Blue (Illinois)

Updated Nov 13, 2014
Updated Nov 13, 2014

2.1

Account Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Blue (Illinois) in November 2014.

The interview process was very thorough. The thing that separates Blue from other companies is the time that they take to really get to know the interviewee. The initial interview was really good with the President Wrinardo. He really got to know me and what I was looking for in a position. He was very GENUINE. He asked about not only my professional background, but also my family dynamic. I felt as if he wanted to make sure that it was a good fit with the culture of the company and the core beliefs that he and I both shared.

The follow-up interview was a job shadow which showed me exactly what I'd be doing if I were hired. A lot of companies 'TELL' you one thing, but once you get there, the position is different. Not at Blue, they show you the people that you would work with so that you can see the work culture and their training style.

The final interview was another interview with the president, Wrinardo, and was sort of a debriefing for the day. I got to know the company, and they really got to know me.

I enjoyed the experience

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if someone took your idea and used it as their own? How would you handle that in a collaborative work environment?   View Answer

Marketing Interview

Didn't seem legit. I found company on CareerBuilder and received a call immediately after. Woman on phone seemed way too eager to get me in for an interview. She kept calling me until I declined that opportunity. I would advise anyone else against going in for an interview until doing your own research online about the company like I did.

Management Training Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Blue (Illinois) in May 2014.

Please note. I DID NOT CONCLUDE THE INTERVIEW PROCESS! The initial call to me can be described as eager. Overly eager. I wasn't available for next day interviewing. I tried to reschedule because I was told the position would have been filled by the end of the day. I'm compromised and changed the time. After I hung up with the rep, I did some research. As you can see, it not good. I wasn't going to waste my time it gas so I emailed her to cancel.

Today, 15 minutes into what was supposed to be my interview she calls! I kindly told her I decided not to pursue the position with their company based of the reviews (same as I did in the email). She then questions why I wouldn't just make my own decision and come in to sit with the CEO myself. I about lost it. The entire time she's been in the phone with me, her music was BLASTING in the background. Yes, this validates everything I've read. Not only a scam but very unprofessional. I am too much of an asset to work for a company like Blue Inc who exhibits this behavior. Not everyone applying for work is so desperate to NEED it.
    After this conversation I saw a missed call from her. I called the office again. She was unavailable so I emailed her again.

"I emailed you letting you know that I wasn't coming to the interview based on the blue inc position that I applied for per its review. Did you disregard it? I'm not sure. It is completely unprofessional for you to call me questioning why I chose not to do the interview especially when you have PCat Dolls music blasting in the background. This validates everything I've read. This is not a company I see myself working for. Seems that you've called me again. The need to call me twice is unnecessary. There is no need to call me about any position with this company. If this is normal behavior exhibited thru your company, good luck finding anyone to fill the position. Again, you can remove me from your database. "

So if the position was in so much demand, why the need to call me to get me to come in? Good luck to anyone applying with them.

Entry Level Account Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Blue (Illinois) in March 2014.

The initial interview process was great the lady I spoke with was very personable and spoke to me with experience and knowledge of the available position. Overall the process was worth it because they got a chance to get to know me as well as me understanding position and company.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult or unexpected question through the process was where we would eat on the second phase of the interview process.   View Answer

Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Blue (Illinois) in October 2013.

You'll be shadowing door to door sales for 7 hours. I was never told that my interview would be 1:00-8:00 p.m which I thought would be the courteous thing to do for anyone. It seems like you need to prove you can do the job outside resume and credentials.

I wanted to do graphic design, and not being able to do it for 6 months and for "once a week" seems a little ridiculous.

Sales/Marketing Entry Level Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Blue (Illinois).

3 interviews. First round one on one. Second round, shadow. interview questions: what are three attributes you could bring to this company? what separates you from other candidates?

Management Training Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Blue (Illinois) in August 2013.

I responded to a call from Meredith who was the HR rep at that location after posting my resume on careerbuilder.com. The one thing I will say is that the people who work there are friendly, but that is only temporary untill you start to ask questions. The first day I was called in for an interview I spoke again with Meredith. The conversation only lasted 15 minutes. I was told what the position would entail, and she told me that it was for management training and that you would start at entry level. Refused to go into detail about pay, which is understandable, but also refused to go into detail about what the entry level position was about. What she did tell me is that if I were to be selected for a second interview I would get more information. I was called later that afternoon to come back for a second interview. So I thought I would give this a shot.

