Blue Lynx Media

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Receivables Billing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lewisville, TX
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lewisville, TX

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Blue Lynx Media in February 2011.

Applied online on the Tribune website,
received a call the next day from HR to set up an interview,
Had an interview with the immediate manager which went well- work environment is very casual which I was not used to, interviewer asked general personality and hypothetical scenario questions, asked me if I was okay with some overtime etc.
Had a 15-20 minute long phone interview with manager at the Chicago Headquarters who asked some unusual questions about the environment of the newspaper industry,
Received a call from first interviewer with an offer within 7 days.

Interview Questions
  • Have you ever had to convince a co-worker or professional contact to do something they were not inclined towards?   View Answer
I asked about the company's salary negotiation practice with the Recruiter upon receiving an offer, and received a follow up call with my immediate supervisor saying the offer I was given was in line with the average salary of the company.