Bluewolf

2.7

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bluewolf in December 2013.

Got initial phone call from a lady. It went well for about 15 mins. She gave coding assignment which had 3 common questions like find duplicate in an array, find non repeating character in an array, and if a card deck shuffle problem. For each of them a unit test was asked to write.

Agile Business Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Bluewolf in December 2013.

Applied through my campus career office and had a one on one interview scheduled with a recruiter. It was extremely informal, to the point where our conversation was not productive or related to my skills or the company at all. She scoffed at some of my job experiences and did not make any effort to understand the position, which was obviously off putting. Conversation did not feel genuine and I left being a little confused.

Received an e-mail on a Sunday afternoon asking if I could schedule a phone interview for the next day, which I did. They did not provide any information as to what I should prepare or think about. The conversation was cordial, more formal, and essentially behavioral questions about why I chose my school, basic work experience, any questions I had for them, etc.

Received a call a week later requesting to set up a final interview which is a presentation on your 5 year plan. I lost interest in the company and declined.

Recruiting process was very hot and cold, seemed somewhat unorganized.

Consultant Interview

3 interviews, one with a recruiter, one with a consultant, and one with a manager. Ended in a presentation. Everyone was very friendly and easy to interact with

Agile Business Executive Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bluewolf in November 2013.

Two rounds of phone interviews: first round with recruiter, and second round with recent graduate of the ABE program (a new business analyst at Bluewolf). Great experience with the recruiter, but very poor conversation at the second round with the business analyst.

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bluewolf in November 2013.

Very basic interview first rounds. Only regular behavioral questions.

Developer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Bluewolf.

I applied through their website then got a call from one of their HR people a couple of weeks later. It was a pleasant phone call and afterwards I was asked to complete a programming assignment. It was very easy so I completed it in 15 minutes. A few days later, I got an invite to visit their office. I had a great time — everyone was really cool but it seemed just a meet-and-greet rather than an on-site technical interview. A few days later, I got another email and was asked to complete another programming assignment. I was rather annoyed (since they had the opportunity to gauge my coding skills during the on-site but they didn't) but I didn't say anything since it was pretty easy. I turned it in quickly and then later on was invited to another visit to their office. At this point, I am pretty annoyed since this is a sign of inefficiency in their recruiting process but I went anyway because I enjoyed my last visit. It went well again and was a really easy interview (surprisingly no algorithm/mathematical challenges at all). They just asked some general questions about my programming background experience and a couple of questions about my solutions to their programming assignments. There were some behavioral/cultural questions as well.

I got an offer a week or so later and was VERY DISAPPOINTED at the compensation package. I couldn't believe how low the offer was! They tried to talk up the company's bonus structure and point out that I'm just a new-grad but I just sadly shook my head and declined. I didn't even try to negotiate since I already got another offer that was almost 50% more than what they are offering. It seems that Bluewolf, as a company, only sees software developers as interchangeable grunts a.k.a "code-monkeys".

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult at all and the only unexpected thing was the lack of multi-round, algorithm challenges that needed to be solved on the spot.   Answer Question

Salary was laughably low for a software developer.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

interviewed at Bluewolf in October 2013.

They called me up for a quick behavioral interview. Then the next interview, I was supposed to call them as a consultant and they would play the role as a client. I asked questions about a specific problem and then was asked to come in and deliver a presentation for them on the solution.

I thought it was a good way to interview someones consulting skills.

Interview Questions
    • Having to become quickly knowledge about salesforce. If you have prior salesforce knowledge, you should do well.   Answer Question

I didn't get a great sense that people were happy at the company and they did not impress me with Salary

Solutions Architect Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Bluewolf in October 2013.

I found the interview process to be clear, fluid, and complete. I was asked about my professional background and interviewed specifically about my skills. Additionally, throughout the process I was also asked about me as a person, my interests, my goals, and drives. The discussions were comfortable and not stuffy in any way.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Bluewolf in October 2013.

The interview process was straight forward. Preliminary phone interview, algorithm based coding assignment and then a more practically coding assignment. If all goes well this leads to a in person interview. Amazing office, great workstations and they provide dual monitors. First impression of office culture is amazing, simply seemed fun. The people i met with were really cool and were a big factor in my decision!

Interview Questions
    • Sketch out a Diagram of some system you developed.   View Answer
    The offer was great, i simply asked when i can start!

Developer (Bluewolf Beyond) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bluewolf in September 2013.

Met recruiter at job fair. Initial interview was over the phone, standard questions about my background, information about their company. Was given coding challenge, first one was easy (couple basic problems) second was more challenging but creative and fun. In person interview shortly thereafter, went very well, met with 3 individuals, but unfortunately even though the interview was a positive one, they found someone with more credentials than I. All in all very good experience, will maybe try again in the future!