Blue Shield Of California Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA

Updated Feb 7, 2015
Updated Feb 7, 2015

2.6

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Blue Shield Of California (San Francisco, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

I did a number of informational interviews through my network and I applied to a few job through the website. I had someone internally refer me for one of the positions I applied for on the website. I got a call from a recruiter, then I had a phone conversation with the hiring manager, then they called me in to interview in person with the hiring manager. This all took about 2 months...so it was NOT a fast process. In the end, they cancelled the job.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume. Why are you interested in this role? What skills do you have that would make you successful in this role?   Answer Question

ETL Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Blue Shield Of California (San Francisco, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

The interview process was very casual. I was interviewed by two people who asked intermediate level questions. I'd give them a 5/10 on interviewing technique mainly because of the phrasing of questions. For esamlle after the interview I realized that I had messed up on one question because I misunderstood the interviewer a great interviewer would have rephrased the question especially because my response was in the form "do you means this and that?". That said the overall the interview experience was not bad but I did get the feeling that the work environment is a little "too forgiving" as other reviews have stated in depth.

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Application

Interview

After working as an intern, I had several interviews with the staff and was hired after both informal and formal interviews. The first two interviews were informal meetings with directors. The formal interview involved meeting 4 team members for 30 min each and a 1 hour interview with the director.

Interview Questions

• They asked in detail about my management experience in each job I had and leadership qualities   Answer Question

Negotiation

The negotiation phase was very one sided. They asked my salary expectations directly and did not give me much room to negotiate.

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Blue Shield Of California (San Francisco, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

Super friendly and nice.
    HR prepares seperate questions for the actual team.
    VP is a great guy. The harder question was why I wanted to work for BSC. There were no technically challenging questions. I love this company.

Interview Questions

• What is a situation where you improved a business?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They increased my yearly salary by $2000

Compensation Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Blue Shield Of California (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

I interviewed for a position in the Compensation department. The initial contact was with a recruiter. She was very helpful and well informed about the position. She provided all the details I needed for the day of the interview. The SF office is very pleasant - lots of natural light and modern decor. Everyone I met with was friendly and welcoming. Overall a positive interview experience.

Interview Questions

• There weren't any unexpected or necessarily difficult questions. The interview felt more like a casual conversation. That is the sign of a good interviewer - to talk with you in such a way that it doesn't feel like an examination/ test. But don't let your guard down -- because they are definitely evaluating you.   Answer Question

Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Blue Shield Of California (San Francisco, CA) in December 2013.

Interview

Interview process seems to take a long time from start to finish. Not sure if is due to coordination of all parties, but delays sometimes makes it not worth it if you are looking for a job and currently unemployed. A more timely response is warranted. Also seemed like they were not prepared for the interview as a whole. The questions didn't seem well thought out pertaining to what they were hiring for.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel you can change Blue Shield of California processes. This has expectation that you know what the processes are. Seems like a question for internal only employees.   1 Answer

Senior Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Blue Shield Of California (San Francisco, CA) in August 2013.

Interview

recruiter was enthusiastic and seemed to love being there after a year

Custom Contract Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Blue Shield Of California (San Francisco, CA) in July 2013.

Interview

Great interview process. Fantastic interactions and multiple interviews, including phone, face to face and personal interactions. The "re-org" interview to retain my job, I had already earned didn't serve me well. I didn't get the job. They asked me trick questions, and questions designed to fluster me, because they already had a plan. I was not part of that plan, I would learn later. I think it just toughened me up for later life.

Interview Questions

• When they asked us to "reapply" for our position, before laying off around 6 employees, they asked me about the process of application submissions, and completing a template in a standing in line completion process.   1 Answer

Intermediate Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Blue Shield Of California (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

An internal recruiter reached out to me. Shortly after a phone screening with the recruiter and submitting my resume and cover letter, I had a phone conversation with the hiring manager. I was called in for a panel interview with the team, then a face-to-face with the hiring manager and her immediate supervisor (a total of six individuals).

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of when you faced a difficult situation at work. Could be project related or a relationship with a co-worker. What was the issue? How did you deal with it? What was the result?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Offer was delivered over the phone by the recruiter. Base salary along with bonus and company benefits were explained.

Clinical Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Blue Shield Of California (San Francisco, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

Interview quick informal to the point. Questions were relevant. Communications with BSC manager & contracted company for 6mos job as speedy & helpful. Up to date with hiring process & registration.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever done this job? What makes you think you can do this job?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Pretty simple. The Senior Manager/also the hiring manager called me, offered me the job, told me about the salary (very good pay) and, was more than happy to have me start ASAP.