BlueWave Computing

Relevance Date Difficulty

Systems Administrator I Interview

Systems Administrator I
Smyrna, GA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BlueWave Computing in August 2011.

Interview Details – I had a phone interview which included a 20 question placement test. This was with the hiring manager. Once I bombed the test but still went in for an interview. It was a face to face interview with team lead and hiring manager and it went very well! Hired as a SA1.

Interview Question – 20 question test had combined level of knowledge.   View Answer

Systems Administrator Interview

Systems Administrator

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BlueWave Computing.

Interview Details – On the phone interview they will ask you a lot of technical questions. If you know your stuff you should be fine. Then your face to face interview with several people.

Interview Question – nothing mainly technical questions   View Answer

Reason for Declining – They will try to low ball you. They wont even offer close to the market value of the position titles. If your really talented, don't waste your time.

Very Easy Interview

SE Interview Interview

SE Interview
Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at BlueWave Computing.

Interview Details – I got the impression the 2 people that interviewed me had not seen my resume before I met them for the interview. This was undoubtedly the fault of the recruiter. The interview was typical, nothing out of the ordinary. They asked about my work experience, explained about the job and responsibilities, etc.

Interview Question – The technical pre-interview questions were easy. There were no surprises.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – As the other candidate has stated, offered salary was extremely low. Even after negotiations, their second offer was unacceptable. It was definitely their loss as it otherwise seemed like it would be a great place to work.

Systems Engineer III Interview

Systems Engineer III

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at BlueWave Computing in May 2012.

Interview Details – The work culture seems great, and the office itself is nice. All the people seemed friendly, and the company is mostly of younger people which I prefer. It had a hip type feeling. The interview was easy, but designed to weed out people who don't really know their stuff.

Interview Question – Mostly technical questions   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I declined because the salaries are embarrassingly low compared to the market. They know they are too, and don't care. That says all I need to know about the company. If you are an entry level guy this is probably a good place. Senior levels guys will make a ton more money elsewhere.

Sales Interview

Sales

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BlueWave Computing in January 2012.

Interview Details – Fairly decent and straight forward interview. The company is expanding at an alarming rate, especially during a stagnant economy. The interview consisted of basic questions - what are you best qualities, why do you want this position, what can you bring, etc. Additionally, there were some hidden personality questions thrown into the mix.

Interview Question – How do you say your name?   Answer Question

Worked for BlueWave Computing? Contribute to the Community!