Bob Evans

Relevance Date Difficulty

Waitress Interview

Waitress
Peoria, IL

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Bob Evans in March 2012.

Interview Details – I had two interviews with Bob Evans. The first one was a lot more easier than the second one. I applied in person and gave my app to one of the managers. He started to go over it with me and asked me to come in for an interview on a friday. The manager that interviewed me exuded positive energy and was constantly smiling, making me feel more comfortable and relaxed. He asked basic questions (I believe only 3 questions were asked in total). He then told me to come in for another interview. I felt confident that I had gotten the job and the second interview would be twice as easy. Well I was wrong! I came unprepared and often tripped on my words. The man who interviewed me the second time was stiff and everything seemed scripted which made me a little uncomfortable. I guess he had gotten bored and talked to another manager that made her way over and started interviewing me. I finally noticed that it was open-house for more potential employees and decided to step up my game!

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for us, when there are so many other restaurants you could apply to?   View Answer
  • What does speed of service mean to you?   View Answer
  • Are you a team player?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I applied to be a host, but was given the option to be a waitress. I chose waitressing and was able to negotiate my hours because of school.

Waitress Interview

Waitress

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Bob Evans in September 2008.

Interview Details – I was called, had a 1:1 interview. I was mostly asked about my previous work experiences.

Interview Question – What were your work tasks for this previous employer?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Worked for Bob Evans? Contribute to the Community!