Boart Longyear Interview Questions

Updated Jul 16, 2015

2.9

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I interviewed at Boart Longyear (Salt Lake City, UT) in June 2013.

Interview

The top guys/gal running IT know little to nothing about IT (they got promoted into their positions when they fired the CIO and others). They are poker players so watch what you say.

Not the copmany I wanted to work for.

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boart Longyear (Salt Lake City, UT) in May 2012.

Interview

Turned onto the company by a third-party recruiting organization. I had two phone interviews and one face-to-face. The phone interviews were one-on-one and lasted about an hour each. During the face-to-face interviews I met with six current employees and one consultant. They were made up of four team members, the director and the CIO. Lots of detailed questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiation was quick and easy. Great offer and more than I expected.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Boart Longyear (Salt Lake City, UT) in April 2012.

Interview

Phone interview and two face to face

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Easy since I worked through a recruiter who got me more money.

Global Supply Chain & Warehousing Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Boart Longyear (Salt Lake City, UT) in March 2012.

Interview

Working through a recruiter, I began with a phone interview with the recruiter. That phone interview was followed by two more phone interviews, one with the VP of Central Materials (hiring manager) and the other with the Director of Supply Chain HR. I was invited to travel to corporate HQ to interview with multiple people, including the VP Central Materials, Director Supply Chain HR, the CEO, the SVP of Supply Chain and SVP of HR. The interviews were positive, but everything went quiet. After stringing my along almost two months, they finally admitted the open position had been withdrawn and they decided not to fill the opening this year.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my ability to be demanding, including yelling at other workers when necessary, explaining that was sometimes required when working with people from other cultures.   1 Answer

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Boart Longyear (Salt Lake City, UT) in July 2011.

Interview

Standard interview process. Very informal. Some interviewers were very structured. Others were more conversational. A lot of questions surrounding ability to work/manage resources around the globe. A few of the Executives were pretty full of themselves.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There did not seem to be a lot of room for negotiation

Accounts Payable Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Boart Longyear (Salt Lake City, UT) in June 2011.

Interview

Easy, to the point. the actual interview lasted about 30 minutes. brought resume, Not hard at all. Dressed in appropriate attire, manager was professional. left feeling pretty good and confident. entry level position

Interview Questions

Negotiation

just took offer

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Boart Longyear (Salt Lake City, UT) in November 2010.

Interview

When an opening arises, BLY requires an application to be filled out. Many of our candidates come through recruiting firms. It may or may not be helpful to know someone on the team before the interview process begins. Most of the questions will probe for your prior experience with the systems you will be supporting, and your technical and functional knowledge. You will be interviewed by the hiring managers and also the peers on the team you will be working with. They will assess your technical abilities, fit, attitude and ability to communicate.

Interview Questions

• How would you go about solving this or that problem, or how have you solved it in the past?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Brief. I was able to negotiate based on knowledge of consulting rates and salaries in the industry and area.

Technical Services Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Boart Longyear (Salt Lake City, UT) in May 2010.

Interview

Multiple and length interviews

Interview Questions

• How would you climb Mt. Everest?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Fairly cut and dried, Offer, accepted, went to work

Manufacturing Engineer - Sourcing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Boart Longyear (Salt Lake City, UT) in October 2009.

Interview

Received an invitation for a pre-screen phone interview with the HR Manager. Standard behavioral based questions about your career. This then setup a phone interview with the hiring manager. Received and email from an HR Associate setting up the date and time and who with. The time came around and noone called me. I sent an email and made a phone call to the person in HR but didn't hear anything. Then, I sent an email to the person that I would be interviewing with. Next day, I received a response and was told that I was suppose to be interviewing with another hiring manager. I finally setup another phone interview and proceeded with it. I waited for probably 15 minutes after the time they were suppose to call me and call the HR Associate to let them know that noone had called me again. Within 5 minutes, I was on the phone with the hiring manager. By this, I wasn't very impressed with the people that I was corresponding with. They were looking for someone with an extensive technical background in design more than manufacturing. The were really looking for someone that could interpret the designs to the supplier.

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Boart Longyear (Salt Lake City, UT) in January 2009.

Interview

Recruited by third party head hunter. Very aggressive, no non-sense approach. Had two phone interviews...recruiter and Hiring Manager. Had one full day of face to face interviews and received offer. Very positive experience. Not a lot of structure around the interviews. Each interviewer did their own style...most of it behavioral based.

Interview Questions

• A lot of questions arouny my ability to connect with the field and work wtih the effectively navigate on a global basis due to the significant number of countries involved.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was told by the recruiter that they don't negotiate...they put their best offer forward up front. I negotiated some vacation time, but that was it.