Blue (Illinois)

Blue (Illinois) Account Manager Interview Questions

2.0

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Blue (Illinois) in February 2013.

I had a pretty short conversation with someone from HR, but she seemed nice and had good music in the background (it seemed like a cool work environment) and she set up a time for me to meet with the hiring manager. The first interview didn't take long, they said they wanted to get to know me outside of what I said on my resume (I think they wanted to see if I made a good first impression). Later that day, I was invited for a second interview for that week and I was on a job shadow. The guy who took me out was pretty cool and the opportunity was just what I was looking for.

Interview Questions
  • What has been the biggest accomplishment thus far in your life and why   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Blue (Illinois)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Blue (Illinois) in June 2012.

First of all they put out the ad on CareerBuilder that they are hiring for entry level management position and for account manager position. I applied for the account manager position since I have a lot of management experience. I got the call, went in for the first interview, it was very casual, it took maybe 15 minutes, I asked questions, I wanted to know more details about the position but I really didn't get any answer, what the interviewer said that is not sales, we don't have to sell anything. He also mentioned that they work with AT&T... Later that evening I got the call if I want to go in next day to shadow one of their leaders to know what this is all about. Basically what we did we went door to door to let people know about U-Verse in that area. In the end when it was clear for me that is not what I'm looking for and I got a comment like "IT IS HARD WORK, NOT EVERYBODY CAN DO IT!" Really??? I'm a hard worker, I don't care what the job is if I have to do it I will do it, but I was just not interested in something like go door to door and make people sign up for AT&T, they call it "to get application". I have a lot management, HR experience, I have skills what I really want to use to build my career. That was very unprofessional!!!!!!!!....and of course the guy was not able to sign up even 1 person after working on it for almost 7 hours. Also if you post a job and if you get hired, you are hired and paid for that position even if you have to start to learn everything from scratch, nothing is wrong with that but don't post the position with requirements and responsibilities because that's not what you will be doing. Everybody starts from going door to door you don't get paid as a manager, you barely get paid any money, it is based on applications how many you get and you might have to wait 1-2 yrs to make some money...of course, if you get there. I do not recommend this to anyone especially if you have some proven skills from your past work experience.

Interview Questions
    • The interview was very laid back, they couldn't even describe or talk about job responsabilities or requirements.   Answer Question

I would never work for a company like this!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Blue (Illinois) in January 2012.

The first interview was very simple. You arrive prior to the interview and fill out a application in the office with several other people interviewing. During this the HR manager is working at her desk as the receptionist. Very outgoing and friendly. I thought she was observing us to see if we were outgoing. The interview was very basic questions about the resume. They call you back that evening after they discuss all the candidates.

The second interview is a lot more in-depth. They take you to lunch and go over the compensation and positions of the office and what the different levels require. It is very easy going and laid back.

Interview Questions

I personally did not like the aspect of Door-to-door selling. Even though they move you up quickly into a leadership then managers role, I would not want to be managing people doing something that I wouldn't even want to do. I feel like door-2-door selling is fading out and becoming less effective. I also didn't like the hours of 11:30am to 8:30 pm Monday through Saturday. It just wasn't what I was looking for coming out of college with an extensive degree in business.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Blue (Illinois) in August 2011.

This company doesn't tell you anything about the exact responsibilities of your position. They give you a chance to talk for about 15 minutes and then end up calling you back the same day to set up a second interview. The second interview is absolutely ridiculous; do not waste your time unless you feel like walking around door to door with a sales person. They fail to explain this is a door to door type job which only compensates you when you sell something. I unfortunately tried to be professional and stuck it out the whole day; the sales person told me on average they sell 2 - 3 U-verse packages a day, funny how the day I was there they didnt sell anything and constantly got the door slammed in their face.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you feel you will perform better compared to the other individuals that are applying for this job?   Answer Question
    • What are three main skills you believe a leader has?   Answer Question

I decided to decline the offer because it was a door to door sales job that didn't compensate you at all unless you end up selling an AT&T U-verse package. It was a complete waste of time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Blue (Illinois) in November 2010.

I was contacted by Blue's Human Resource Department, and I was interested in scheduling an interview with them. I thought the first round interview was brief and it sparked enough interest for me to come for a second round interview. The second interview was cool, I felt comfortable and I saw opportunity.

Interview Questions
    • What was the most difficult situation you have been in, and how did you handle it   Answer Question