Blue State Digital

Updated Aug 21, 2014

2.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at Blue State Digital

QA Engineer Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Blue State Digital in July 2014.

There were 2 phone screens, followed by one in-house interview with several people. Unlike many companies or recruiters, they actually contacted me after the hiring process to let me know their decision, instead of leaving me hanging. I didn't get the job, but I sure can't say anything really bad about the company or the interview experience.

I suppose the only bad thing I can say about the process is that setting up the interviews was a bit chaotic, with the first phone screen interview having to be rescheduled 2 or 3 times after they didn't call me when they said they were going to, the second one being handled by an employee who works out of state which made it hard to call them ahead about something, etc.

Interview Questions
    • This is a company that's definitely looking for culture fit, not just skills fitting. So definitely have some idea of what the company is like and what they do (hint: their clientele isn't limited to Democrat politician campaigners). These are people who like what they do for a living, and it shows.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Blue State Digital in May 2014.

I was scheduled for a phone interview within a week of applying online. The process was disorganized and it was obvious that the interviewer had not prepared for the interview. The job description was vague so I intended to ask more about the position during the interview, but the interviewer was rude and didn't bother really answering any of my questions. I definitely got the impression that the interviewer didn't have any respect for me. This was definitely the worst interview process I have ever been through. Despite all of that, the HR people that I interacted with were really nice and gave me a good first impression of the kind of people at the company.

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Blue State Digital in March 2013.

Had one interview at Blue STate, through an intermediary recruiter. It appears that the so called management staff on board on 03/19/2013 claims that I am very qualified but will pass on me from a cultural perspective. They are not very welcoming of diversity it seems, and certain ethnic groups are not really seen in higher ups positions within the NY Office. Inquiring minds, wonder why please!

Interview Questions
    • Perhaps where I was asked if experienced with audits.... I explained my limited exposure and how it would help me transfer into the position   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took a dayinterviewed at Blue State Digital in June 2012.

Interviewer was very friendly with a few challenging questions. A very diverse company that targets at excellent work. I believe people in BSD will be very interesting colleagues to work with and learn from.