Blue Nile

Relevance Date Difficulty

Social Media Manager Interview

Social Media Manager
Seattle, WA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Blue Nile in October 2012.

Interview Details – Like the poster below me, this is more to share a warning with others in the process of applying for positions at Blue Nile.

I submitted my application online for a social media manager role in mid-October. A day later, HR contacts me asking if I have time for a 30-minute phone screening with a recruiter the following day (a Friday) at one of two suggested times. I confirm one of the times works for me, and provide my contact information.

The next day, I wait to hear from the recruiter for a full 45 minutes after the agreed-upon time. I then receive an email from the recruiter, apologizing saying he got held up on another call and could I reschedule for late that afternoon. I agree, saying no problem, and reiterate my contact number. I wait around for 60 minutes after the rescheduled time before giving up, although I did sent two emails (at 30 and 45 minutes past) asking the recruiter if something had come up (to no response).

I figure, enough is enough and think nothing more of it. So obviously I was shocked to get an email from that same recruiter almost two weeks later asking if I would be free for a call right then. No apology or explanation--just "can you talk now." Unfortunately I was about to board a plane, so offered my availability a few hours later. No response since then, until today, a month and a half later, when I received a template "we have decided to move forward with another candidates at this time" email.

Gee thanks.

Interview Question – Not to be flippant but "are you available for an interview" was the most difficult thing I had the opportunity to answer.   Answer Question

Worked for Blue Nile? Contribute to the Community!