Bob Evans

4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Grill Cook Interview

Grill Cook
Marysville, OH

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Bob Evans in August 2009.

Interview Details – I applied at the store on a very simple application sheet. The next day I received a phone call telling me the time of the interview. The interview consisted of situational questions and was a little awkward because women wasn't very conversational. But she scheduled me for the second interview for a couple days later. I went there and probably waited a half hour longer than normal because the interviewer didn't show up. But a really nice lady ended up interviewing me about the similar questions and made it very comfortable and relaxed. I was told that I would receive a call on an exact date but never received one. Over all I liked the experience but I was never offered a job. I was told by a current employee that I probably would have got it if I called myself....but unfortunately I never called :(

Interview Question – Explain a situation where you had to overcome a difficult situation, and how you overcame it and what you learned from it.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Manager
Columbus, OH

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Bob Evans in July 2010.

Interview Details – I was interviewed by an outside recruiter, on another day by a company recruiter, another time by a store manager, had a store visit, then a final interview with an area director.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when things didn't go as planned by your former management or yourself while managing?   Answer Question
  • Describe a time when you had to handle an especially difficult employee?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Shoot high Bob Evans is a stable and profitable company

Assistant General Manager Interview

Assistant General Manager
Columbus, OH

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bob Evans in August 2011.

Interview Details – Apply online, with a little experience or definitely a degree. you will get an interview.

Interview Question – They asked me a few times about loyalty and staying at a job for a while and not moving around.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – there really wasnt they just said this is our base salary for managers in training. I asked why and they said that there was a pay scale.

Very Easy Interview

Server Interview

Server
Grove City, OH

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Bob Evans in October 2008.

Interview Details – To obtain an interview you must follow up your application up with at least a phone call and speak with a manager. Once they have accepted your application they will set up an interview. They pay more attention to your appearance than you would expect for a restaurant, they look at how well you are groomed, even down to your finger nails. They want to know what makes you a better candidate than anyone else and they want to make sure that their customers will be taken care of.

Interview Question – If you could be a color what would it be?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiating a serving position. Their raises are hard to come by even for people who have been employed for years. They give you a base salary and believe that as your serving improves so will your tips.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Bob Evans? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Bob Evans interview questions and advice in Columbus, OH. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by Bob Evans employees and interview candidates.