Bluewolf Interview Questions

Updated Jun 5, 2015

2.7

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Bluewolf.

Interview

Started with quick HR phone screening with a few behavioral questions. Then an hour behavioral phone interview with a Manager. Took another offer before finishing the process. Everyone was kind and helpful.

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Bluewolf (San Francisco, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

A recruiter from NY messaged me on LinkedIn about an opportunity and we briefly spoke for 15 minutes on the phone about this position and my background. She then helped set up an on-site interview where I was interviewed by the Design team, followed by a "design challenge" after the interview where I designed a Powerpoint deck based on their design standards.

Interview Questions

• What's your experience with the Microsoft Office, Powerpoint, specifically?   Answer Question
    • Walk us through your portfolio and favorite projects.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Bluewolf.

Interview

All members of the Bluewolf team were very friendly, informative, and professional. It was evident they were searching for a candidate who not only had the skill set for the job, but also fit in their unique culture. The final presentation gives candidates an opportunity to showcase their technical aptitude, communication/presentation skills, and ability to ask appropriate questions. The Bluewolf team offered constructive feedback afterward. Great experience and a great talent-acquisition team.

Interview Questions

• Questions were behavioral or related to problem-solving abilities in final case study presentation.   Answer Question

Junior Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Bluewolf (Atlanta, GA) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied for the job online and was approached by a recruiter.
    Strangely the recruiter decided that for a first contact she can just call me on my cell phone (all other recruiters first reach out by email).
    She asked me about my position and I told her that I work for a fortune 5 company as a Software Developer and we are a "java shop" and use java to develop applications.
    Somehow she concluded that I don't work on any customer facing applications. (In fact I do work on one app which is used by our clients).
    She than proceeded telling me that because I use Java I am no a web developer and not a good fit for their company.
    At this point I asked what technology stack does BlueWolf use. Only to find out their technology stack is very similar to what I am working with. I guess I need to mention that she lacked the concept of webserver.
    At this point I just gave up and I know that I will not be pursuing any further.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Bluewolf (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

An internal recruiter reached out to me via linked-in. A few over-the-phone interviews and then the final in-person, panel-style (6 people) interview before I was offered the job. The whole process took about a month start to finish. Nick, the recruiter, was a great resource in helping me get prepared for each interviews, and was very straightforward during the entire process. Each of the managers were also straightforward as to what the next steps were in each interview. The over the phone interviews were however, very short - 30 minutes, and that's not a lot of time to get through my questions and a better understanding of the position.

Interview Questions

• Situational questions, behavior interview questions. Describe previous work history and give examples of experience as it relates to a situation. Present a high-level project plan as it relates to a sample scenario. Emphasis on how comfortable I am with traveling and being flexible.   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Bluewolf (Washington, DC).

Interview

The hiring process was done over 9 interviews. Spoke with multiple levels in the company and all were passionate about Bluewolf and opportunities at the company. Started off consulting as an independent contractor in order to determine our mutual fit. Once the initial projects were complete I was offered a full time position.

Interview Questions

Bluewolf Response

Apr 13, 2015Head of Recruiting

Thank you for taking the time to post a review and happy to hear you've joined the Bluewolf pack. I noticed you found the interview process to be "average", if you were in talent acquisition what ... More

Senior QA Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Bluewolf.

Interview

Worst I ever had.

The interview process is one of the most tedious and frustrating experiences I've ever had in my professional career.

I had 4 phone interviews, one face to face and one presentation.

For the presentation, they had me come in at 630pm on a Tuesday due to scheduling. When I got there, I apologized lightly to one of my interviewers for making her stay late because of me. She almost scoffed at this and said "Uh, ok. I always stay this late." LOL. Riight.

I waited about a month for a decision(kept getting pushed back because decision-makers were supposedly too busy). During this time, I received two other offers but put them on hold so I can see what the folks at BW would decide on. They praised me throughout the entire process so I thought I was a shoe-in.

After waiting about 2 weeks for the final decision, I get an email asking if I have time to schedule another phone interview with them. I felt insulted and felt like I was getting played by this point.

Reading the reviews, it seems like most employees are complaining about managment. They def. know how to fluff themselves up. They talk more about themselves during interviews then actually asking you questions.

Also, tone of the people that were interviewing me was telling me how there is so much opportunity for growth. He worked there for 2 years but quit for "personal reasons" the following week. Why quit if the company is taking care of you? Hmmmmm.

I think I dodged a bullet by not going with BW. Very happy with my choice of passing on the opportunity here.

Interview Questions

Bluewolf Response

Mar 31, 2015Head of Recruiting

Thank you so much for sharing feedback on your experience, its never our intention to prolong the interview cycle and we're taking an active role on streamlining processes for new roles like QA.

Marketing Services Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Bluewolf (Chicago, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

Can't tell you how impressed I am with Bluewolf during my interview process. I will just say that I am extremely impressed with the people I have talked to and the conversations I have had with Bluewolf staff. For me to leave my current position it has to be about fit. If the company is not invested in me then it isn't worth it for me to leave. I want to add value where I am going and have an opportunity to advance my career and do great and exciting work.

I did had another interview for a similar position yesterday and based on the first conversation their people and processes do not compare to what I have seen from Bluewolf. Whether it works out or not I would just say they should keep doing what they're doing and they are bound to attract the best talent.

Interview Questions

• How much travel am I comfortable with?   1 Answer

Apr 13, 2015Head of Recruiting

Thank you for sharing your positive experience and for all the kinds words. We’re glad to have someone who understands our culture and shares the same values. Hope we continue to prove you made the ... More

Talent Acquisition Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Bluewolf (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

I received a phone call from a member of the recruiting team who scheduled a phone conversation with me and the hiring manager for the position. I talked with the hiring manager on the scheduled call and she scheduled a 90 minute onsite/virtual interview with her and her team. I received an offer one week later.

The interview process was very thorough and the communication throughout the process was frequent, clear, and concise. The team was very professional and always made sure I knew where I was in the process. Overall, the team went above and beyond during the interview process to make sure my candidate experience was perfect!

Interview Questions

Bluewolf Response

Apr 13, 2015Head of Recruiting

Thank you for taking the time to add your feedback. Glad to have you with us and hope the transition has been smooth! I noticed you found the interview process to be "average", if you were in talent ... More

QA Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Bluewolf.

Interview

Contacted by Vaughn from BlueWolf via LinkedIn. We scheduled a phone interview and we spoke about the position. It wasn't very detailed, mostly spoke about how young and cool everyone is at BlueWolf. He scheduled an interview with the QA Architect.

The phone interview with the QA Architect went really well. It seemed I was over qualified. The position of QA Engineer turned out to be almost all following test scripts, step by step process. Basically, you get a bunch of documents that tell you what to do step by step.

What really upset me was that there were several times where I made time for the interview and it turned out they had to reschedule. Also, they never followed up on
    the process--very unprofessional. B

Interview Questions

Bluewolf Response

Mar 31, 2015Head of Recruiting

Thank you for your feedback, we apologize for your negative experience. Talent Acquisition has addresed the issue with the recruiter. We believe in our employees and have found an alternative ... More