BlueCross BlueShield of South Carolina

Updated Dec 23, 2014
Updated Dec 23, 2014

2.4

Applications Developer Interview

I submitted my resume through a talent agency and was contacted by HR for the position. You must first pass a math and verbal proficiency test. There was a phone interview with HR followed by an on-site interview with the hiring managers. They ask very common interview questions. Dress in business attire and be confident.

BSR Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at BlueCross BlueShield of South Carolina.

It may take a month till you get a call. You do have to take tests to make sure you are proficient. It is important to dress in business attire and to act confident but not cocky. Cover your Tats, make sure your hair is straight and show up early for the interview. They will take everything into consideration. Most important be confident. They are very nice and the interview questions are really not that hard.

Auditor II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at BlueCross BlueShield of South Carolina in June 2014.

Received an initial screening call after applying two weeks prior. First phone call was to just go over my resume, where we discussed my education and employment background. Second phone call was sort of a screening call to test my general knowledge of Auditing and its concepts. My two questions were:

1. What are the three phases of and audit?
    2. What is audit independence?

A week later I was called in for an interview with the hiring manager. She asked general questions, such as:

1. Tell me about yourself
    2. Tell me about your last auditing position
    3. What did you like least about your last job?
    4. Why did your last job end?
    4. What is your experience with risk assessment?

Interview Questions
    • All the questions were pretty straight forward in both the screening interview and the physical interview, so no question for me was more difficult than the last.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at BlueCross BlueShield of South Carolina.

Inept- interview questions consisted of personal questions rather that work experience or abilities. Manager was late and appeared to be drunk and ill prepared. The process was a waste of time.

Interview Questions
    • If you were a Cartoon, which Character would you be?   View Answer

Management is not impressive

Identity and Access Management Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at BlueCross BlueShield of South Carolina in April 2014.

one phone interview, then a job offer. the phone interview was very laid back but with a mixture of technical, personal, and general questions. the interviewers were a panel of three, the manager and two team leads, and they all went back and forth asking me questions

I used a recruiter to do all of my negotiating

Project Manager Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at BlueCross BlueShield of South Carolina.

BCBS mostly hires from internal staff. The position was posted on our intranet website. If they are unable to get enough qualified candidates then they will be posted externally at southcarolinablues.com. Once scheduled for an interview you meet with the hiring manager. This can take a few weeks to schedule. Once you meet with the manager it may be a few weeks before you get a response, so be patient.

Interview Questions
    • Questions seemed to be pretty standard for project management. Questions about time management, managing people from different departments, conflict resolution, etc... Much of it related to conflict and negotiating with department heads. You may be asked to provide examples of how you dealt with conflict.   Answer Question
    For me there wasn't one. I was an internal applicant though, so it might be different for an external.

Customer Service Advocate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BlueCross BlueShield of South Carolina.

When I initially applied for a position, I was over qualified, and received rejection letters. It took my giving my resume to someone who worked at the company, who knew of an area looking for an applicant with skills/knowledge/experience. Once I was interview with a particular department, for a specific position, I was immediately offered the position.

Interview Questions
    • Unable to remember any specific or difficult question.   View Answer
    There were no negotiations. Details of what the position involved (job duties), the hours, benefits and the beginning salary for the position.

Clinical Quality Management Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at BlueCross BlueShield of South Carolina in October 2013.

Initial in terview was a telephone screening call with HR. This was followed by an invitation to fly to South Carolina (all expenses paid-airfare, hotel and rental car). The interview was a panel of two(medical director and the VP of the department). The interview lasted for almost two hours. the panel were engaged and excited about the project and that excitement was palpable .

Interview Questions
    • most unexpected question was concerninga couse taken that I had highlighted on my resume.   View Answer
    • When the ofer was made by the HR representataive. She told me she would go back to see if there was any change of a better base salary and that she would let me know. To this day I haven't heard from her, what I did get was an email telling me that BCBS of SC was sorry that I had withdrawn my application-so Iguess that was my answer.   Answer Question

Was being hired for my clinical and managed care expertise(over 20 years as an RN). I have two graduate degrees however was offered between 47-65K per annum. Which is quite a drop from my present salary.

Senior Programmer/Analyst Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at BlueCross BlueShield of South Carolina.

Hired as contractor. Interviewed by contractor company, then took phone COBOL test, and online CICS/IMS test. Then interviewed by hiring manager who asked me some technical questions and then told the contractor they wanted me. Six months later they asked me to complete an application, and extended an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Technical question about IMS I believe, but it has been a few years.   Answer Question
    I almost laughed at them when they offered to convert me from contractor to full-time. They wanted me to take an 18,000 pay cut, and the benefits were the same except they also have a pension. I talked to my manager, and he said the offer was ludicrous, but told me what he was planning to make the offer more palatable. I accepted, and 2 weeks was under a new manager who didn't make the promises. Don't take a job based on promises because you might end up with a manager that didn't make those promises.

Student Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BlueCross BlueShield of South Carolina in May 2013.

I just went in and got the job. My resume was given to a hiring person, and I just had to do some paperwork. I was able to start within a week of doing that. I had a drug test as well.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation, which I regret.