Bluegreen Vacations Interview Questions

Updated Jun 8, 2015

2.4

Receptionist/Administrative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Bluegreen Vacations (Boca Raton, FL) in May 2015.

Interview

I got a message on my cell phone to call someone after they received my Resume. I then called back and they were very receptive. From there I was to have a phone interview with someone from their H.R. dept. which I did and they were very pleasant. I was then asked to come in for an interview and the receptionist was very warm and friendly, she made me feel very comfortable which was really nice! I met with the an Executive Assistant and then the H.R. director and they were both very genuine and I was very comfortable during the whole process! That was a week ago today and unfortunately I do not think I will get the job, but I am still keeping my fingers crossed! I think it would be a really great team to be a part of and with and they have a very extensive benefits package!

Interview Questions

• Why am I interested in working for Bluegreen?   1 Answer

Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Bluegreen Vacations in April 2015.

Interview

Initially contacted via telephone. First interview was over Skype and the second was in person at one of their close stores. Both interviewers were very kindhearted and easy to talk to. They will both give you overviews of the process, just to ensure you know what in you will be doing if hired.

Activities Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gordonsville, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Bluegreen Vacations (Gordonsville, VA).

Interview

Simple questions on personality and recent job history. Came to Shenandoah Crossings job fair and got an offer on the spot. Was asked to drug test and attend orientation. The managers are great but HR was very disinterested in her own job and handling others.

Sales/Marketing Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Bluegreen Vacations (Memphis, TN) in February 2015.

Interview

The manager was very knowledgable, and made me feel comfortable. I told how I will use my experiences from my previous job to start a new career at Bluegreen Vacation.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my sale experiences, and why I would like to work for this company?   Answer Question

Receptionist (Any Open Position Available) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Bluegreen Vacations (Boca Raton, FL) in January 2015.

Interview

I saw the Job Fair ad on-line at the end of January and decided to attend it. When I arrived I was greeted by one of their HR recruiters. The interview process took about 1 hour and the recruiter asked me your usual interview questions such as tell me about a time when and what did you do when and also what are some of your strengths and weaknesses. After the interview and me answering all the questions which I thought the recruiter was going to tell me about the available open positions that I could qualify for, all the recruiter said was that I would be receiving a call within the next week or so from them to provide me with information about positions I could qualify for. It's been 2 months after and i still haven't received a call from anyone from their HR department but if you look at their website you find a bunch of open positions and even when yoou call them to find about such open positions you still can't get a call back from anyone there. Whats the point of companies having open job fairs if they're not even going to hire then and there.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to give bad news to a customer who was already irate!   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bluegreen Vacations (Orlando, FL).

Interview

I did an application online on a Monday, then called the number on the app for immediate consideration. Got interviewed on Wednesday they called me back on the following Monday asked me to come in for a 2nd interview that same day. Got a call the following Monday I accep the position. After accepting the offer I had 48 hrs to complete a urine drug test. Position starts in a month.

Interview Questions

• Did a personality check off and typing speed test for the first interview   Answer Question

Human Resources Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boca Raton, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Bluegreen Vacations (Boca Raton, FL) in November 2014.

Interview

Quick phone interview followed by an in person interview. They sent their benfit information in the confirmation email. They send your emails with asseements. Fairly easy. They asked questions based on the job and what would you do in certain situations or how you handled it

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations I was offered less than previous job but they have nice benefits

Resort Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Bluegreen Vacations.

Interview

They asked of a lot of DDI - behavior questions but not ask the question in detail. Seemed more a general review than actual interview. Cut me off during answers and paid more attention to her cell phone which I found rude and unprofessional

Interview Questions

• "Do you know what you are applying for"   1 Answer

The overall feel during the interview left me skeptical of how professional this organization really was. If the interviewer was distracted and disengaged during the interview I felt that was a prelude of things to come.

District Manager- Retail Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Bluegreen Vacations (Orlando, FL).

Interview

Higher ups are clueless. Many have been there so long they really have no idea what the trenches are like. Very ivory tower. The program started as Bass Pro Shops only then expanded to retail outlet malls. The reps sell mini-vacation packages to prospective timeshare tour guests.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None.

Sales Representative At Outdoor Traveler In Basspro Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sevierville, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bluegreen Vacations (Sevierville, TN).

Interview

Sent in application, got phone call to schedule interview from the locations manager. I came in and it was a very informal, blunt and to the point interview. They do drug tests so sat down the bong. Once on board it doesn't matter as long as you sell. I like that because I have a tardy problem that has cost me jobs in the past, but when I get to work I outwork everyone, and Bluegreen is perfect for that, I told my manager that and he said that'd be ok, just get on the board.

Interview Questions

• CAN YOU DO WHAT YOUR TOLD? It is harder than it sounds, but there is a system that is their system, lots of things that have to be said when talking to the customer in a certain way. They want it all that way.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation, take it leave it pay and benefits plan.