Blue Shield Of California

Relevance Date Difficulty

Clinical Program Manager Interview

Clinical Program Manager
San Francisco, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Blue Shield Of California in May 2013.

Interview Details – Interview quick informal to the point. Questions were relevant. Communications with BSC manager & contracted company for 6mos job as speedy & helpful. Up to date with hiring process & registration.

Interview Question – Have you ever done this job? What makes you think you can do this job?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Pretty simple. The Senior Manager/also the hiring manager called me, offered me the job, told me about the salary (very good pay) and, was more than happy to have me start ASAP.

Custom Contract Analyst Interview

Custom Contract Analyst
San Francisco, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Blue Shield Of California in July 2013.

Interview Details – Great interview process. Fantastic interactions and multiple interviews, including phone, face to face and personal interactions. The "re-org" interview to retain my job, I had already earned didn't serve me well. I didn't get the job. They asked me trick questions, and questions designed to fluster me, because they already had a plan. I was not part of that plan, I would learn later. I think it just toughened me up for later life.

Interview Question – When they asked us to "reapply" for our position, before laying off around 6 employees, they asked me about the process of application submissions, and completing a template in a standing in line completion process.   View Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Blue Shield Of California in January 2013.

Interview Details – 2 interviews (not counting recruiter). 1 with team and the other with hiring manager. Each lasted 30 minutes

Interview Question – If hired how long do you expect to remain in ti sposition?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They told me pay, I asked for more, they made up difference by giving hiring bonus

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Compensation Consultant Interview

Compensation Consultant
San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Blue Shield Of California.

Interview Details – I interviewed for a position in the Compensation department. The initial contact was with a recruiter. She was very helpful and well informed about the position. She provided all the details I needed for the day of the interview. The SF office is very pleasant - lots of natural light and modern decor. Everyone I met with was friendly and welcoming. Overall a positive interview experience.

Interview Question – There weren't any unexpected or necessarily difficult questions. The interview felt more like a casual conversation. That is the sign of a good interviewer - to talk with you in such a way that it doesn't feel like an examination/ test. But don't let your guard down -- because they are definitely evaluating you.   Answer Question

Supervisor Interview

Supervisor
San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Blue Shield Of California in December 2013.

Interview Details – Interview process seems to take a long time from start to finish. Not sure if is due to coordination of all parties, but delays sometimes makes it not worth it if you are looking for a job and currently unemployed. A more timely response is warranted. Also seemed like they were not prepared for the interview as a whole. The questions didn't seem well thought out pertaining to what they were hiring for.

Interview Question – How do you feel you can change Blue Shield of California processes. This has expectation that you know what the processes are. Seems like a question for internal only employees.   View Answer

Senior Marketing Manager Interview

Senior Marketing Manager
San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 5 months - interviewed at Blue Shield Of California in August 2009.

Interview Details – Initial HR interviewer was awesome: smart, personable, focused. Hiring manager and other interviewers worked off pre-scripted behavioral questions. "Tell me about a time when you ..." The process was lengthy and decision-making was slow. Nonetheless, it was good to know going in that the company was very structured (the interview process was indicative of the working experience).

Interview Question – There really weren't difficult questions, as long as you know how your background will fit into the company's goals.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiations were not really an option.

Senior Administrative Assistant Interview

Senior Administrative Assistant
San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Blue Shield Of California in August 2013.

Interview Details – recruiter was enthusiastic and seemed to love being there after a year

Interview Question – none, I was prepared   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Traffic Manager Interview

Traffic Manager
San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Blue Shield Of California in August 2010.

Interview Details – My interview was brief and I was hired on the spot over the phone.

Very Easy Interview

Manager Interview

Manager
San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Blue Shield Of California in May 2012.

Interview Details – One of the worst experiences I've had interviewing. The process took 3 months, which is bizarre for a very junior-level position. You could tell that the person to whom this role would report was new at managing people - she lacked tact in the interview and seemed extremely proud to be in the interviewer chair. It was a huge turnoff. I had 4 in-person interviews - the middle ones being with senior leadership. The questions were all the same - it just seemed really disorganized. I received an offer but respectfully - and happily - declined. I could tell it was not a team that I wanted to work with.

Interview Question – They asked the most generic questions, found on any Top 10 list via a Google search.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Team seemed unorganized and, frankly, unintelligent. Perhaps people management is not their expertise, but they're just really good in their field.

Intermediate Business Analyst Interview

Intermediate Business Analyst
San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Blue Shield Of California.

Interview Details – An internal recruiter reached out to me. Shortly after a phone screening with the recruiter and submitting my resume and cover letter, I had a phone conversation with the hiring manager. I was called in for a panel interview with the team, then a face-to-face with the hiring manager and her immediate supervisor (a total of six individuals).

Interview Question – Give me an example of when you faced a difficult situation at work. Could be project related or a relationship with a co-worker. What was the issue? How did you deal with it? What was the result?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Offer was delivered over the phone by the recruiter. Base salary along with bonus and company benefits were explained.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Blue Shield Of California? Contribute to the Community!

Blue Shield Of California Videos

Blue Shield Of California – Why Work for Us?

Transformation is the Opportunity   We're looking for professionals who will help us shape the future of health care, making it more accessible, affordable and easy to use. We are a leader in the industry and plan to… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Blue Shield Of California interview questions and advice in San Francisco, CA. All 20 interview reviews posted anonymously by Blue Shield Of California employees and interview candidates.