Bob Evans Interview Questions

Updated Jun 29, 2015

2.1

Waitress Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miamisburg, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Bob Evans (Miamisburg, OH) in November 2014.

Interview

They were very thorough, wanted to see if I was the right fit. They made sure that they were not wasting your time or theirs. They wanted to see if I would be a good fit with the other employees, wanted to see if I was outgoing and friendly. They truly knew what they were doing. They were professional. Even asked if I wanted a drink. They were showing me the hospitality side very early on. I am happy I got the chance at Bob Evan's.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Dayton, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Bob Evans (North Dayton, OH) in September 2014.

Interview

I drove down to Dayton for the interview which is about an hour drive for me. I met with a hiring manager and had a one on one interview. The interview itself lasted about an hour or so. I thought everything went well. But I was mistaken, I called back to find out that I did not get the job.

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Bob Evans in September 2014.

Interview

I had filled out an app online & almost 30 minutes later, I had gotten a call from the assistant manager asking for an interview 2 days later. The assistant manager was really nice, as were the employees, and the interview was easy, especially since I had been to that Bob Evans several times before. She liked me & hired me on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here, Tell me about your past work experience, etc.   Answer Question

Hostess/Counter Carryout Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Towson, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bob Evans (Towson, MD).

Interview

Interview process was okay, had to interview with 3 different managers within a weeks time frame, rate of pay wasn't really negotiable . managers at the time were all pretty friendly. took about two days or so before I heard something back. it's all too far back to really remember.

Interview Questions

• selling something to the interviewing manager on the spot to display suggestive selling skills   Answer Question

Dishtank Operator Interview

Interview

After filling out my online application, they called me a week later and set up an interview. At this interview, very basic information was discussed, like my availability and reliable transportation, past experience ect, just very basic yet important information. I was then called for a second interview. These had the tougher questions and a review of the first interview. I was told at the interview that the manager would be making the decision on a specific date. I did not get called on that date. So, instead, I called back about three times over the next few days asking if the position had been filled. I could NOT get a clear answer from anybody. But eventually a few more days passed, and I was offered the job. So yay, poor management at the time made this tedious and annoying to get the damn job, but I got it.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Bob Evans.

Interview

Three step process. No hard questions. Just talk and have a good personality. Asked about my experience. One of the area managers went on and on about how wealthy the company was and you should act really impressed. They will talk you up about knowing how to run labor, which should have been a red flag, since "Managing" usually meant the dishwasher called out and you're stuck for 8 hours in the tank.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Bob Evans?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They threw me the number I suggested.

Kitchen Preparation Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bob Evans (Jacksonville, FL) in May 2014.

Interview

Applied online and called to set up interview a week later. Showed up at day and time scheduled for interview, lower level manager came out surprised saying they had no interviews scheduled that day and that all the managers were busy conducting a managerial meeting. I inquired about if the mgr who called and set up the interview could come out and confirm but this mgr said that was not possible as they were busy in the meeting...mind you it was 2pm and only one occupied table. At the very least they should have had my name, phone number, as well as my filled out application information but manager claimed they never heard of me. Asked for my name and phone number and said they would call, of course never received call. Basically I drove 30 minutes to give them my phone number which they already had considering they called me to schedule for interview 7 days previous. Very unprofessional and disorganized business...I complained to Bob Evans Corp but was ignored.

Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Powell, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Bob Evans (Powell, OH) in May 2014.

Interview

There were two preliminary interviews before the "actual" interview just to see what exactly I was interesting in doing and when. In the real interview I was asked to sell my phone because the lady who interviewed me said serving was all about being able to sell things to customers (it's not for the most part). I am very knowledgable about my phone but for some reason I froze up and it didn't go great. She liked me overall but I basically failed the selling part but I still got an offer as an expo and eventually became a server so it wasn't a big deal.

Interview Questions

• Tell me why I should buy your phone?   1 Answer

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Bob Evans in April 2014.

Interview

Applied online. Got called in for an interview. Talked for a bit. Got asked to come back in 45 minutes in the proper Bob Evans uniform. (I later learned that this particular ASM was a bit silly.) Got the job.

Interview Questions

• Do you like challenges? If you do, come back in 45 minutes in the proper uniform and the job's yours.   1 Answer

Negotiation

"You start at $8 hourly."
    "Oh."

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bob Evans in April 2014.

Interview

Filled out application, got a call the next day, met with two managers, got the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation