Bob Evans Interview Questions in Columbus, OH

Updated Jun 19, 2015

2.0

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Powell, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Bob Evans (Powell, OH) in May 2014.

Interview

There were two preliminary interviews before the "actual" interview just to see what exactly I was interesting in doing and when. In the real interview I was asked to sell my phone because the lady who interviewed me said serving was all about being able to sell things to customers (it's not for the most part). I am very knowledgable about my phone but for some reason I froze up and it didn't go great. She liked me overall but I basically failed the selling part but I still got an offer as an expo and eventually became a server so it wasn't a big deal.

Interview Questions

• Tell me why I should buy your phone?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Circleville, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bob Evans (Circleville, OH) in January 2011.

Interview

Very simple. I called a few times to talk with managers and set up an interview. Went in for a very short interview, and started a few days later. Had to go in for orientation/paperwork. Did computer training and was on the floor serving in no time.

Interview Questions

• Do you have reliable transportation?   1 Answer
    • Do you have experience serving?   1 Answer

Assistant General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bob Evans (Columbus, OH) in August 2011.

Interview

Apply online, with a little experience or definitely a degree. you will get an interview.

Interview Questions

• They asked me a few times about loyalty and staying at a job for a while and not moving around.   1 Answer

Negotiation

there really wasnt they just said this is our base salary for managers in training. I asked why and they said that there was a pay scale.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grove City, OH

Application

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Bob Evans (Grove City, OH) in October 2008.

Interview

To obtain an interview you must follow up your application up with at least a phone call and speak with a manager. Once they have accepted your application they will set up an interview. They pay more attention to your appearance than you would expect for a restaurant, they look at how well you are groomed, even down to your finger nails. They want to know what makes you a better candidate than anyone else and they want to make sure that their customers will be taken care of.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There is no negotiating a serving position. Their raises are hard to come by even for people who have been employed for years. They give you a base salary and believe that as your serving improves so will your tips.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Bob Evans (Columbus, OH) in July 2010.

Interview

I was interviewed by an outside recruiter, on another day by a company recruiter, another time by a store manager, had a store visit, then a final interview with an area director.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when things didn't go as planned by your former management or yourself while managing?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you had to handle an especially difficult employee?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Shoot high Bob Evans is a stable and profitable company

Grill Cook Interview

Anonymous Employee in Marysville, OH

Application

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Bob Evans (Marysville, OH) in August 2009.

Interview

I applied at the store on a very simple application sheet. The next day I received a phone call telling me the time of the interview. The interview consisted of situational questions and was a little awkward because women wasn't very conversational. But she scheduled me for the second interview for a couple days later. I went there and probably waited a half hour longer than normal because the interviewer didn't show up. But a really nice lady ended up interviewing me about the similar questions and made it very comfortable and relaxed. I was told that I would receive a call on an exact date but never received one. Over all I liked the experience but I was never offered a job. I was told by a current employee that I probably would have got it if I called myself....but unfortunately I never called :(

Interview Questions

• Explain a situation where you had to overcome a difficult situation, and how you overcame it and what you learned from it.   Answer Question