Bob Evans Interview Questions

Updated Jul 27, 2015

2.1

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Bob Evans in April 2014.

Interview

Applied online. Got called in for an interview. Talked for a bit. Got asked to come back in 45 minutes in the proper Bob Evans uniform. (I later learned that this particular ASM was a bit silly.) Got the job.

Interview Questions

• Do you like challenges? If you do, come back in 45 minutes in the proper uniform and the job's yours.   1 Answer

Negotiation

"You start at $8 hourly." "Oh."

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bob Evans in April 2014.

Interview

Filled out application, got a call the next day, met with two managers, got the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saginaw, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Bob Evans (Saginaw, MI).

Interview

There is a 3 phase interview process with 3 different Managers at 3 different times. Many behavior based interview questions.

Interview Questions

• They asked what my biggest failure was and how I got threw it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was unable to negotiate because I wanted the job.

Server Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bob Evans.

Interview

2 very quick interviews. The questions are very basic, if you carry yourself with a sense of professionalism you have a good chance at the position. I had no restaurant experience, but showed a willingness to learn.

Interview Questions

• Really nothing crazy. It was more of a conversation to understand your personality   Answer Question

Negotiation

Really was none. Minimum wage position.

Server Interview

Interview

They were very nice and helped me to realize that they would be a great company to work for.

Server Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Bob Evans.

Interview

Casual

Interview Questions

• Name a situation when you dealt with an irrate customer.   Answer Question

Server Interview

Interview

you will be told at the end of interview if you have the job

Dish Washer Interview

Interview

Got called in for an interview. Lasted about 5 minutes as he asked me more questions about my personal life. Saw about 3 other people lined up for interviews. Did not get called again.

Host Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Bob Evans in February 2014.

Interview

I sent in an online application and they got back to me in a few days. That day they set up an interview during their slow hours so 7am-9am or 2pm-4pm depending on the place. I had one interview with the shift manager then a second one with the assistant general manger.

Interview Questions

• A thing that you have done that you are proud? or Do you know how to clean bathrooms?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There wasn't really one, it's an entry level job you take what they give you.

Anonymous Employee in Bowie, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bob Evans (Bowie, MD) in February 2014.

Interview

I came in approximately 20 minutes early but was kept waiting for around 45 minutes before i was seen. The interview was brief and not thorough at all but they seemed like they wanted to hire me. They take you through a "trial" period of around 30 min-an hour where you work with the hostess on duty to be a hostess but the lady they stuck me with was clueless on training so they just left me to deal with customers. I had to seat people (they didn't even bother explaining the seating chart) and give out menus. I was polite but considering there wasn't really anything to do the hostess i was working with was just like "yeah we don't do much on slow days". We had a family come in and i seated them and asked if they wanted a booster seat for their kid and they said yes and when i went to ask where the booster seats are, the manager came back and told me i wasn't right for the job and that i could go home. Worst experience ever. Very unprofessional

Interview Questions

• I didn't expect them to put me through a trial shift with no training or explanation on the job   Answer Question