Blue Shield Of California

Updated Nov 17, 2014
Updated Nov 17, 2014

2.8

Actuarial Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Blue Shield Of California in October 2014.

They requested an on-campus interview with me after receiving my résumé through our statistics department. Met for fifteen minutes with an analyst from Los Angeles area. Conversational meeting, very relaxed. Interviewer just wanted to get a feel of how you handle group projects and what you know. Interviewer did not expect me to be an expert with their software. I was given time at the end to ask questions about their company, office culture, etc.

Interview Questions
    • What is your experience with Excel, SAS and VBA on a scale of 1-5.   Answer Question

Pharmacy Services Representative Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Blue Shield Of California in September 2014.

Well i was hired throughna temp agency and placed for an interview with blue shield the interview was over the phone and 15 minutes long, first was job history related questions then situational....if you have never had situational I suggest you prepare because any job asks them now a days, this was my first professional interview for a big company so I had just about every question in the book written down lol but yeah so then I had situational questions and then basically they just asked me drugs for blood pressure and diabetes so go obernyour words a little!

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you werenat work and distracted and how did you handle it (situational)   Answer Question

Solutions Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Dorado Hills, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Dorado Hills, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Blue Shield Of California.

Went through an initial phone screen with a recruiter that was about 10 minutes. Second, another phone screen that last about a total of 30 minutes, then a physical interview with a director, then a scenario-based interview with a team and people on the phone. Sure was a lot of interviewing for this position!

I thought some of the process was out of sequence, as I was sent background screening/drug info prior to an offer (which led me to believe I was in good shape).

Interview Questions
    • There wasn't any one question in particular, but in the scenario I knew they would throw me a curveball, so they decided to have two people act like they couldn't stand each other to see how I would diffuse the situation.   View Answer

ETL Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Blue Shield Of California in July 2014.

The interview process was very casual. I was interviewed by two people who asked intermediate level questions. I'd give them a 5/10 on interviewing technique mainly because of the phrasing of questions. For esamlle after the interview I realized that I had messed up on one question because I misunderstood the interviewer a great interviewer would have rephrased the question especially because my response was in the form "do you means this and that?". That said the overall the interview experience was not bad but I did get the feeling that the work environment is a little "too forgiving" as other reviews have stated in depth.

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

After working as an intern, I had several interviews with the staff and was hired after both informal and formal interviews. The first two interviews were informal meetings with directors. The formal interview involved meeting 4 team members for 30 min each and a 1 hour interview with the director.

Interview Questions
    • They asked in detail about my management experience in each job I had and leadership qualities   Answer Question
    The negotiation phase was very one sided. They asked my salary expectations directly and did not give me much room to negotiate.

Enterprise Architect Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Blue Shield Of California in March 2014.

Very friendly, quick and to the point. I was very satisfied with the process. Fastest interview process from my experience.

Compensation Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Blue Shield Of California.

I interviewed for a position in the Compensation department. The initial contact was with a recruiter. She was very helpful and well informed about the position. She provided all the details I needed for the day of the interview. The SF office is very pleasant - lots of natural light and modern decor. Everyone I met with was friendly and welcoming. Overall a positive interview experience.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any unexpected or necessarily difficult questions. The interview felt more like a casual conversation. That is the sign of a good interviewer - to talk with you in such a way that it doesn't feel like an examination/ test. But don't let your guard down -- because they are definitely evaluating you.   Answer Question

Associate Actuarial Analyst Interview

Questions about your previous work experience.

Intermediate Business Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Blue Shield Of California.

The initial interview was over the phone and I came in a few days later for an in person interview. I was offered the position on my way home.

Interview Questions
    • What was the most challenging experience you had to deal with when you didn't agree with upper management procedures and principles?   View Answer
    Not much room for negotiation. The offer was stiff.

Intermediate Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Blue Shield Of California in January 2014.

Applied online was contacted within 5 days for a phone interview , which led to a person to person interview that was scheduled 5 days later with 2 people in the room. It was formal and took 25 minutes very friendly. I followed up with the supervisor that interviewed me , have not heard one way or another if I received the job and it has now been a total of 4+ weeks, I heard HR is very overwhelmed, so still patiently waiting. Hopefully something soon.

Interview Questions
    • I had to choose an answer I didn't really agree with any of the options totally.   View Answer