Bob Evans

78 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Difficult Interview

Barboursville, WV

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Bob Evans in April 2009.

Interview Details – Spoke to the management team and showed them my application they then asked me a few questions about past employment and then they told me that I was hired if I wanted the position as a server.

Negotiation Details – Not much of one at all.

Very Easy Interview

Hostess Interview

Hostess
New Port Richey, FL

I applied in-person and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Bob Evans in August 2011.

Interview Details – I found out that Bob Evans was hiring from Indeed.com and then that Friday I walked in and asked for an application. Then I gave the application to one of the managers, and a couple hours later I got a call for an interview for the following Wednesday. That interview was a 2 on 1 interview with an Assistant Manager and an Assistant Manager in training. They asked 5 EASY questions ...#1. What is my availability? ...#2. Do I work well in a team? ...#3. Do I have reliable transportation? ...#4. What do I know about Bob Evans? ...#5. Will I be comfortable with their uniform?
They both enjoyed my interview..we were aughing ALOT of the time, then they told me to expect a call for the second interview. The next day I was called for the second interview on the Saturday with the General Manager. When I got there the manager was sooooo smiley and more happy to see me than anything. She said she had no questions for me because she knew that she wanted me for the job because she was watching me during the first interview. She asked me if I had any questions and I asked about the uniform..and then she hired me..I wont fill out any paper work until my first day! I'm so excited this is my FIRST job :)))))

Any Interview

Any
Wooster, OH

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Bob Evans in November 2010.

Interview Details – I had two interviews, the first was a 1 on 1 interview in which I stated my interest and verified my ability to work, and met one of the managers. From there I was taken through the kitchen to see what kind of job I would desire, as they were hiring all positions. The 2nd interview was more of a group interview, in which we finalized paperwork, etc.

Interview Question – Why would I like to work at Bob Evans?   Answer Question

Kitchen Prep Interview

Kitchen Prep
Morgantown, WV

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Bob Evans in January 2008.

Interview Details – Interview involved sitting in a booth at a Bob Evans restaurant with one of the managers, being asked about my past work experience.

Interview Question – Give me an example of a past situation where you had to work under stressful conditions.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Very little negotiations, mostly about scheduling, which was later ignored anyway. My advice: remember that you are interviewing them also, and look into the character of the manager. They are the ones who dictate your life on the job, so make sure they are decent people.

Very Easy Interview

Concord, NC

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Bob Evans in August 2010.

Interview Details – The interview went so wonderful, the manager was great asking good questions, and I done well in the interview, so well i got the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – dress nice, good eye contact, shake hands always be thankful

Manager Interview

Manager
Columbus, OH

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Bob Evans in July 2010.

Interview Details – I was interviewed by an outside recruiter, on another day by a company recruiter, another time by a store manager, had a store visit, then a final interview with an area director.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when things didn't go as planned by your former management or yourself while managing?   Answer Question
  • Describe a time when you had to handle an especially difficult employee?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Shoot high Bob Evans is a stable and profitable company

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager
Cleveland, OH

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Bob Evans in July 2010.

Interview Details – I sent my resume in got a phone call they asked if i would like to interview sent me a email with all the information about the M.I.T program. I had 3 interviews one with the area coach 1on1 and number 2 with the area director 1on 1 and 3 was my store day with a GM. A day later i got the call with a offer of 34,000 plus that is the max they can pay in the clevland area.

Interview Question – Name a time when something did not go the way it was suppose to go   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – learn about the company and be your self

Manager Interview

Manager
Morgantown, WV

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Bob Evans in July 2008.

Interview Details – sit down and discussed the goals and challenges and how to situational manage

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – short

Waldorf, MD

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Bob Evans in May 2009.

Interview Details – You sit down in the party section of the restaurant. You should dress the way you plan to be dressed if you get the job. The manager asks you when you are available to work as completed on your application and goes over it with you. They then ask you questions such as "Why should you be hired", "What achievements have you accomplished?", "What are three good traits about you?". After the first interview, you get a second interview with the store manager. You complete the rest of your paper work and you are finished. Training is completed on the computer in the back of the restaurant.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for us?   Answer Question

Grill Cook Interview

Grill Cook
Marysville, OH

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Bob Evans in August 2009.

Interview Details – I applied at the store on a very simple application sheet. The next day I received a phone call telling me the time of the interview. The interview consisted of situational questions and was a little awkward because women wasn't very conversational. But she scheduled me for the second interview for a couple days later. I went there and probably waited a half hour longer than normal because the interviewer didn't show up. But a really nice lady ended up interviewing me about the similar questions and made it very comfortable and relaxed. I was told that I would receive a call on an exact date but never received one. Over all I liked the experience but I was never offered a job. I was told by a current employee that I probably would have got it if I called myself....but unfortunately I never called :(

Interview Question – Explain a situation where you had to overcome a difficult situation, and how you overcame it and what you learned from it.   Answer Question