Bob's Discount Furniture Interview Questions

Updated Mar 21, 2015

2.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at Bob's Discount Furniture

Anonymous Employee in Freeport, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Bob's Discount Furniture (Freeport, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

Spoke to the store op mgr. The sales mgr was not available, supposed to to have a follow up with the sales mgr. The mgr I spoke to was very helpful, informed me about company protocols and policy's

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bob's Discount Furniture (Kansas City, MO) in February 2015.

Interview

The process was pretty easy, nothing to hard, the hiring manger say me down and talked about the job and asked what I knew about the job, after that she asked for my previous work history and she was very stern.

Retail Office Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Bob's Discount Furniture.

Interview

Called for an interviewed about 2 weeks after applying online. Interviewed with several people and every thing seemed great. Total time spent at first interview was an hour and 45 minutes. Met with two more people several days later. Formal offer was made a day later. Every person I met with had a great attitude and they were all very welcoming. The interview process was extensive but I enjoyed it.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

When asked for salary requirements give a range rather than an exact figure. I came in a little higher than I was willing to accept and they offered lower than I was willing to accept. I gave my final offer of what I really wanted to make and they agreed. Be vague early on and become clear with your requirement after your interviews when they have decided that you are the perfect person for the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Bob's Discount Furniture (Wilmington, DE) in January 2014.

Interview

I was contacted within two weeks of submitting my resume and met with two of the store managers as well as the VP of Sales who was visiting the new store. They asked me to describe my retail experience, what I liked and disliked about my current job. I was asked how do I keep a positive attitude at work and how I deal with customer rejection. I was offered the job two days later.

Interview Questions

• I was asked how I deal with the competitive aspect of a commissioned sales job.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was a set hourly rate of $12 per hour with a 5% commission rate for sales after draw payback, so no compensation negotiation.

Customer Care Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Taftville, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Bob's Discount Furniture (Taftville, CT) in August 2010.

Interview

I saw an ad in the paper. Went to the Distribution Center and filled out an application. I received a phone call from a supervisor at Bob's Training Center for the Call Center asking me if I was interested in an interview. They set up an interview the next day. I went in for the interview and I was given a typing test. After passing the typing test, I was asked if I wanted to listen in on a live call. I said yes. I sat with the Customer Care Representative for a couple of calls. I was then asked what I thought. I gave my feed back. I was then asked if I was still interested in the position. When I said yes, I was told that a background check would be ran on me. I should find out one way or the other about the background check within three days. Two days later I was asked to take their training class. I accepted their offer and have been there ever since. Although, it has only been six months; I am so glad that I am working there and I plan on being there forever. This is my new home.

Interview Questions

• Why did I want to work there?   1 Answer
    • Is this the first time that you have applied to Bob's?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They were more than fair with discussing the job and the compensation for working there. There was no need to negotiate anything.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Bob's Discount Furniture (Boston, MA) in December 2009.

Interview

The interview process is generally done by three managers and usually takes a couple interviews to get hired.

Interview Questions

• How would you compete with twenty other associates on a Saturday during our busiest time frame?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is no negotiation you get paid 5% on new goods 3% on Pit Goods and 20% on the protection plans. Job is straight commission with a weekly draw.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lowell, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Bob's Discount Furniture (Lowell, MA) in August 2008.

Interview

Walk in ,interviewed with 2 individuals. Filled out application and was offered position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

commissioned position

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Bob's Discount Furniture.

Interview

Pretty nice

Shipper Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Bob's Discount Furniture in October 2011.

Interview

The company called me on time like they said they would and did a good job with the whole interview process. I was treated with respect and my Army experience really impressed the interviewer who was in the Army and came from an Army family

Management Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Bob's Discount Furniture in September 2011.

Interview

I interviewed with the recruter and 2 managers. It took about two hours.

Interview Questions

• What is a rule that a previous employer had that you didn't agree with?   Answer Question