Blue (Illinois) Interview Questions

Updated Jun 1, 2015

2.1

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Blue (Illinois) (Schaumburg, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

I knew there was something fishy going on here before I ever showed up. How many companies do you know that contract resume submission within hours of when they are sent? How about setting them up for an initial interview within 24 hour?

As to the interview itself, it took maybe 10 min tops and almost no questions were asked about my academic background or skills. Perhaps more importantly, he gave me rhetorical gymnastics when I tried to inquire as to what the duties of the position actually are.

After I stupidly showed back up for my '2nd Interview' I got escorted out a housing development to sell door to door to people that did not have an appointment. I called a friend to come pick me up. At no time was there any mention that this 'job' was nothing but door to door sales.

This job is a scam.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Blue (Illinois).

Interview

The process was very standard. It began with a phone interview and then an in person interview with the CEO of the company. It was quick and easy. He was a very personable guy and easy to talk to. The next part of the interview consisted of a day of shadowing one of the company's top salesman to see what actually working there would be like.

Interview Questions

• Do you prefer security or freedom? Would you rather be an employer, employee, or entrepreneur?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Blue (Illinois) (Chicago, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

Predatory, emailed me first regarding my resume. In addition, they were extremely hesitant to speak about pay structure which is extremely off-putting as a upcoming college graduate. Overall, the transparency between the hiring managers and what the job actually entails is nonexistant. I was under the impression it would be a management position, but it was simply a door to door sales pitch.

Interview Questions

• Are you a sports minded individual, how?   1 Answer

Account Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Blue (Illinois).

Interview

The interview process was threefold. The initial interview was fairly brief with the CEO. It was mainly designed to determine if what this company wanted aligned with what I wanted in my career goals. It was very enjoyable; the CEO was really fun, but I could also tell immediately that this person was successful and someone that I would want to follow. The second interview was with one of their top reps in the office. She explained the business really well and answered all my questions! The most intriguing thing was the experience I would gain even if I didn't make it to the top of the company. Also, being an athlete, it strongly interested me that the company is 100% merit based.

Interview Questions

• Where do I want to be in ten years?   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Blue (Illinois) in December 2014.

Interview

I received a response to my application fairly quickly. I received a call from human resources/their receptionist and after answering a couple questions, I had an interview with the company the next day. (I will say that they were not very flexible on scheduling. I had to move things around in order to come when they wanted.)

I arrived at their office for my interview and was asked to fill out an information sheet (it was pretty standard for an interview). The receptionist (who also serves as human resources) was very nice and chatted with me (though at times, it was a bit annoying as I was trying to focus on filling out the paperwork).

I interviewed with the president of the company. He was friendly during the interview process and asked pretty standard questions you would expect in an interview. This was a preliminary interview, so it only lasted about 20-30 minutes.

Once it was done, they told me they would call later in the day to tell me if they wanted to bring me back for a second round interview or not (they'd call either way).

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years? (While not a difficult question, for me, being new to this career area, I didn't really have an answer prepared since I hadn't thought that far in advance.)   Answer Question

I was asked back for a second interview, but after doing more research on the company and the position, I realized that this was not what I wanted to do and was not the position for me.

Account Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Blue (Illinois) in November 2014.

Interview

The interview process was very thorough. The thing that separates Blue from other companies is the time that they take to really get to know the interviewee. The initial interview was really good with the President Wrinardo. He really got to know me and what I was looking for in a position. He was very GENUINE. He asked about not only my professional background, but also my family dynamic. I felt as if he wanted to make sure that it was a good fit with the culture of the company and the core beliefs that he and I both shared.

The follow-up interview was a job shadow which showed me exactly what I'd be doing if I were hired. A lot of companies 'TELL' you one thing, but once you get there, the position is different. Not at Blue, they show you the people that you would work with so that you can see the work culture and their training style.

The final interview was another interview with the president, Wrinardo, and was sort of a debriefing for the day. I got to know the company, and they really got to know me.

I enjoyed the experience

Interview Questions

• What would you do if someone took your idea and used it as their own? How would you handle that in a collaborative work environment?   1 Answer

Every Level Account Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Blue (Illinois) (Schaumburg, IL) in October 2014.

Interview

Was asked to come in for a 3 round interview process. The first was fairly short..more of a get to know you type of interview. The second was a much longer interview on a separate day that involved me shadowing one of the top account managers so I could see what the day to day entailed. It was a laid back environment and the people seemed nice. The third interview took place right after the second was over and it a recap of the day with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• I believe the question went something like this..What would you want to be an employee, employer, our entrepreneur?   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Interview

Didn't seem legit. I found company on CareerBuilder and received a call immediately after. Woman on phone seemed way too eager to get me in for an interview. She kept calling me until I declined that opportunity. I would advise anyone else against going in for an interview until doing your own research online about the company like I did.

Management Training Interview

Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Blue (Illinois) (Schaumburg, IL) in May 2014.

Interview

Please note. I DID NOT CONCLUDE THE INTERVIEW PROCESS! The initial call to me can be described as eager. Overly eager. I wasn't available for next day interviewing. I tried to reschedule because I was told the position would have been filled by the end of the day. I'm compromised and changed the time. After I hung up with the rep, I did some research. As you can see, it not good. I wasn't going to waste my time it gas so I emailed her to cancel.

Today, 15 minutes into what was supposed to be my interview she calls! I kindly told her I decided not to pursue the position with their company based of the reviews (same as I did in the email). She then questions why I wouldn't just make my own decision and come in to sit with the CEO myself. I about lost it. The entire time she's been in the phone with me, her music was BLASTING in the background. Yes, this validates everything I've read. Not only a scam but very unprofessional. I am too much of an asset to work for a company like Blue Inc who exhibits this behavior. Not everyone applying for work is so desperate to NEED it.
    After this conversation I saw a missed call from her. I called the office again. She was unavailable so I emailed her again.

"I emailed you letting you know that I wasn't coming to the interview based on the blue inc position that I applied for per its review. Did you disregard it? I'm not sure. It is completely unprofessional for you to call me questioning why I chose not to do the interview especially when you have PCat Dolls music blasting in the background. This validates everything I've read. This is not a company I see myself working for. Seems that you've called me again. The need to call me twice is unnecessary. There is no need to call me about any position with this company. If this is normal behavior exhibited thru your company, good luck finding anyone to fill the position. Again, you can remove me from your database. "

So if the position was in so much demand, why the need to call me to get me to come in? Good luck to anyone applying with them.

Entry Level Account Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Blue (Illinois) (Schaumburg, IL) in March 2014.

Interview

The initial interview process was great the lady I spoke with was very personable and spoke to me with experience and knowledge of the available position. Overall the process was worth it because they got a chance to get to know me as well as me understanding position and company.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult or unexpected question through the process was where we would eat on the second phase of the interview process.   1 Answer