Blue Slate Solutions Interview Questions & Reviews

2 interviews

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Albany, NY
    Anonymous Employee in Albany, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Blue Slate Solutions in June 2010.

Initial phone interview with recruiter, very knowledgeable and respectful. Second interview with hiring manager over the phone approximately 1 hour. Very specific questions about your technology skills. Be prepared to give very detailed examples of projects you have been involved and/or led, your business analysis background, organizational ability, problem solving, attention to detail, writing SOPs, team work, as well as working independently. They want specific examples of how you lead teams, handle difficult situations and difficult people, what you could have done better, where you failed in the process. Third interview was a week later, consisted of a panel interview approximately 3 hours. First met with hiring manager and someone from the leadership team. Reviewed resume, similar questions to phone interview and more on giving examples of projects worked on, handling problems and resolutions, working with difficult people, what would your peers/manager say about you, what would you do your first day on the job, how would you get yourself up to speed should you be offered the job, etc. Last part of interview was two other consultants who were very full of themselves. Asked very few questions and thought their MBA was worth more than gold. They went on about the previous companies they worked for and how intelligent they and their coworkers are. They went as far as to say, "we only hire smart people". I'm assuming if you don't hold an MBA they consider very few people smart enough to work there, as they mentioned it many times. This was the poorest and most unprofessional part of the interview. I made my mind up, it was not a place I wanted to work. The office is open with desks next to each other. Very cold and gray inside. The people themselves, very uptight and pretentious. The claim to be very employee oriented, maybe, but you have to have that MBA or have worked for GE to be a golden employee. It does not appear to be a very easy going environment. 3rd part of interview they did mention that expectations are set very high and you are expected to meet all your deadlines and goals, no exceptions. It is a very stressful position, but "worth" it. Salary was very good, I didn't get as far as benefits as I was not interested in this place. I would not recommend them.

Interview Questions
    • What will you do on your first day to get up to speed? Who will you go to for help, if needed?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Blue Slate Solutions in May 2010.

I applied online and was contacted to schedule an initial phone interview with HR. This went well and then about 10 days later I was contacted to schedule an interview with the Program Manager.

The 2nd interview was high level, and as per me I was expecting a call back in person to at least showcase my skills in depth. But that did not happen.
    I was politely refused a week later supposedly because they were looking for A LOT more experience.

Then why follow up with interview in the first place?

Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Blue Slate Solutions

Worked for Blue Slate Solutions? Contribute to the Community!