Blue Cross of Northeastern Pennsylvania

2 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Coordinator Interview

Coordinator

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Blue Cross of Northeastern Pennsylvania in May 2011.

Interview Details – Seemed like a good potential company to work for. Was told I was number 1 candidate and never heard back. Seemed organized benefits were good as well as time off policy. first interview was with hr and office manager. Second interview was at satillite office with manager and then met with a few of the other employees.

Interview Questions

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Manager Interview

Manager

The process took 4+ months - interviewed at Blue Cross of Northeastern Pennsylvania in January 2008.

Interview Details – I initially responded to a posting on the company website. The first real person HR contact occurred more than three weeks later. HR scheduled a phone interview for two weeks in the future. This first of two on-site interviews followed: the first took place about two weeks later, followed by a panel/group interview about a month later. The formal offer occurred about two weeks later, with a start date that occurred in another two weeks at the next new hire orientation. So ....... first contact in October to foot in the door in April .... approximately 135 days.

The process occurred over the year end holidays which contributed to the delay. There was also some weather and scheduling conflicts. The enterprise is very casual in the decision making process.

The only advice I would offer is to be yourself. I believe the most important quality is how well an individual fits into the corporate environment. My perception is that personality and internal contacts were more valued by the employer than actual experience.

I also observed a "corporate" stereotype that applied to the vast majority (85%) of the employee population: born and educated in northeastern PA; graduated from a PA college/university; usually worked only in PA. At least, that was my observation .....

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself .......   View Answer
  • How about your experience? Just expand the detail for each item that you listed on your application.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Not really ..... there is salary structure associated with each position. New hires are brought in near the mid-point of the position, salary structure range. The bonus incentive is pre-determined for each position, as are the benefit packages.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Blue Cross of Northeastern Pennsylvania? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Blue Cross of Northeastern Pennsylvania interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Blue Cross of Northeastern Pennsylvania employees and interview candidates.