Bob Evans Hostess Interview Questions

Updated Jun 4, 2015

2.0

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Port Richey, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Bob Evans (New Port Richey, FL) in August 2011.

Interview

I found out that Bob Evans was hiring from Indeed.com and then that Friday I walked in and asked for an application. Then I gave the application to one of the managers, and a couple hours later I got a call for an interview for the following Wednesday. That interview was a 2 on 1 interview with an Assistant Manager and an Assistant Manager in training. They asked 5 EASY questions ...#1. What is my availability? ...#2. Do I work well in a team? ...#3. Do I have reliable transportation? ...#4. What do I know about Bob Evans? ...#5. Will I be comfortable with their uniform?
They both enjoyed my interview..we were aughing ALOT of the time, then they told me to expect a call for the second interview. The next day I was called for the second interview on the Saturday with the General Manager. When I got there the manager was sooooo smiley and more happy to see me than anything. She said she had no questions for me because she knew that she wanted me for the job because she was watching me during the first interview. She asked me if I had any questions and I asked about the uniform..and then she hired me..I wont fill out any paper work until my first day! I'm so excited this is my FIRST job :)))))

Interview Questions

• What is my availability?   1 Answer
  • Do I work well in a team?   1 Answer
  • Do I have reliable transportation?   1 Answer
  • What do I know about Bob Evans?   1 Answer
  • Will I be comfortable with their uniform?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Bob Evans

Anonymous Employee in Mount Laurel, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bob Evans (Mount Laurel, NJ) in November 2011.

Interview

Applied online and contacted the next day by a manager at the restaurant. A few days later, when I came in for the 1st interview, I waited almost 20 mins and it wasn't even busy. I met with one of the assistant managers at the restaurant, Liz. Was asked several basic questions. Interview lasted about 10 mins. Was told that she will move me on for a second interview with another assistant manager.

When I came in for the 2nd interview, the person I was suppose to meet with didn't even know she was suppose to meet with me. She even came up to me and asked "who I was." I told her I was scheduled to meet with her after my 1st interview. Apparently, the 1st interview never passed the message on. Then she couldn't even find my application. When she walked back to go look for it, she stopped to talk to a customer/friend of hers for nearly 25 mins as I sat and waited! Then she went into her office for another 10 mins and came out and said that someone else will be meeting with me. We had about a 10 min conversation/interview and was told there will be a 3rd interview with the General Manager. Never heard from them again. I didn't even bother to call them b/c of the experience I had coming in a 2nd time. There seems to be bad management at this restaurant.

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bob Evans in April 2014.

Interview

Filled out application, got a call the next day, met with two managers, got the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Bob Evans in September 2013.

Interview

I went in to pick up an application. I was asked to fill it out in store and was given an interview time right on the spot. When I cam in for my interview they asked me a series of scenario questions and then about times when I had expressed leadership, and other such things. I was then asked what I knew about the company.

Interview Questions

• How have you handled disagreements with your management staff in the past?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Bob Evans (Wilmington, OH) in September 2013.

Interview

The manager did cuss during the interview. She was very very unprofessional. She was showing her tattoos, one on her lower back. She also was showing her cleavage through a broken button.

Interview Questions

• Why I wanted to work there?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kentwood, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bob Evans (Kentwood, MI) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview process took about 1 1/2 weeks. I went through 3 different interviews to ensure I was right for the position. First, two interviews was with assistant managers that asked the basic questions and breaking the ice. Second interview they let me talk to a hostess so I could know more about the position I was applying for.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bob Evans (Indianapolis, IN) in May 2013.

Interview

I walked in and filled out an application. The GM there said he would set up an interview for me that weekend. I came in for my interview and none of the managers were informed or prepared for an interview that day. On top of that, one of the managers told me they lost my application paper. Overall the interview was pretty easy, two managers interviewed me that day and they asked my availability after the end of the interview.

Interview Questions

• What kind of activities are you involved in at highs school?   1 Answer

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Bob Evans.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted a couple of weeks later. I had an initial interview and then was scheduled for a second interview with the general manager. I was offered a position and had to fill out paperwork.

Interview Questions

• The interview process was pretty simple. There weren't any unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Bob Evans in April 2014.

Interview

Applied online. Got called in for an interview. Talked for a bit. Got asked to come back in 45 minutes in the proper Bob Evans uniform. (I later learned that this particular ASM was a bit silly.) Got the job.

Interview Questions

• Do you like challenges? If you do, come back in 45 minutes in the proper uniform and the job's yours.   1 Answer

Negotiation

"You start at $8 hourly."
    "Oh."

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenfield, IN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Bob Evans (Greenfield, IN) in August 2011.

Interview

I picked up an application, went home and filled it out. Came back that same day asked to see the manager. He asked a few questions on the spot then scheduled an interview with a higher manager. I went to that interview I was again asked a few questions and hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• What was a stressful moment you have had and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question