BlueLinx

6 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Inside Sales/Product Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BlueLinx.

Interview Details – I was sold by management on a position. What I did once I took the position was not what I was sold. Complete misrepresentation. Alot of broken promises. That being said during the interview process they made it a very appealing opportunity. The problem once getting hired was the whole opportunity. There wasn't one.

Negotiation Details – I should have negotiated more but I was sold on something completely different that what came to fruition pay wise. Had those promises been met, it would have been different.

Database Administrator Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at BlueLinx in July 2013.

Interview Details – Excessive nonsense about my contract work history and then they got seriously annoyed when I indicated using the interview to check them out rather than being deeply in love with them. Got the feeling they were doing me a favor by talking to me. When they got the feeling I was not a young puppy eager to do whatever they asked they quickly told me they would not be making an offer. Given the reviews I've seen of them here I am vastly relieved.

Interview Question – Why had I been working as a contractor.   View Answer

IT Postion At Atlanta Headquarters Interview

Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at BlueLinx in October 2012.

Interview Details – This was a long interview process. 7 hours over several weeks and at least 10 different employees. Still have not heard from them either way. I would say that this company is a big time waster. Staff seemed very aggressive in the interview questioning (unnecessarily) and unskilled in interviewing. Several admitted to not reading my resume prior to meeting with me. No meeting with HR either... Seemed juvenile in the questioning as if they were doing me a favor rather than meeting on common ground.

Interview Question – How do you handle aggression?   View Answer

Buyer I Interview

Englewood, CO

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BlueLinx in May 2011.

Interview Details – My brother in law who is a software programmer for the lumber department got me an interview with the VP of metals at the time. 1 phone interview then 1 face to face then gave me the offer and waited 2 weeks to start the job from initial contact.

Work culture was laid back, office people super laid back and not very bright (just there for the paycheck for most departments and most individuals).

Advice... Don't work here if you get a similar or even a lower compensation offer elsewhere. Only come here as a last resort for a job...

Interview Questions

• What achievements have you had in the past as far as the required position you are applying for goes?   Answer Question
  • What are your career goals in the next 5 years?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Did not negotiate

Customer Service Interview

Customer Service
Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at BlueLinx in March 2009.

Interview Details – You will be contacted by a member of HR (Lovelace). Then an interview will be scheduled with the hiring manager. Drug test = mouth swab

Interview Question – Why would you be a good fit for our company?   Answer Question

Product Specialist Interview

Product Specialist

The process took 2 months - interviewed at BlueLinx in December 2010.

Interview Details – I interviewed for a product specialist position with this company and made it to the final round where they chose a candidate with more experience over me.

Interview Question – What are some skills that you use to be successful in your currently job?   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for BlueLinx? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at BlueLinx interview questions and advice. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by BlueLinx employees and interview candidates.