Bluewolf

Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Tech Recruiter Interview

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 7 weeks - interviewed at Bluewolf in February 2013.

Interview Details – This is a very long and detailed review of the process.

Bluewolf is a very easy company to get an interview with. I applied on LinkedIn and was contacted by a recruiter very shortly after. I had about a 20 minute phone interview talking about my background, interests, why I am interested in recruiting, etc. I was asked to come in for a face to face interview two weeks later.

The week of my interview, I received an email saying the location had been changed due to an office move that was taking place the night before my interview. When I arrived, they were still in the process of moving -- why the recruiter suggested the day after a move, I don't know. I was about 10 minutes early just to be safe and no one was prepared for me. I was told to wait in the conference room.

I talked to a tech recruiter for about 10 minutes. She asked why I was interested and to describe my competitiveness. She mentioned loving the commission structure in IT recruiting more than corporate recruiting and that making money is the main priority of both her and the company. Next, I talked to a recruiting manager for again about 10 minutes. He was really nice and seem genuinely interested in why I was there and about me as a person. He then said I should talk to another manager.

(This is when we got kicked out of the conference room I was interviewing in because of another meeting. They did not have any other rooms available, so I went to the CEO's office for a bit then moved again to the kitchen area.)

I talked to a sales manager who I believe spoke with me as a filler, but he was nice and asked about why I was interested again and said he had no bearing on hiring me. He talked about how great the company was.

I then talked to another recruiting manager for 5 minutes. He was out of breath and was clearly in the middle of doing something involved with the office move. He asked to schedule a phone interview the following week because he was so busy. I agreed.I set up a phone interview through my initial recruiter with the second recruiting manager. He missed the first two phone appointment we made. I then made another. When he was finally able to speak with me (a week later than initially planned), we spoke for 5 minutes. He told me about the position more and again asked who I was interviewing with, why I wanted a job before graduation in May, and how I am competitive. He said he had heard good feedback and wanted me to speak with the VP, recruiting.

I scheduled another phone interview with the VP (the 6th person I spoke with from the company). We talked for 4 minutes and she asked my background, what position I was interviewing for, which location, when I would be willing to relocate, and if I had already come in for a face to face. I said yes and we ended the call.

Up until the very last interview, I had been in constant contact with the recruiter and the day following my final interview I received a very vague email saying I was not selected. Upon asking for more feedback I was told there was room in the headcount for only one and several players were in the game.

Overall, everything seemed to be very disorganized. I invested time and money into going to the office (I had to fly) and was disappointed in how unprepared and unorganized everyone was. Because I was already in the process I decided to stick it out, but I should have known better. The recruiting and interview process is a test for the candidate as well as the company, and it seems like neither one of us ended up being too impressed.

Interview Question – There really were no difficult questions. Here are a few:

Who else are you interviewing with? Why do you want to get into recruiting/sales? Describe how you are competitive. Would you be ok competing with friends in the work place and being held accountable for your actions? When can you relocate? Tell me about yourself. Other personality type questions. What do you like to do for fun? Explain how you incorporate the "work hard play hard" mentality into your everyday life.
  Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Very Easy Interview

Tech Recruiter Interview

Boston, MA

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Bluewolf in April 2012.

Interview Details – I actually saw this job on Twitter and contacted the company about it. They are opening a Boston office, and building a new team there. I went through a total of 3 steps.

At first they were really responsive and set up a phone interview immediately. The interview just basically was "tell me about yourself." She also kept trying to sell me on the other position they had open which was a straight sales position. Although the position I applied for involved sales, it wasn't the focus.

The phone interview was only about 5 minutes, and she asked me to come in for a one on one interview two days later. I went in and to be honest, I was pretty uncomfortable so I didn't think I did well. The girl that interviewed me had graduated only a few months before me, and was EXTREMELY bubbly and energetic. She described the company some (basically talked it up) and then asked me if I had any questions. She admitted it was her first time really interviewing people out here so she didn't seem to know what she was doing which was obvious by the fact I essentially traveled an hour into Boston so she could talk about herself and say "Any questions?"

After that she said on the spot that she thought I'd be a great fit for the company and would like me to come back for this 'open house' they were holding for prospective candidates of all kinds, not just those looking at the tech recruiter position. I thought it was strange she thought I was a good fit, because I really felt like 1) I hadn't had a chance to talk enough for her to determine that and 2) I felt I hadn't done well. Nevertheless, I agreed to go to the after hours open house they had two days later.

So, I went in expecting maybe 10-15 people but instead counted 85 name tags on the table to sign in/come in. Only about 35 people showed up, however, it was still a very awkward scenario. There was a short presentation which talked about the company (not the jobs we'd be performing) and the rest of the two hours we were expected to just mingle with the executive team and essentially sell ourselves. Also, everyone, including the executive team, was drinking wine.

About an hour into this the woman I had interviewed with pulled me aside and said since I'd had a chance to talk with the main people she wanted me to, I could go. But could I come back the following day for a one on one with the CEO. I found this pretty odd as well because I spoke for maybe 5 minutes total during this and there is no way I left that desirable an impression or that they had a chance to even discuss that. I told her no, I couldn't because I work a temp job three days a week. She asked if I could come in during my lunch. I said no, it just wasn't possible to get into Boston in that amount of time. She asked if I could come before work. I said no, because I'd have to get there to the interview at 6:30am. She was relentless though and said "Well I'll just put you in for 4pm and you let me know."

I emailed her that night reiterating that there was no way I could make it the next day, but to please let me know if a skype or phone interview was possible. (I know the CEO is based in NY so I understand he wasn't going to be in Boston past Friday) She emailed me back saying "Is there really no way you can make it on your lunch?" At this point, she was clearly just being pushy and not respectful of my time or schedule. I said once more no and again that I'd be interested in an alternative if possible. She also failed to mention the formal job description after I asked twice via email.

She emailed me back about 4 days later saying the final interview process was meeting the VP of recruitment and the CEO and asked if "I was serious about pursuing this opportunity." I asked again for a job description and what would be required in terms of meeting them. (IE do they expect me to go to NY? Because that's insane.) She sent back a link on the website with a job description, which, I had seen but didn't really answer what I had asked.

Finally, I just politely emailed her that this was not the environment for me.

To me, it seems like Bluewolf is all about money. I get the impression they'll hire almost anyone they can and if they make the company money, great. If not, they'll just fire them. I didn't get the sense that they care much about their employees unless they're making them a ton of money.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Bluewolf

Worked for Bluewolf? Contribute to the Community!

Bluewolf Videos

Bluewolf – Why Work for Us?

Companies are missing or mishandling up to 80 percent of customer engagement moments. As the first global business consulting firm born in the cloud, Bluewolf has the expertise to partner with companies to rapidly… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Bluewolf Tech Recruiter interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Bluewolf employees and interview candidates.