Blue Shield Of California

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Blue Shield Of California in May 2010.

Interview Details – It went from phone call to a couple of emails, then at 3 phone interviews with the recruiter, 1 with the hiring manager. Then it was out to meet them in person - total of 5 people met with me.
It went so well. The staff they use to have (before they "reorg-ed") was phenomenal. She single handily sold me on BSC

Negotiation Details – Easy I guess - they made an offer X and I said "how about Y"? 4 weeks later (probably after failing to negotiate another candidate, I got my $.

San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Blue Shield Of California in July 2010.

Interview Details – First contact was through an employee referral, but I was also required to complete the online application. After an initial phone screen with the in-house recruiter, I was interviewed by a two-person team for one hour. Much of the interview focused on my background and work experience. For the second round, I had 3 half-hour interviews. The first 30-minute interview spent the first 10 minutes explaining the organizational structure. The second interviewer arrived 10 minutes late and conducted the interview like a question/answer session vs. a conversation. The third 30-minute interview was with the original interview 2-person team and consisted of my presentation of a work sample. Perceptions: the second interviewer, who would have been a peer, projected a lower level of competency and achievement than the other interviewers. My overall perception of the people I met: seemed pleasant, nice to interact with, but perhaps not as dynamic and goal-oriented as colleagues in my past employment.

Interview Question – Give an example of how you've handled underachievers on your teams?   View Answer

Senior Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Blue Shield Of California.

Interview Details – Applied thru Linkedin. Got a call within a week, had the initial interview with the HR/Recruiter. Next week had the phone interview with the Hiring Mgr/Director. Following week I was asked to appear for a final /onsite interview in their SF office. 4 Manager, and 2 of the team members talked to me. Within a week they notified its going slower than they expect, however hinted that I'm being considered. After 2 more weeks they called and offered me.

Overall very good experience with the HR, and other folks I interacted with throughout the process.

Interview Question – Why you're leaving your current job? There was no unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very simple. Recruiter gave me an offer, I said sorry, I expected this much. Within a day he came back and offered me the asking salary!

Interviews for Top Jobs at Blue Shield Of California

Worked for Blue Shield Of California? Contribute to the Community!

Blue Shield Of California Videos

Blue Shield Of California – Why Work for Us?

Transformation is the Opportunity   We're looking for professionals who will help us shape the future of health care, making it more accessible, affordable and easy to use. We are a leader in the industry and plan to… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Blue Shield Of California Senior Manager interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by Blue Shield Of California employees and interview candidates.