work or co-worker ? What is your strengths and weaknesses ? HR took more behavioral interviews where they asked general questions like how fast do you get upset ? When was the last time you were upset with your co-workers ? How did you deal with it ? Etc etc.

Interview Questions

• Couple of hibernate/spring related questions were little difficult given the fact that I had never used so much depth of skills when working until yet.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. They start fresh graduates in least pay possible. Good luck with bargaining if you are more experienced.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas (Richardson, TX) in March 2013.

Interview

Length of time from submitting resume until recruiter contact - 1.5 months. Once I had the phone screen it was another month or so before I heard anything back. During initial phone call (screen) w/recruiter they asked very basic questions and then said if I was looking to negotiate on salary to "forget it". That this was "not the type of position someone could come in and if they liked me they would offer more". Bizarre thing to say to a candidate. I was then invited in for in person interviews and was a bit blindsided with the job requirements - which were totally different than what was posted. Once I did go in for the in person interview it included very awkward tour and interactions with recruiter. Recruiter was not knowledgeable at all about the company, position or team. When I asked questions the recruiter didn't know the answer to any. Basic questions like how large is the company? What are the goals for this role? How many people are on the team? What is the reporting structure? When I requested receipt of information I sent in follow up to the recruiter to share w/the hiring manager I received no response. Followed up multiple times with no response. I get that this is sometimes part of the process but after spending my time collecting information THEY requested, a confirmation of receipt would have been courteous. I think if you are looking for a cutting edge company this is not it. If you are looking for a thorough and knowledgeable recruiter interaction you will not find it here. In my mind recruiters are part of the face of the company to new and perspective candidates and in this instance, it was not normal recruiter interaction.

Interview Questions

• When they totally change the job description on you be prepared.   1 Answer

Hospital Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas (Houston, TX) in May 2011.

Interview

3 interviews. Just talked about past experience....very layer back

Behavioral Health Case Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas (Dallas, TX) in January 2012.

Interview

1. phone interview, 2. 1;1 with HR to review benefits then met with hiring manager and their supervisor. HR really sold the company and I was very excited about the possibility. Family oriented culture!

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you made a mistake on the job, what did you learn from it an what would you do differently   Answer Question