Bob Evans

Updated Dec 4, 2014
Updated Dec 4, 2014

2.1

Server Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Bob Evans.

Casual

Interview Questions
    • Name a situation when you dealt with an irrate customer.   Answer Question

Server Interview

you will be told at the end of interview if you have the job

Dish Washer Interview

Got called in for an interview. Lasted about 5 minutes as he asked me more questions about my personal life. Saw about 3 other people lined up for interviews. Did not get called again.

Host Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Bob Evans in February 2014.

I sent in an online application and they got back to me in a few days. That day they set up an interview during their slow hours so 7am-9am or 2pm-4pm depending on the place. I had one interview with the shift manager then a second one with the assistant general manger.

Interview Questions
    • A thing that you have done that you are proud? or Do you know how to clean bathrooms?   View Answer
    There wasn't really one, it's an entry level job you take what they give you.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bowie, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bowie, MD

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bob Evans in February 2014.

I came in approximately 20 minutes early but was kept waiting for around 45 minutes before i was seen. The interview was brief and not thorough at all but they seemed like they wanted to hire me. They take you through a "trial" period of around 30 min-an hour where you work with the hostess on duty to be a hostess but the lady they stuck me with was clueless on training so they just left me to deal with customers. I had to seat people (they didn't even bother explaining the seating chart) and give out menus. I was polite but considering there wasn't really anything to do the hostess i was working with was just like "yeah we don't do much on slow days". We had a family come in and i seated them and asked if they wanted a booster seat for their kid and they said yes and when i went to ask where the booster seats are, the manager came back and told me i wasn't right for the job and that i could go home. Worst experience ever. Very unprofessional

Interview Questions
    • I didn't expect them to put me through a trial shift with no training or explanation on the job   Answer Question

Hostess Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Bob Evans.

Applied online and was contacted a couple of weeks later. I had an initial interview and then was scheduled for a second interview with the general manager. I was offered a position and had to fill out paperwork.

Interview Questions
    • The interview process was pretty simple. There weren't any unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

2 interview process. I had one interview then came in for a second time where I got a tour of the restaurant, then I had one more phone interview. And a few days later I was offered the job

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about the most difficult time you had with a guest and how did you resolve it.   Answer Question

Hostess Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Bob Evans in September 2013.

I went in to pick up an application. I was asked to fill it out in store and was given an interview time right on the spot. When I cam in for my interview they asked me a series of scenario questions and then about times when I had expressed leadership, and other such things. I was then asked what I knew about the company.

Interview Questions
    • How have you handled disagreements with your management staff in the past?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lansing, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lansing, MI

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bob Evans.

1:1 Basic Get to know you Interview, Face to Face

Server Interview

what is the most difficult challenge you faced