Bob Evans Server Interview Questions

Updated Jul 27, 2015

1.8

Server Interview

Interview

Very easy, was hired after 2 interviews. I had to submit an initial application and then I had two different interviews, with two different managers. I did not feel the interview process was difficult in the least

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Bob Evans

Server Interview

Interview

I applied in person and was interviewed a week later. The process was quite friendly, and I would recommend it to any other person seeking quick work. The people are friendly and who doesn't want to smell the bacon every morning

Interview Questions

• how to deal with a loud customer   1 Answer

Negotiation

work for tips

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bob Evans in December 2014.

Interview

I was set up for 2 different interviews, with the first interviewer getting general information (they weren't able to print my resume) and the second (I'm guessing) is to get more in-depth. I say that I'm guessing because the second manager never paid any attention to me, always looking around him at other co-workers and just asking me if I had any questions about a dozen times.

Interview Questions

• It's Bob Evans... There isn't really a difficult question. They did ask what I thought a server's job was, and then I was told that I was wrong for saying "Getting to customers as soon as possible, being courteous, be accurate with food, and being prompt with serving the said food." and was told that the correct answer is "salesman and pushing high-priced items".   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. I was told that I should come back for a second interview, then told that I will get a call the next day. The next day he called and told me to come in the following day for paperwork.

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Bob Evans in September 2014.

Interview

I had filled out an app online & almost 30 minutes later, I had gotten a call from the assistant manager asking for an interview 2 days later. The assistant manager was really nice, as were the employees, and the interview was easy, especially since I had been to that Bob Evans several times before. She liked me & hired me on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here, Tell me about your past work experience, etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Powell, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Bob Evans (Powell, OH) in May 2014.

Interview

There were two preliminary interviews before the "actual" interview just to see what exactly I was interesting in doing and when. In the real interview I was asked to sell my phone because the lady who interviewed me said serving was all about being able to sell things to customers (it's not for the most part). I am very knowledgable about my phone but for some reason I froze up and it didn't go great. She liked me overall but I basically failed the selling part but I still got an offer as an expo and eventually became a server so it wasn't a big deal.

Interview Questions

• Tell me why I should buy your phone?   1 Answer

Server Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bob Evans.

Interview

2 very quick interviews. The questions are very basic, if you carry yourself with a sense of professionalism you have a good chance at the position. I had no restaurant experience, but showed a willingness to learn.

Interview Questions

• Really nothing crazy. It was more of a conversation to understand your personality   Answer Question

Negotiation

Really was none. Minimum wage position.

Server Interview

Interview

They were very nice and helped me to realize that they would be a great company to work for.

Server Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Bob Evans.

Interview

Casual

Interview Questions

• Name a situation when you dealt with an irrate customer.   Answer Question

Server Interview

Interview

you will be told at the end of interview if you have the job

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elizabethtown, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bob Evans (Elizabethtown, KY) in August 2013.

Interview

I applied online for a server position. I got a call from the GM later on that same day asking when I can come in for an interview. We picked a date and time and went from there. The interview process was actually pretty easy; I went in for the first interview which was with the assistant manager. She asked me how old I was, if I was going to school, and what information I knew about the company. I admitted that I actually had no previous knowledge of the company, but she was ok with that and just simply explained the background information of Bob Evans. After the interview was over, she helped me pick a date and time for my second interview which was with the GM. When I went in for my second interview, I was very nervous because I had no idea what questions the GM was going to ask nor did I have any job experience as this was my first job. In the end, the interview went pretty well. He mostly asked questions that were about myself, like how long I planned on working there, if I have a way of transportation, my hobbies, and if I planned on going to college. After I that interview, I called a few days later to check on my application status. They told me I got the job and told me when my first day was.

Interview Questions

• Do you have a mode of transportation?   Answer Question
    • How long do you plan on staying with us? Is it seasonal, temporary, school year, etc....?   1 Answer