Blue Shield Of California

2.5

21 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

ETL Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Blue Shield Of California in July 2014.

The interview process was very casual. I was interviewed by two people who asked intermediate level questions. I'd give them a 5/10 on interviewing technique mainly because of the phrasing of questions. For esamlle after the interview I realized that I had messed up on one question because I misunderstood the interviewer a great interviewer would have rephrased the question especially because my response was in the form "do you means this and that?". That said the overall the interview experience was not bad but I did get the feeling that the work environment is a little "too forgiving" as other reviews have stated in depth.

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

After working as an intern, I had several interviews with the staff and was hired after both informal and formal interviews. The first two interviews were informal meetings with directors. The formal interview involved meeting 4 team members for 30 min each and a 1 hour interview with the director.

Interview Questions
    • They asked in detail about my management experience in each job I had and leadership qualities   Answer Question
    The negotiation phase was very one sided. They asked my salary expectations directly and did not give me much room to negotiate.

Compensation Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Blue Shield Of California.

I interviewed for a position in the Compensation department. The initial contact was with a recruiter. She was very helpful and well informed about the position. She provided all the details I needed for the day of the interview. The SF office is very pleasant - lots of natural light and modern decor. Everyone I met with was friendly and welcoming. Overall a positive interview experience.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any unexpected or necessarily difficult questions. The interview felt more like a casual conversation. That is the sign of a good interviewer - to talk with you in such a way that it doesn't feel like an examination/ test. But don't let your guard down -- because they are definitely evaluating you.   Answer Question

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Blue Shield Of California in December 2013.

Interview process seems to take a long time from start to finish. Not sure if is due to coordination of all parties, but delays sometimes makes it not worth it if you are looking for a job and currently unemployed. A more timely response is warranted. Also seemed like they were not prepared for the interview as a whole. The questions didn't seem well thought out pertaining to what they were hiring for.

Interview Questions
    • How do you feel you can change Blue Shield of California processes. This has expectation that you know what the processes are. Seems like a question for internal only employees.   View Answer

Senior Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Blue Shield Of California in August 2013.

recruiter was enthusiastic and seemed to love being there after a year

Custom Contract Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Blue Shield Of California in July 2013.

Great interview process. Fantastic interactions and multiple interviews, including phone, face to face and personal interactions. The "re-org" interview to retain my job, I had already earned didn't serve me well. I didn't get the job. They asked me trick questions, and questions designed to fluster me, because they already had a plan. I was not part of that plan, I would learn later. I think it just toughened me up for later life.

Interview Questions
    • When they asked us to "reapply" for our position, before laying off around 6 employees, they asked me about the process of application submissions, and completing a template in a standing in line completion process.   View Answer

Clinical Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Blue Shield Of California in May 2013.

Interview quick informal to the point. Questions were relevant. Communications with BSC manager & contracted company for 6mos job as speedy & helpful. Up to date with hiring process & registration.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever done this job? What makes you think you can do this job?   View Answer
    Pretty simple. The Senior Manager/also the hiring manager called me, offered me the job, told me about the salary (very good pay) and, was more than happy to have me start ASAP.

Intermediate Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Blue Shield Of California.

An internal recruiter reached out to me. Shortly after a phone screening with the recruiter and submitting my resume and cover letter, I had a phone conversation with the hiring manager. I was called in for a panel interview with the team, then a face-to-face with the hiring manager and her immediate supervisor (a total of six individuals).

Interview Questions
    • Give me an example of when you faced a difficult situation at work. Could be project related or a relationship with a co-worker. What was the issue? How did you deal with it? What was the result?   Answer Question
    Offer was delivered over the phone by the recruiter. Base salary along with bonus and company benefits were explained.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Blue Shield Of California in January 2013.

2 interviews (not counting recruiter). 1 with team and the other with hiring manager. Each lasted 30 minutes

Interview Questions
    • If hired how long do you expect to remain in ti sposition?   View Answer
    They told me pay, I asked for more, they made up difference by giving hiring bonus

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Blue Shield Of California in May 2012.

One of the worst experiences I've had interviewing. The process took 3 months, which is bizarre for a very junior-level position. You could tell that the person to whom this role would report was new at managing people - she lacked tact in the interview and seemed extremely proud to be in the interviewer chair. It was a huge turnoff. I had 4 in-person interviews - the middle ones being with senior leadership. The questions were all the same - it just seemed really disorganized. I received an offer but respectfully - and happily - declined. I could tell it was not a team that I wanted to work with.

Interview Questions
    • They asked the most generic questions, found on any Top 10 list via a Google search.   Answer Question

Team seemed unorganized and, frankly, unintelligent. Perhaps people management is not their expertise, but they're just really good in their field.