Bluestem Brands

1 candidate interview Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Junior Software Engineer Interview

Eagan, MN

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Bluestem Brands in September 2012.

Interview Details – I had a phone interview as well as an on site interview.

I had applied and been interviewed, thought that overall the interview was ok. It went well for the first interviewers who asked technical questions and explained the project more, but then the "talent acquisition director" from HR, the last of my 5 interviewers came in.

She seemed very disinterested and made it plain that I was a waste of her time. I have no doubts that she made the call not to hire.

I got notice a few days later that I did not get the job.

a month later, I got another call back asking if I was still interested in the job, I told them I took another contract and was told to "be in touch" in the coming months as the position is like to still be open.

None of my emails have been answered.

Interview Question – I was asked a riddle by one of the developers.   Answer Question

Flag Interview

Bluestem Brands Talent Acquisition Manager responded to this review

Jul 9, 2013

Thank you for the feedback. Feedback helps us determine if we are achieving an important objective of our interview process: delivering positive experiences for all candidates. We continuously ... More

Worked for Bluestem Brands? Contribute to the Community!

Bluestem Brands – Why Work for Us?

About Us With three flourishing, distinct retail brands, three campuses and more than 1,000 employees, there is always something exciting happening at Bluestem Brands. We have a distinctive value proposition: We are a… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Bluestem Brands Junior Software Engineer interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Bluestem Brands employees and interview candidates.