Bob Evans Interview Questions

Updated Apr 20, 2015

2.1

Dishwasher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Holland, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bob Evans (Holland, OH) in March 2013.

Interview

I filled out an application on a Tuesday morning, about a week later I was called in for an interview with the GM. It went really well we laughed alot and really got to know each others personalities. Basic interview process ex: Why do you want to work here, What makes you stand out from the crowd, etc. Given Second Interview which was basically the same and accepted job offer after interview concluded

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Non Negotiable

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Bob Evans.

Interview

Generally you must be a shift leader. Your general manager and you must talk to your area director. You than get set up with a regional staffing director and they will interview you. If you are willing to move or go where ever you will get promoted faster.

Interview Questions

• What is the most essential thing for our businesss?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leesburg, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bob Evans (Leesburg, FL) in February 2013.

Interview

I called and asked about an application and they were very friendly. She told me to come pick one up and gave me a very easy interview right there on the spot. I got the jib pretty quickly and quickly felt at home.

Interview Questions

• Me being 18, She asked why I wanted the job. I thought it was kind of a trick question and she wanted a certain answer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Yes, I could get any position I wanted

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bob Evans (Cincinnati, OH) in February 2013.

Interview

If you can hold a conversation/know someone at that store, you're in.

Interview Questions

• What makes you think you'd be a good server?   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Bob Evans (Indianapolis, IN) in November 2012.

Interview

Had a real good interview on the phone,and got sep up with an interview with the district manager the following week.The corespondence thru emails was excellent and personal.I had second interview with D M and met him at a hotel....For over an hour....very good interview..and was then to progress to an observation,at the store,,and meet with the gm This was dome the next week,,,,and has to be done on a sat or sunday,,,,,I met the gm on a sunday,,around 2pm.ffrom the first,,, or about an hour......and took also,,a tour of the store..I got 2 days later,,a reply from the recruiter,saying I had done well..and waiting in dm,for final answer..and offer....Thru many emails to recruiter,,she said,,,dm was interviewing,,,and no word had been made.....then I got a email..sayimg i been put on hold,,,,,,,SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO,,,rude,,,,,after all these good interviews,,,,,,a poor written email.very impersonal..and all this time wastedthinking I had got job,,,,,and didnt get offer,,,but poor written email,,,saying,,,,i been put on hold,,,,check back at a later date for openings

Interview Questions

• no hard questions,,dm asked new questions not from intial recruiter   Answer Question

Hostess/Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Boston, OH

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Bob Evans (New Boston, OH) in September 2012.

Interview

They called me in for an interview and now im waiting to hear back form them for my second interview.

Interview Questions

• When did you smiling make someone else's day?   1 Answer

Hostess/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lima, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bob Evans (Lima, OH) in July 2012.

Interview

I applied online then like a week later i got called for an interview. When
    i went to the interview he asked questions and hired me on the spot but normally you have two interviews.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bob Evans in March 2012.

Interview

I went to an open interview and was first asked to fill out paperwork. I was then interviews by the assistant manager and asked basic interview questions like "name a time you resolved an issue with a difficult person". About 10 minutes later I was interviewed by the general manager and essentially asked the same questions and given scenarios in the restaurant industry. I was hired immediately afterwards by the general manager.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Benton Harbor, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Bob Evans (Benton Harbor, MI) in March 2012.

Interview

It went very well and was thorough.

Grill Cook Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alliance, OH

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Bob Evans (Alliance, OH) in March 2012.

Interview

Went in, talk to management, got an interview, got a second interview with a manager with the hiring powers, and then started the next week.

Interview Questions

• Do you know how to run and maintain fryers and a grill?   1 Answer