Blue Shield Of California Interview Questions in El Dorado Hills, CA

Updated May 14, 2015

2.8

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Dorado Hills, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Blue Shield Of California (El Dorado Hills, CA).

Interview

I would say it was very comfortable. I was interviewed outside which made it more relaxing not so taxing. I was able to chat with two interviews and felt it was a really good interview. I received a call a couple days later with a job offer did the drug rest and worked there for 5 years

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Dorado Hills, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Blue Shield Of California (El Dorado Hills, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

Very brief and straight forward. I was asked 5 questions regarding medications, formulries, member utilization and 1 question was a behavior question and how I have reacted in the past to criticism from a lead/supervisor on my performance.

Interview Questions

• Name five diabetic medications. Name 5 hypertension questions. What is a formulary? What is Member utilization? with previous employers what has been my reaction to criticism from a lead/supervisor/manager on my performance. I Also asked about co-pays/member liability for medications.   1 Answer

Solutions Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Dorado Hills, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Blue Shield Of California (El Dorado Hills, CA).

Interview

Went through an initial phone screen with a recruiter that was about 10 minutes. Second, another phone screen that last about a total of 30 minutes, then a physical interview with a director, then a scenario-based interview with a team and people on the phone. Sure was a lot of interviewing for this position! I thought some of the process was out of sequence, as I was sent background screening/drug info prior to an offer (which led me to believe I was in good shape).

Interview Questions

• There wasn't any one question in particular, but in the scenario I knew they would throw me a curveball, so they decided to have two people act like they couldn't stand each other to see how I would diffuse the situation.   1 Answer

Clinical Support Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Dorado Hills, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Blue Shield Of California (El Dorado Hills, CA) in May 2012.

Interview

first you have a phone interview and discuss your experience and assess your skill level(s) and capabilities, after that, you wait for a week or so, and then you get a call for an in person interview which is a panel interview of usually the hiring manager of the section you're applying for, along with his/her direct supervisor, and one other person from the section who is considered the lead.

Interview Questions

• What makes you stand out from other applicants?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you had to go above and beyond to satisfy a customer?   Answer Question

Project/Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Dorado Hills, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Blue Shield Of California (El Dorado Hills, CA) in December 2011.

Interview

Submitted application via online process. Contacted by BSC corporate recruiter within 3-4 days for initial phone screen to go over my resume and ask about my professional background. I asked several questions to be relayed to the hiring manager. Corporate recruiter called back twice the same day to respond to my questions and ask additional ones from the manager. Very friendly and responsive to anything I had to ask. The third call was to schedule a 1:1 interview with the hiring manager for later in the week. A very typical interview for this type of position as it is more about fit with the current team and questions about my previous interactions and approach with senior management and above. Interviewers are required to ask one of three questions supplied by corporate recruiting. The written down on the form and I would assume is submitted back to corporate. A final panel interview was scheduled and occurred the next business day. Final decision and notification of offer extended the next day via phone call from corporate recruiter. The people and culture are varied depending on the department and business unit. Unless you know the departments or BUs from previous healthcare or BSC experience, or know a current/former employee, it is virtually impossible to know what the specific culture you are applying into. For candidates applying for a straightforward Project Manager position (including Associate, Lead, Senior, and Director), an online assessment test based on the PMBOK is administered as part of the interview process. The timed test is taken in the luxury of your own home and is comprehensive. Knowledge of Microsoft Project 2003 is helpful.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in which you have failed. What did you do in response and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Official offers are emailed to the selected candidate from corporate. I was given the opportunity to submit a counteroffer through the corporate recruiter. The offer was taken to the hiring manager for a decision.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Dorado Hills, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Blue Shield Of California (El Dorado Hills, CA) in February 2011.

Interview

I interviewed for a 4 month temporary Business Analyst position. I was initially contacted by K-Force and provided a job description for which I believed I was qualified for. It took just a couple of hours to get the phone interview scheduled. K-Force was very professional and provided everything I needed to make the call to Blue Shield of California, El Dorado Hills. The interview was scheduled a few days out, which was fine. It gave me an opportunity to go through the job description and match it to my experience to ensure I was properly prepared. I was provided with two phone numbers and instructed to call the second number if no one was at the first. When I called the first number, I was greeted and asked to hold while he transferred me to a conference room. I thought that he was going to conduct the interview there. To my suprise there was a panel of three people to ask me questions. I figured this would be fine and proceded to introduce myself. It turns out that the job description I was given by KForce was not what BS was interviewing for. I did note, that KForce provided the right job description, but BS wanted only someone to do user testing. I am versed in user testing and felt confident I could still qualify for the position. However, the style in which I was interviewed through me off. I was asked "If I were to write a book about user testing, what would the first three chapters be titled". I flubbed this part up because I got so caught up in creating a perfect title that I felt like I didn't answer the question very well. I couldn't help but think that the interview strategy was set up to make someone fail and that perhaps that was the culture of BS. The interviewers voices were kind but somewhat smug. I left the phone interview feeling battered and that if I didn't really need a job, that I would not work for them.

Interview Questions

• If you were writing a book on use cases, what would you title the first three chapters?   Answer Question

Human Resources Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Dorado Hills, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Blue Shield Of California (El Dorado Hills, CA) in December 2010.

Interview

Bare bones, some questions - but honestly I feel I was hired because they like me personally.

Negotiation

Hard line. They had a base salary that was not up for neogatiation.

Customer Service Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Dorado Hills, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Blue Shield Of California (El Dorado Hills, CA) in June 2010.

Interview

There was one interview with a panel of three supervisors. They asked a series of preselected questions from a standard company wide list. They took turns asking the questions. These same questions were asked of every applicant. Once the interview was completed, we simply waited to hear whether we got the position or not. All leads are hired from within.

Interview Questions

• I was asked how I would handle someone who was having difficulty fulfilling their role as customer service representative.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. I simply accepted the position with the offered salary.

Senior Instructional Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Dorado Hills, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Blue Shield Of California (El Dorado Hills, CA) in February 2009.

Interview

1. phone screen with internal recruiter 2. interview with group manager 3. panel interview with peers 4. interview with department manager

Interview Questions

• provide examples of use of ADDIE, provide examples of proudest achievement/overcoming challenge   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation, I should have asked for more $