Bob's Discount Furniture Interview Questions & Reviews

10 interviews

2.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Wilmington, DE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

I interviewed online - interviewed at Bob's Discount Furniture in January 2014.

I was contacted within two weeks of submitting my resume and met with two of the store managers as well as the VP of Sales who was visiting the new store. They asked me to describe my retail experience, what I liked and disliked about my current job. I was asked how do I keep a positive attitude at work and how I deal with customer rejection. I was offered the job two days later.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked how I deal with the competitive aspect of a commissioned sales job.   View Answer
    There was a set hourly rate of $12 per hour with a 5% commission rate for sales after draw payback, so no compensation negotiation.

Anonymous Interview

Pretty awesome. Basically just your regular interview. Everyone wants to be a bobber, right? I figure it was just a matter of time before I realized my dream of being a bobber. This job pretty much sold itself. I mean, quality furniture at discount prices? Who could resist! So, that's pretty much it.

Tough as nails

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I interviewed online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Bob's Discount Furniture in December 2009.

The interview process is generally done by three managers and usually takes a couple interviews to get hired.

Interview Questions
    • How would you compete with twenty other associates on a Saturday during our busiest time frame?   View Answer
    There is no negotiation you get paid 5% on new goods 3% on Pit Goods and 20% on the protection plans. Job is straight commission with a weekly draw.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lowell, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lowell, MA

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Bob's Discount Furniture in August 2008.

Walk in ,interviewed with 2 individuals. Filled out application and was offered position.

commissioned position

Customer Care Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Taftville, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Taftville, CT

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Bob's Discount Furniture in August 2010.

I saw an ad in the paper. Went to the Distribution Center and filled out an application. I received a phone call from a supervisor at Bob's Training Center for the Call Center asking me if I was interested in an interview. They set up an interview the next day. I went in for the interview and I was given a typing test. After passing the typing test, I was asked if I wanted to listen in on a live call. I said yes. I sat with the Customer Care Representative for a couple of calls. I was then asked what I thought. I gave my feed back. I was then asked if I was still interested in the position. When I said yes, I was told that a background check would be ran on me. I should find out one way or the other about the background check within three days. Two days later I was asked to take their training class. I accepted their offer and have been there ever since. Although, it has only been six months; I am so glad that I am working there and I plan on being there forever. This is my new home.

Interview Questions
    • Why did I want to work there?   View Answer
    • Is this the first time that you have applied to Bob's?   View Answer
    They were more than fair with discussing the job and the compensation for working there. There was no need to negotiate anything.

Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Bob's Discount Furniture.

Pretty nice

Shipper Interview

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Bob's Discount Furniture in October 2011.

The company called me on time like they said they would and did a good job with the whole interview process. I was treated with respect and my Army experience really impressed the interviewer who was in the Army and came from an Army family

Management Interview

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Bob's Discount Furniture in September 2011.

I interviewed with the recruter and 2 managers. It took about two hours.

Interview Questions
    • What is a rule that a previous employer had that you didn't agree with?   Answer Question

Sales Consultant Interview

I interviewed through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at Bob's Discount Furniture in May 2010.

The hiring process was simple, straight forward and Bob like

commisioned....

Sales Interview

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Bob's Discount Furniture in March 2009.

The recruiter called me for an interview. i interviewed w her and she seemed to like me. Asked simple questions about my previous ecxperience and then had me speak w a store manager. They had both informed me that the average sales consultant at Bobs makes 55-60k. Thats a lie. I make 45k and I am in the top 10 out of 24 in my store.

Interview Questions
    You can't negotiate anything. You are given a $12 hr draw. You make 5% comission and 10-20% on the protection plans.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Bob's Discount Furniture

Worked for Bob's Discount Furniture? Contribute to the Community!