Bob Evans Assistant Manager Interview Questions

Updated May 12, 2014

2.7

17 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Bob Evans.

Three step process. No hard questions. Just talk and have a good personality. Asked about my experience. One of the area managers went on and on about how wealthy the company was and you should act really impressed. They will talk you up about knowing how to run labor, which should have been a red flag, since "Managing" usually meant the dishwasher called out and you're stuck for 8 hours in the tank.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want to work for Bob Evans?   View Answer
They threw me the number I suggested.

Other Interview Reviews for Bob Evans

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Saginaw, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saginaw, MI

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Bob Evans.

There is a 3 phase interview process with 3 different Managers at 3 different times. Many behavior based interview questions.

Interview Questions
    • They asked what my biggest failure was and how I got threw it.   Answer Question
    I was unable to negotiate because I wanted the job.

Assistant Manager Interview

2 interview process. I had one interview then came in for a second time where I got a tour of the restaurant, then I had one more phone interview. And a few days later I was offered the job

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about the most difficult time you had with a guest and how did you resolve it.   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Bob Evans.

Generally you must be a shift leader. Your general manager and you must talk to your area director. You than get set up with a regional staffing director and they will interview you. If you are willing to move or go where ever you will get promoted faster.

Interview Questions
    • What is the most essential thing for our businesss?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Indianapolis, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Bob Evans in November 2012.

Had a real good interview on the phone,and got sep up with an interview with the district manager the following week.The corespondence thru emails was excellent and personal.I had second interview with D M and met him at a hotel....For over an hour....very good interview..and was then to progress to an observation,at the store,,and meet with the gm This was dome the next week,,,,and has to be done on a sat or sunday,,,,,I met the gm on a sunday,,around 2pm.ffrom the first,,, or about an hour......and took also,,a tour of the store..I got 2 days later,,a reply from the recruiter,saying I had done well..and waiting in dm,for final answer..and offer....Thru many emails to recruiter,,she said,,,dm was interviewing,,,and no word had been made.....then I got a email..sayimg i been put on hold,,,,,,,SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO,,,rude,,,,,after all these good interviews,,,,,,a poor written email.very impersonal..and all this time wastedthinking I had got job,,,,,and didnt get offer,,,but poor written email,,,saying,,,,i been put on hold,,,,check back at a later date for openings

Interview Questions
    • no hard questions,,dm asked new questions not from intial recruiter   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cleveland, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Bob Evans in July 2010.

I sent my resume in got a phone call they asked if i would like to interview sent me a email with all the information about the M.I.T program. I had 3 interviews one with the area coach 1on1 and number 2 with the area director 1on 1 and 3 was my store day with a GM. A day later i got the call with a offer of 34,000 plus that is the max they can pay in the clevland area.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when something did not go the way it was suppose to go   Answer Question
    learn about the company and be your self

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bob Evans in June 2009.

It started from an email asking me to call them and request an interview. I did so. From that I met with a regional staffing manager. That manager was a nice person, and asked many questions pertaining to areas outside the restaurant industry. If that interview went well, one would interview with the area coach. I then met with the area coach and had another long interview. After that the candidate meets with a general manager and then with the area coach again. It is a longer process, the people seemed friendly and really enjoyed their jobs, it would have been good to work there.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Akron, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bob Evans in January 2008.

very simple, basic questions, 2 interviews and a walk through that i ended up cooking for 30 minutes

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Bob Evans in May 2012.

I applied on line and was then called for an interview. Because it didn't suit the recruiter I drove 1 hr. and 23 minutes to get to the interview destination. I arrived about 7 minutes early and waited in the lobby, the recruiter was late by about 10 minutes for my interview. The recruiter came out with the most stiff and unfriendly greeting I ever had. We then preceeded to a table in the main dining room, where there were customer's all around us. Very uncomfortable atmosphere for an interview. As soon as he preceeded to tell me all his wonderful qualifications and his territory he had to cover, I knew this wasn't going to be good. He had an atitude from the beginning, we did not have any business chemistry. Period. Questions: Have you applied to any other restaurants? (what is it to them?) Repeated questions that had the same meanings, then he as snotty as possible, would cut me off in the middle of several of my answers. This recruiter was one of the worse I have ever seen. Maybe he has been at the same job to long? I am experienced and have interview many many candidates in my career and my thought would be, it left a very poor opinion of working for Bob Evans in a management role. It they reflect the rudeness and arrogance that this recruiter portrayed. I knew when I left that interview that I would never work for this company.

Interview Questions
    • Have you applied for jobs at any other restaurants?   View Answer
    • Asked this question twice- Why do you want to work for Bob Evans?   View Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Bob Evans in November 2011.

talk to them in person, then the next day a tour of the store, and finally paper work.

Interview Questions

Worked for Bob Evans? Contribute to the Community!