Blue Shield Of California

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Senior Sales Trainer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Blue Shield Of California in May 2011.

The interview process was pretty standard, phone screen with recruiter, then phone screen with Manager, then in person interviews. The hiccups were many with regard to scheduling, as the manager was based out of LA, so scheduling took longer than normal. I went through 3 months of back and forth, meeting with everyone on the team, and going so far as to meet with the Director of the department.

Only problem, after three months of being told, yes - you're the canidate - they couldn't hire me full time. Instead they offered me a 3 month contract. There were vauge promises to extend the contract, and so far they have (only one additional month.) it's difficult to go through such a long interview process that was relatively standard, only to be cut off at the knees once you've been told yes. I took the offer, with the hopes that being a larger company the contract MAY turn into a full time position

Interview Questions
  • what kind of experience do you have with developing sales materials   Answer Question
  • what experience do you have with developing eLearning or working with LMS's   Answer Question
short, I was able to negotiate a higher hourly salary than I was asking for full time position, plus telecommuting at least once a week. More if necessary.