Bob Evans Assistant Manager Interview Questions

Updated Jun 4, 2015

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Dayton, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Bob Evans (North Dayton, OH) in September 2014.

Interview

I drove down to Dayton for the interview which is about an hour drive for me. I met with a hiring manager and had a one on one interview. The interview itself lasted about an hour or so. I thought everything went well. But I was mistaken, I called back to find out that I did not get the job.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Bob Evans

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Bob Evans.

Interview

Three step process. No hard questions. Just talk and have a good personality. Asked about my experience. One of the area managers went on and on about how wealthy the company was and you should act really impressed. They will talk you up about knowing how to run labor, which should have been a red flag, since "Managing" usually meant the dishwasher called out and you're stuck for 8 hours in the tank.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Bob Evans?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They threw me the number I suggested.

Anonymous Employee in Saginaw, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bob Evans (Saginaw, MI).

Interview

There is a 3 phase interview process with 3 different Managers at 3 different times. Many behavior based interview questions.

Interview Questions

• They asked what my biggest failure was and how I got threw it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was unable to negotiate because I wanted the job.

Assistant Manager Interview

Interview

2 interview process. I had one interview then came in for a second time where I got a tour of the restaurant, then I had one more phone interview. And a few days later I was offered the job

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the most difficult time you had with a guest and how did you resolve it.   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Bob Evans.

Interview

Generally you must be a shift leader. Your general manager and you must talk to your area director. You than get set up with a regional staffing director and they will interview you. If you are willing to move or go where ever you will get promoted faster.

Interview Questions

• What is the most essential thing for our businesss?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bob Evans (Indianapolis, IN) in November 2012.

Interview

Had a real good interview on the phone,and got sep up with an interview with the district manager the following week.The corespondence thru emails was excellent and personal.I had second interview with D M and met him at a hotel....For over an hour....very good interview..and was then to progress to an observation,at the store,,and meet with the gm This was dome the next week,,,,and has to be done on a sat or sunday,,,,,I met the gm on a sunday,,around 2pm.ffrom the first,,, or about an hour......and took also,,a tour of the store..I got 2 days later,,a reply from the recruiter,saying I had done well..and waiting in dm,for final answer..and offer....Thru many emails to recruiter,,she said,,,dm was interviewing,,,and no word had been made.....then I got a email..sayimg i been put on hold,,,,,,,SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO,,,rude,,,,,after all these good interviews,,,,,,a poor written email.very impersonal..and all this time wastedthinking I had got job,,,,,and didnt get offer,,,but poor written email,,,saying,,,,i been put on hold,,,,check back at a later date for openings +

Interview Questions

• no hard questions,,dm asked new questions not from intial recruiter   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Bob Evans (Ann Arbor, MI) in November 2012.

Interview

Phone interview followed by in person interview. The interview was not particularly difficult, with a little research you should be able to show that you want the job. The interviewing manager was very polite and kind, and the only negative would be that i did not feel that the right expectations were set in regard to the job duties.

Interview Questions

• How does your work experience relate to managing a restaurant?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bob Evans (Cleveland, OH) in July 2010.

Interview

I sent my resume in got a phone call they asked if i would like to interview sent me a email with all the information about the M.I.T program. I had 3 interviews one with the area coach 1on1 and number 2 with the area director 1on 1 and 3 was my store day with a GM. A day later i got the call with a offer of 34,000 plus that is the max they can pay in the clevland area.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when something did not go the way it was suppose to go   Answer Question

Negotiation

learn about the company and be your self

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bob Evans in June 2009.

Interview

It started from an email asking me to call them and request an interview. I did so. From that I met with a regional staffing manager. That manager was a nice person, and asked many questions pertaining to areas outside the restaurant industry. If that interview went well, one would interview with the area coach. I then met with the area coach and had another long interview. After that the candidate meets with a general manager and then with the area coach again. It is a longer process, the people seemed friendly and really enjoyed their jobs, it would have been good to work there.

Anonymous Employee in Akron, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bob Evans (Akron, OH) in January 2008.

Interview

very simple, basic questions, 2 interviews and a walk through that i ended up cooking for 30 minutes