BoardVantage Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Mar 17, 2014
3 interviews

3.7

Lead Security Engineer Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at BoardVantage in February 2014.

Be warned - this may be called a Lead Security Engineer, but you will not be leading anyone. The company does not have a CISO, or anyone at the C level for promoting Information Security. Hence this role is the scapegoat for when it hits the fan - and it will at some point considering the platform and lack of attention to minimizing risk. There is no management role in this, though they are calling it a 'lead' and you could be mentoring some other folks - but no management role, or the salary that goes with it.

So all the direct applications received the generic "thanks, but no" emails last week - and now the headhunter bodyshops are combing the online resumes looking for candidates. As if those in the InfoSec community do not talk with each other.

Interview Questions
    • Asked questions that I was bound by NDA; then accused me of not really knowing the answer.   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Menlo Park, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

I interviewed in-person - interviewed at BoardVantage.

usually 3 rounds interview HR, telephonic and on site interview and on site interview usually takes 2 or 3 hours.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Menlo Park, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at BoardVantage in August 2011.

This was a couple of years ago.
    So, i was interview with technical panel.
    Interview went for around 3 hours.
    1. what is singleton
    2. what is jdbc
    3. any collections you are acquianted with other than arraylist for list?
    4. what is DAO
    5. construct a bst

Interview Questions
    The negotiation was with the CTO . He offered me a pay package, which was very generous. The Director also had a discussion with me regarding the pay package. And we negotiated the amount. This was in accordance with the rest of the companies in menlo park. There was no HR at the time, so the CTO was kind enough to provide the compensation.

Interviews for Top Jobs at BoardVantage

Worked for BoardVantage? Contribute to the Community!