Worst mistake I ever made in my life.

I went into this interview process not knowing what to expect. I brought another copy of my resume as told, but was given no details as to what I would be doing and for how long. I was paired with one of the "managers" and another individual who was on his first day to shadow them. I had no idea that this process was 7 hours (stating at 1pm) Basically, the entry level position is door to door AT&T UVERSE TV sales. The position is starting from entry level, and with hard work and dedication, you would POSSIBLY move into management. I thought I would give this a little more time before I make any judgement.

Then we sat down for lunch at 3. The "manager" laid out in details the pay structure and how long excellent employees can get "promoted". I would have taken a serious pay cut, and as I take care of my family and go to school full time could not. At that point I wanted to leave, but how could I as i was stuck riding with these guys as "part of the interview process". So I had to wait another 4 hours untill we got back to the office.

When we returned I was brought in by the "manager" of that location to sit down and discuss how my day went. I responded "It went well" to which I was recieved a puzzled look. She gathered herself and asked me "Why should we consider you for our management training program"? Without going into details I let her know that starting off at entry level with the posibility of moving into management does not interest me, and for future reference let possible candidates who they are considering know of all the details of the position initially rather then having them waste an entire day. I also let her know that I would be taking a major pay cut and thats something I can't afford to do with my current situation.

ALL THAT FRIENDLYNESS WAS THROWN OUT THE WINDOW AFTER THAT.

the "manager" gave me an attitude and told me that "we are looking for people who are willing to work towards management, and to next time do research before going into an interview before wasting anyones time". EXCUSE ME!? The travel times to and from this office was an hour for me, not to mention the 8 hours I wasted with the shadowing nonsense.

Stay very far away from this place becasue no matter what type of dressing you put on it, you can't make sh** taste good. But if you are willing to get a pathetic POSSIBLE $300-500 a week taking care of a family going door to door to sell a crapy service then this is the right place for you.

Entry Level Management Trainee Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Blue (Illinois) in June 2013.

Just to note, I did not go through with the full interview process and only spoke with an HR rep briefly on the phone. I just came here to say that this company is a joke. I applied for their entry level management trainee position thinking that it was a legitimate position but after reading reviews about the company upon receiving an email about a phone interview decided i was no longer interested. I received a call from an H.R manager and spoke with her for about 3 minutes. She asked me only 2 questions which are listed below and then proceeded to completely jump the gun by asking me how soon I could come to Chicago for an in person interview. Keep in mind that I live in New York which she was well aware of. I followed up by asking if the company covered travel expenses to which she said they do not. However just based on the fact that she would even suggest for me to travel almost 800 miles from NY to Chicago after only spending 3 minutes on the phone with me was definitely a red flag. Any legitimate company worth a grain of salt will conduct multiple in depth phone or skype interviews with an out of state candidate before even suggesting an in person interview.

Interview Questions
    • What is my time frame for relocating to Chicago?   View Answer
    • What are you looking for in your next position?   View Answer

Account Representative Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Blue (Illinois).

More often than not, the HR person from the office will call you on the phone after pulling your resume off of Career Builder or Monster or a similar site. She'll ask you if you'd like to set up a time to come in for an informal first-round interview. This first-round interview is really a getting-to-know you deal, where they'll ask why you're interested in the position, if you have any similar prior experience, and whether or not you played sports in high school or college (yes, seriously).

Interview Questions
    • How do you think this position will help you reach your career/life goals?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Blue (Illinois) in May 2013.

3 step interviewing process

1) 1-on-1 with the President (Most companies don't allow you to meet the president. I though that it was cool that the president does the interviews and decides who he wants to work with.)

2) Job shadow to fully understand the scope of the position.

3) Final interview with the president. (He's pretty selective, but he looks at the person's heart, their skills and the impression that they make on him. I found this out later.)

Interview Questions
    • If you had to choose between security and freedom, which one would you choose? why?   View Answer
    challenging