Bluestem Brands

12 candidate interviews

Very Easy Interview

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Bluestem Brands.

Interview Details – Very simple and easy. Did not really have an interview, just showed up and did the training.

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. This is what we have to offer.

Senior Contact Center Operations Analyst Interview

Senior Contact Center Operations Analyst
Minneapolis, MN

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Bluestem Brands in July 2011.

Interview Details – I received an email from the Talent Acquisition Manager while I was out of the country on vacation. I responded and said I would return in two weeks. She said that would be fine, and when I returned, she set up two days of interviews. I interviewed with my hiring manager and the VP above him at the headquarters in Eden Prairie, and then later that week I drove up to Saint Cloud (where the call center is) and interviewed with a panel of four people. The culture is very casual at Bluestem, which was apparent during the interviews. I was, of course, all decked out in a suit, and my (eventual) boss was wearing jeans and a neon green shirt. In terms of interview questions, they were pretty typical behavioral questions. Nothing too surprising.

Interview Question – Describe how you would measure customer service.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was offered a base salary, and when I asked for more (approximately 5%), my boss said that I would make that and more with the yearly bonus. He did, however agree to revisit my salary at the six-month mark, which he did. I got 4% then, after 6 months of good work.

Analyst Interview

Analyst
Eden Prairie, MN

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bluestem Brands in July 2011.

Interview Details – Basic programming questions, strengths and qualifications. Straight forward and easy. Laid back company so laid back interviews.

Interview Question – Describe your weaknesses.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Product Content Support Interview

Product Content Support

The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Bluestem Brands.

Interview Details – Had a 15 minute phone call learning about the position. Was later invited to an in-person interview that consisted of two 30 minute sessions with one interviewer each. I received positive feedback and was told they would be recommending me to fill the position. I was working with the senior recruiter who was extremely unprofessional. She was unreachable by phone and email for weeks even when the front desk told me she was in her office. I ended up getting another offer that I needed to respond to ASAP which I accepted. I couldn't wait for Bluestem to finally get back to me on the interview that I had three weeks prior. Communication was nonexistent.

Interview Question – Questions on teamwork and problem solving   Answer Question

Flag Interview

Bluestem Brands Senior Vice President, HR responded to this review

Jun 16, 2014

My apologies for this situation. Bluestem would never want any employee, candidate, or customer to feel this way. I realize that you have moved on to a new role, however, please feel free to reach ... More

Dotcom Manager Interview

Dotcom Manager

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Bluestem Brands.

Interview Details – I was contacted a 2 days after filling out an application to schedule a phone interview and was told they really wanted to talk to me. The phone interview was very basic. I just walked through my resume and described why I would be a good fit for the position giving examples of prior work history. I was brought in the following week to have an interview with 5 different people 30 minutes each. It was a pretty easy interview. No behavioral questions just talking about my past and vision and what drives me and what I could bring to the company. Everyone was really nice and seemed to really enjoy their job. They are a really fast growing company and there is a lot of opportunity there. It has been over 3 weeks now and I have yet to hear back. There has been no communication. When I reached out to them to ask where they were in the process, they said they were still in the very beginning stages and it would be a while. Their resources are very limited in HR. If this company is serious about growing, they need to be able to handle the workload on their end to hire for the positions that they are posting for. I have spoken to others that have applied for other positions and they had the same experience.

I was excited for the opportunity to work there but this left a bad taste in my mouth. I have since moved on to another offer I received. I could not wait any longer for them to get their stuff together.

Interview Question – Do you know how to use PowerPoint?   View Answer

Marketing Analyst, ECommerce Interview

Marketing Analyst, ECommerce
Eden Prairie, MN

I applied online and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at Bluestem Brands in February 2013.

Interview Details – I applied for the job in mid-December. I received a call shortly thereafter wanting to schedule a phone interview. I had that phone interview the day after Christmas. It was a fairly standard interview with an HR staffer.

I heard back after a couple of weeks, letting me know that I was selected for an in-person interview. I met with the hiring manager and the director of the department. These interviews went well, so I was called back in mid-February for a second interview, where I met with two other marketing employees. I really had a good conversation with one of them in particular.

I did not hear back at the time I expected followup, so I called the hiring manager. I found I did not get the job, but they were looking to see if they could add me in another role. This did not turn out as well. That being said, it was still a positive experience as I look for the right job for me.

Interview Question – What was a situation where you had to deal with a difficult person?   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager
Eden Prairie, MN

I applied online - interviewed at Bluestem Brands in February 2014.

Interview Details – I originally had a phone interview which led into a person-to-person interview. The interview at BlueStem lasted about two hours and I met with different groups of people: marketing, sales, operations. They did a log of the talking which surprised me. They were all very nice people to talk to. I then had a final breakfast interview after I made it into the final three individuals.

Interview Question – Nothing unique really stands out for me.   Answer Question

Marketing Analyst Interview

Marketing Analyst
Eden Prairie, MN

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bluestem Brands in December 2010.

Interview Details – Was brought in for an in person interview for three different positions. Was then brought back for a second interview for two of them. Earned both positions, but was told which one to take based on the current needs of the company.

Negotiation Details – There was not much of a negotiating phase

Analyst Interview

Analyst

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bluestem Brands in December 2009.

Interview Details – typical

Negotiation Details – counter offer made and accepted.

Marketing Interview

Marketing
Eden Prairie, MN

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Bluestem Brands in March 2012.

Interview Details – The hiring process was very efficient and smooth. After applying you are contacted for a phone interview if they are interested in you. After that I was contacted to come in for a face-to-face interview with a few people in the company and was later called back for a final interview with yet a few more people in the company. They are a results-oriented and analytical company so be ready for some analytical-type interview questions. Overall HR was very prompt and flexible when scheduling the interviews and everything was very well organized. They were friendly, welcoming, and professional throughout the whole process. I was impressed!

Interview Question – Not needing an exact answer, but being more concered about how you come up with the answer to this question, how many McDonald's do you think there are in the U.S.?   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Bluestem Brands? Contribute to the Community!

Bluestem Brands – Why Work for Us?

About Us With three flourishing, distinct retail brands, three campuses and more than 1,000 employees, there is always something exciting happening at Bluestem Brands. We have a distinctive value proposition: We are a… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Bluestem Brands interview questions and advice. All 12 interview reviews posted anonymously by Bluestem Brands employees and interview candidates.