Blue Lynx Media

Blue Lynx Media Interview Questions

2.0

Senior Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lewisville, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Blue Lynx Media in November 2011.

2 hr interview w/ 6 mgrs. Unsure which GL dept I was interviewing for and the mgrs were not sure either. Casual setting-jeans attire. I rec'd a call from HR on my drive home I was hired.

The initial offer was low and I countered. I never heard back. I made a follow up call to HR who said she was waiting on an answer and would get back to me. Again, never heard back. Completely unprofessional.

Credit and Collections Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lewisville, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Blue Lynx Media in October 2011.

smooth, fast and fun.

Interview Questions
    none they did not want to negotiation at all.

Receivables Billing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lewisville, TX

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Blue Lynx Media in February 2011.

Applied online on the Tribune website,
    received a call the next day from HR to set up an interview,
    Had an interview with the immediate manager which went well- work environment is very casual which I was not used to, interviewer asked general personality and hypothetical scenario questions, asked me if I was okay with some overtime etc.
    Had a 15-20 minute long phone interview with manager at the Chicago Headquarters who asked some unusual questions about the environment of the newspaper industry,
    Received a call from first interviewer with an offer within 7 days.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever had to convince a co-worker or professional contact to do something they were not inclined towards?   View Answer
    I asked about the company's salary negotiation practice with the Recruiter upon receiving an offer, and received a follow up call with my immediate supervisor saying the offer I was given was in line with the average salary of the company.