Bob Evans

71 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Manager Interview

Morgantown, WV

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Bob Evans in July 2008.

Interview Details – sit down and discussed the goals and challenges and how to situational manage

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – short

Waldorf, MD

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Bob Evans in May 2009.

Interview Details – You sit down in the party section of the restaurant. You should dress the way you plan to be dressed if you get the job. The manager asks you when you are available to work as completed on your application and goes over it with you. They then ask you questions such as "Why should you be hired", "What achievements have you accomplished?", "What are three good traits about you?". After the first interview, you get a second interview with the store manager. You complete the rest of your paper work and you are finished. Training is completed on the computer in the back of the restaurant.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for us?   Answer Question

Grill Cook Interview

Marysville, OH

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Bob Evans in August 2009.

Interview Details – I applied at the store on a very simple application sheet. The next day I received a phone call telling me the time of the interview. The interview consisted of situational questions and was a little awkward because women wasn't very conversational. But she scheduled me for the second interview for a couple days later. I went there and probably waited a half hour longer than normal because the interviewer didn't show up. But a really nice lady ended up interviewing me about the similar questions and made it very comfortable and relaxed. I was told that I would receive a call on an exact date but never received one. Over all I liked the experience but I was never offered a job. I was told by a current employee that I probably would have got it if I called myself....but unfortunately I never called :(

Interview Question – Explain a situation where you had to overcome a difficult situation, and how you overcame it and what you learned from it.   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bob Evans in June 2009.

Interview Details – It started from an email asking me to call them and request an interview. I did so. From that I met with a regional staffing manager. That manager was a nice person, and asked many questions pertaining to areas outside the restaurant industry. If that interview went well, one would interview with the area coach. I then met with the area coach and had another long interview. After that the candidate meets with a general manager and then with the area coach again. It is a longer process, the people seemed friendly and really enjoyed their jobs, it would have been good to work there.

Interview Question – What was one area you acted incorrectly in?   Answer Question

Service Attendant Interview

Service Attendant

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Bob Evans in August 2007.

Interview Details – it began with a walk in to the restaurant, at the time to receive an application you had to meet the general manager. once you meet the GM you get an application and upon completion the date of your first interview is assigned. he first interview takes place with an assistant manager, if you are accepted after the first interview you are given a second which is administered by the GM. if the interview goes well you are given the job and are assigned a date to report to work.

Interview Question – how would you feel about me being your manager?   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Waiter Interview

Yamombenga (Democratic Republic of Congo)

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Bob Evans in January 2010.

Interview Details – They wanted me and I got it!

Interview Question – Can you carry a hot plate?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Because I'm getting Moneyyyyyy

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative
Toronto, ON (Canada)

Interviewed at Bob Evans

Interview Details – They called me in but they forgot they scheduled an interview ...

Interview Question – What's your biggest weakness and why?   Answer Question

Interviewed at Bob Evans

Interview Details – filled out the application at the store, handed it to the manager, set up a time for an interview, spoke to the gm. answered alot of questions, got hired after 1st interview.

Interview Question – all question were common knowledge to me. I have been in hospitality industry for over a decade now.   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Server Interview

I applied in-person and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Bob Evans.

Interview Details – After filling out an application a manager will look it over and set up an interview. The interview is pretty laid back. The usual questions. Talking about previous work history. why you are leaving your present job, etc.

Interview Question – I was asked what my present employer would say about me. Also asked what my favorite job was.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – As a server there is none. Minimum plus tips.

Server

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Bob Evans.

Interview Details – What kind of schedule are you looking for and what is your availability? Working weekends is a usually a must especially a Sunday. But that is a good day. Usually u would meet with whatever manager that is at the store at the time and then you would come back to meet with the GM. Then if hired you train.

Interview Question – Why you would want to work for Bob Evans instead of another restaurant or why they should hire you? Or what makes you stand out from someone else?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Bob Evans