Bob Evans

Updated Dec 4, 2014
Updated Dec 4, 2014

2.1

Server Interview

I applied in person and was interviewed a week later. The process was quite friendly, and I would recommend it to any other person seeking quick work. The people are friendly and who doesn't want to smell the bacon every morning

work for tips

Hostess/Counter Carryout Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Towson, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Towson, MD

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bob Evans.

Interview process was okay, had to interview with 3 different managers within a weeks time frame, rate of pay wasn't really negotiable . managers at the time were all pretty friendly. took about two days or so before I heard something back. it's all too far back to really remember.

Interview Questions
    • selling something to the interviewing manager on the spot to display suggestive selling skills   Answer Question

Dishtank Operator Interview

After filling out my online application, they called me a week later and set up an interview. At this interview, very basic information was discussed, like my availability and reliable transportation, past experience ect, just very basic yet important information. I was then called for a second interview. These had the tougher questions and a review of the first interview. I was told at the interview that the manager would be making the decision on a specific date. I did not get called on that date. So, instead, I called back about three times over the next few days asking if the position had been filled. I could NOT get a clear answer from anybody. But eventually a few more days passed, and I was offered the job. So yay, poor management at the time made this tedious and annoying to get the damn job, but I got it.

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Bob Evans.

Three step process. No hard questions. Just talk and have a good personality. Asked about my experience. One of the area managers went on and on about how wealthy the company was and you should act really impressed. They will talk you up about knowing how to run labor, which should have been a red flag, since "Managing" usually meant the dishwasher called out and you're stuck for 8 hours in the tank.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for Bob Evans?   View Answer
    They threw me the number I suggested.

Kitchen Preparation Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bob Evans in May 2014.

Applied online and called to set up interview a week later. Showed up at day and time scheduled for interview, lower level manager came out surprised saying they had no interviews scheduled that day and that all the managers were busy conducting a managerial meeting. I inquired about if the mgr who called and set up the interview could come out and confirm but this mgr said that was not possible as they were busy in the meeting...mind you it was 2pm and only one occupied table. At the very least they should have had my name, phone number, as well as my filled out application information but manager claimed they never heard of me. Asked for my name and phone number and said they would call, of course never received call. Basically I drove 30 minutes to give them my phone number which they already had considering they called me to schedule for interview 7 days previous. Very unprofessional and disorganized business...I complained to Bob Evans Corp but was ignored.

Hostess Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bob Evans in April 2014.

Applied online. Got called in for an interview. Talked for a bit. Got asked to come back in 45 minutes in the proper Bob Evans uniform. (I later learned that this particular ASM was a bit silly.) Got the job.

Interview Questions
    • Do you like challenges? If you do, come back in 45 minutes in the proper uniform and the job's yours.   View Answer
    "You start at $8 hourly."
    "Oh."

Hostess Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bob Evans in April 2014.

Filled out application, got a call the next day, met with two managers, got the job.

no negotiation

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saginaw, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saginaw, MI

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Bob Evans.

There is a 3 phase interview process with 3 different Managers at 3 different times. Many behavior based interview questions.

Interview Questions
    • They asked what my biggest failure was and how I got threw it.   Answer Question
    I was unable to negotiate because I wanted the job.

Server Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bob Evans.

2 very quick interviews. The questions are very basic, if you carry yourself with a sense of professionalism you have a good chance at the position. I had no restaurant experience, but showed a willingness to learn.

Interview Questions
    • Really nothing crazy. It was more of a conversation to understand your personality   Answer Question
    Really was none. Minimum wage position.

Server Interview

They were very nice and helped me to realize that they would be a great company to work for.