Bluewolf

Relevance Date Difficulty

Consultant Interview

Consultant

Interviewed at Bluewolf

Interview Details – 3 interviews, one with a recruiter, one with a consultant, and one with a manager. Ended in a presentation. Everyone was very friendly and easy to interact with

Interview Question – Presentation   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Developer Interview

Developer

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Bluewolf.

Interview Details – I applied through their website then got a call from one of their HR people a couple of weeks later. It was a pleasant phone call and afterwards I was asked to complete a programming assignment. It was very easy so I completed it in 15 minutes. A few days later, I got an invite to visit their office. I had a great time — everyone was really cool but it seemed just a meet-and-greet rather than an on-site technical interview. A few days later, I got another email and was asked to complete another programming assignment. I was rather annoyed (since they had the opportunity to gauge my coding skills during the on-site but they didn't) but I didn't say anything since it was pretty easy. I turned it in quickly and then later on was invited to another visit to their office. At this point, I am pretty annoyed since this is a sign of inefficiency in their recruiting process but I went anyway because I enjoyed my last visit. It went well again and was a really easy interview (surprisingly no algorithm/mathematical challenges at all). They just asked some general questions about my programming background experience and a couple of questions about my solutions to their programming assignments. There were some behavioral/cultural questions as well.

I got an offer a week or so later and was VERY DISAPPOINTED at the compensation package. I couldn't believe how low the offer was! They tried to talk up the company's bonus structure and point out that I'm just a new-grad but I just sadly shook my head and declined. I didn't even try to negotiate since I already got another offer that was almost 50% more than what they are offering. It seems that Bluewolf, as a company, only sees software developers as interchangeable grunts a.k.a "code-monkeys".

Interview Question – Nothing difficult at all and the only unexpected thing was the lack of multi-round, algorithm challenges that needed to be solved on the spot.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Salary was laughably low for a software developer.

Solutions Architect Interview

Solutions Architect

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Bluewolf in October 2013.

Interview Details – I found the interview process to be clear, fluid, and complete. I was asked about my professional background and interviewed specifically about my skills. Additionally, throughout the process I was also asked about me as a person, my interests, my goals, and drives. The discussions were comfortable and not stuffy in any way.

Interview Question – A technical question I cannot divulge.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Bluewolf in October 2013.

Interview Details – The interview process was straight forward. Preliminary phone interview, algorithm based coding assignment and then a more practically coding assignment. If all goes well this leads to a in person interview. Amazing office, great workstations and they provide dual monitors. First impression of office culture is amazing, simply seemed fun. The people i met with were really cool and were a big factor in my decision!

Interview Question – Sketch out a Diagram of some system you developed.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The offer was great, i simply asked when i can start!

Very Easy Interview

Junior Developer Interview

Junior Developer

I applied online - interviewed at Bluewolf in August 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online, Then the HR person got in contact with me. After reading a lot of reviews on glassdoor, I was expecting from the interview. She called me, and it seemed she was really bored. one word replies to every detailed answer I gave,

Pretty standard questions, definitely not interested in my answers. the interview was over in 10 -15 mins flat. After a week i put a followup and she said she moved ahead with other candidates.

Interview Question – pretty simple resume screening.   Answer Question

Solutions Architect Interview

Solutions Architect
San Diego, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Bluewolf in April 2013.

Interview Details – Several Interviews - 6-10. Most done over the phone, two in person. First few were done with Internal Recruiting staff. Everyone I spoke with was just so darn friendly. They all seemed so passionate about their own jobs. Anyone who speaks so highly of their own employer with ZERO hesitation is telling the truth and has a genuine love and passion for their employer. This was an extremely attractive aspect, as some places everyone sounds like zombies, overworked, bored and just punching them cards until retirement.

For this role, Sr Consultants and Tech Architects, there are some more in-depth sessions regard Systems/App knowledge. Additional calls were held to go over a Fictitious Company, use cases and functional requirements. Some curveballs in here, but they are wanting to gauge your problem-solving thought processes and are looking to see the order in which you rule things out... Keep the solutions as simple as possible (in general; both in real world perspective and this interview)

I got a little antsy towards the end, because I was wanting to know what their interest level and if an offer would be extended, but they still had more interviews and research to conduct.

Interview Question – Fictitious company had a requirement to display only open opportunities on the Account page, and did not just want the related list to be sorted.   View Answer

Agile Business Executive Interview

Agile Business Executive

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Bluewolf.

Interview Details – Found posting online. Applied via email and was contacted the next day. I had 2 phone interviews one with a recruiter one with management, 1 office interview, flew out for final. The process was really fast. I got a lot of feedback and left knowing what i did right. Very friendly staff nice office. Decided to take another offer before i finished the process

Interview Questions

Account Director Interview

Account Director

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Bluewolf.

Interview Details – Just a joke. they bring candidates in for interview then make fun of them.

Interview Question – Do you have a life outside of work?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None at all.

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Bluewolf in October 2012.

Interview Details – After interviewing through several levels, they offered me a developers position on a Friday. They said I had to be at their clients in another city on Monday. I was expected to leave my existing position at a fortune 50 corp with no notice. To top it off they wanted me to pay my own way and they would reimburse me "later". I said I wouldn't leave where I was without a professional notice, I also wouldn't EVER use my funds to pay for a business expense. If they weren't organized and professional enough to provide a corp card and travel expenses then I wasn't interested. The dweeb on the phone said, "Then I guess you wouldn't fit into our culture". I told him I wasn't in the business of funding his and hung up.

Interview Question – Will you pay to fund our company while you work for free!   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Once I accepted on a Friday, then they told me they wanted me to start Monday, leaving my current employer with no notice. They also expected me to cover my own travel and lodging. I got the feeling they had screwed up and over promised and couldn't deliver.

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bluewolf.

Interview Details – 2 phone interviews. They forgot about my first interview. I had to call. Girl acted like she could care less. 2nd interview was a role play with a consultant pretending to be a potential client.

Interview Question – How would you describe a database to an 8 year old?   Answer Question