Bob Evans

78 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Hostess Interview

Hostess

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Bob Evans in April 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online. Got called in for an interview. Talked for a bit. Got asked to come back in 45 minutes in the proper Bob Evans uniform. (I later learned that this particular ASM was a bit silly.) Got the job.

Interview Question – Do you like challenges? If you do, come back in 45 minutes in the proper uniform and the job's yours.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – "You start at $8 hourly."
"Oh."

Dishtank Operator Interview

Dishtank Operator

Interviewed at Bob Evans

Interview Details – After filling out my online application, they called me a week later and set up an interview. At this interview, very basic information was discussed, like my availability and reliable transportation, past experience ect, just very basic yet important information. I was then called for a second interview. These had the tougher questions and a review of the first interview. I was told at the interview that the manager would be making the decision on a specific date. I did not get called on that date. So, instead, I called back about three times over the next few days asking if the position had been filled. I could NOT get a clear answer from anybody. But eventually a few more days passed, and I was offered the job. So yay, poor management at the time made this tedious and annoying to get the damn job, but I got it.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

General Manager Interview

General Manager
Buffalo, NY

I applied online - interviewed at Bob Evans in September 2010.

Interview Details – Two Interview process, everyone hired as MIT, followed by a restaurant walk through if the candidate is qualified so that the manager can evaluate whether the candidate is a good fit.

Interview Question – Describe a situation when you had to do something you didn't want to do.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was none

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Host Interview

Host

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Bob Evans in February 2014.

Interview Details – I sent in an online application and they got back to me in a few days. That day they set up an interview during their slow hours so 7am-9am or 2pm-4pm depending on the place. I had one interview with the shift manager then a second one with the assistant general manger.

Interview Question – A thing that you have done that you are proud? or Do you know how to clean bathrooms?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There wasn't really one, it's an entry level job you take what they give you.

Kitchen Preparation Interview

Kitchen Preparation
Jacksonville, FL

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Bob Evans in May 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online and called to set up interview a week later. Showed up at day and time scheduled for interview, lower level manager came out surprised saying they had no interviews scheduled that day and that all the managers were busy conducting a managerial meeting. I inquired about if the mgr who called and set up the interview could come out and confirm but this mgr said that was not possible as they were busy in the meeting...mind you it was 2pm and only one occupied table. At the very least they should have had my name, phone number, as well as my filled out application information but manager claimed they never heard of me. Asked for my name and phone number and said they would call, of course never received call. Basically I drove 30 minutes to give them my phone number which they already had considering they called me to schedule for interview 7 days previous. Very unprofessional and disorganized business...I complained to Bob Evans Corp but was ignored.

Interview Question – Can I have your phone number?   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Bob Evans.

Interview Details – Three step process. No hard questions. Just talk and have a good personality. Asked about my experience. One of the area managers went on and on about how wealthy the company was and you should act really impressed. They will talk you up about knowing how to run labor, which should have been a red flag, since "Managing" usually meant the dishwasher called out and you're stuck for 8 hours in the tank.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for Bob Evans?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They threw me the number I suggested.

Hostess Interview

Hostess

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Bob Evans in April 2014.

Interview Details – Filled out application, got a call the next day, met with two managers, got the job.

Interview Question – the questions were basic and easy   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Server Interview

Server
Cincinnati, OH

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bob Evans in February 2013.

Interview Details – If you can hold a conversation/know someone at that store, you're in.

Interview Question – What makes you think you'd be a good server?   View Answer

Grill Cook Interview

Grill Cook
Chambersburg, PA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Bob Evans in March 2011.

Interview Details – The Hiring Process consists of an assistant manager conducting a first interview. And then your second interview would consist of the General Manager conducting an interview.

Interview Question – Very simple standard questions nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager
Saginaw, MI

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Bob Evans.

Interview Details – There is a 3 phase interview process with 3 different Managers at 3 different times. Many behavior based interview questions.

Interview Question – They asked what my biggest failure was and how I got threw it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was unable to negotiate because I wanted the job.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Bob Evans

Worked for Bob Evans? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Bob Evans interview questions and advice. All 78 interview reviews posted anonymously by Bob Evans employees and interview candidates.