Blue Lynx Media Interview Questions

Updated Aug 5, 2015

2.4

AP Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lewisville, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Blue Lynx Media (Lewisville, TX).

Interview

Applied online via career builder. Got call back for interview a week after application. interviewed with manager and one direct team member.received hiring decision within 24 hrs. Had to do an excel and math aptitude test.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. Salary was fixed but acceptable.

Senior Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lewisville, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Blue Lynx Media (Lewisville, TX) in November 2011.

Interview

2 hr interview w/ 6 mgrs. Unsure which GL dept I was interviewing for and the mgrs were not sure either. Casual setting-jeans attire. I rec'd a call from HR on my drive home I was hired.

The initial offer was low and I countered. I never heard back. I made a follow up call to HR who said she was waiting on an answer and would get back to me. Again, never heard back. Completely unprofessional.

Credit and Collections Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lewisville, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Blue Lynx Media (Lewisville, TX) in October 2011.

Interview

smooth, fast and fun.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none they did not want to negotiation at all.

Finance Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lewisville, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Blue Lynx Media (Lewisville, TX) in March 2011.

Interview

They asked my about my previous experience and also questioned me on how I would handle different customer service scenarios. They inquired on how I would handle moral judgements in regards to money and company property. They also asked why I wanted to work their and what are my biggest strengths and weakness.

Interview Questions

• How would I handle and angry customer that wanted to speak to my manager.   1 Answer

Receivables Billing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lewisville, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Blue Lynx Media (Lewisville, TX) in February 2011.

Interview

Applied online on the Tribune website, received a call the next day from HR to set up an interview, Had an interview with the immediate manager which went well- work environment is very casual which I was not used to, interviewer asked general personality and hypothetical scenario questions, asked me if I was okay with some overtime etc. Had a 15-20 minute long phone interview with manager at the Chicago Headquarters who asked some unusual questions about the environment of the newspaper industry, Received a call from first interviewer with an offer within 7 days.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had to convince a co-worker or professional contact to do something they were not inclined towards?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I asked about the company's salary negotiation practice with the Recruiter upon receiving an offer, and received a follow up call with my immediate supervisor saying the offer I was given was in line with the average salary of the company.