Bobbi Brown Cosmetics Interview Questions

2.7

Interviews for Top Jobs at Bobbi Brown Cosmetics

Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Bobbi Brown Cosmetics (New York, NY).

Interview

I was scouted by a recruiter a lot of employees at Bobbi are unless you know someone who works there. The recruiter set up the interview and I received a call a few hours later offering me the job. The office environment is super casual. Everyone there is really nice and Bobbi is great!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didn't get to negotiate my rate as I was hired through a recruiting company.. Which did not pay much.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bobbi Brown Cosmetics (Tulsa, OK) in June 2014.

Interview

I met with the Dillards cosmetic manager first, then was asked to do a makeup demonstration. I then interviewed with Bobbi Brown Representative: answering set of questions to see whether I was reliable, trustworthy, hard working etc...

Interview Questions

• what would i do if i caught a fellow employee stealing products?   1 Answer
    • How available I was to work any hours, weekends, and holidays?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bobbi Brown Cosmetics (Milwaukee, WI) in January 2012.

Interview

interview for position-basic questions asked

Negotiation

Negotiate salary, ask for what you are worth.

Freelance Makeup Artist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Bobbi Brown Cosmetics in August 2011.

Interview

It was a comfortable and relaxed interview that sought for experience and personality fit. They wanted to know if I was able to support brand objectives in sales and vision. They seem to be a company who cares about their people and had a desire to know me the individual.

Interview Questions

• Usually, I find recalling an experience where you went above and beyond to provide excellent customer service a difficult one to answer. Having that in your arsenal is important. I know I always provide excellent customer service, head to toe with all bases covered. I don't really retain these experiences in memory. Great customer service is providing your guest with an experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was a positive experience, and I walked away satisfied with the compensation offered.

Makeup Artist Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Bobbi Brown Cosmetics (London, England (UK)) in May 2014.

Interview

I applied for a role online. Within 3 days I got a call and had a 20 minute phone interview. I was then invited for a face-to-face interview. The store manager I met was very nice and easy to speak to. I was asked to do a test make-up session in a different store with another staff member at a different date. They changed the dates 3 times. On the test make-up I was expected to do a 30 minute day make-up as per the service they provide. I was given their make-up sheet and it was as if I was supposed to know what it all was. Not only that but I was expected to find products within the make-up station which obviously I was not familiar with. Some of the products were empty and even though I was told not to bring my own tools, brushes given to me were dirty! I had to be cleaning them as I went along and the manager interviewing me was pushing me for time even though the area and products were not suitable for a test make-up especially if I was suppose to do it in the same amount of time a current staff member does it. To add insult to injury, the person overlooking this test had extremely untidy make-up on to the point where one could see foundation finger marks alongside their jawline and neck. It then took about a month to hear back from them. I knew that the answer was negative as everything with the test make-up was off. The phone interview and face-to-face went great but I feel that the test make-up failed due to unreasonable expectations and extremely unprofessional approach.

Interview Questions

• During the phone interview, I was asked about the company's history.   Answer Question

Studio Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bobbi Brown Cosmetics in August 2012.

Interview

normal interview and make up trial. was really good as the Mangers were nice and made me comfortable.I prepared before my interview. looking at videos online and also reading at the company story.

Makeup Artist Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bobbi Brown Cosmetics (London, England (UK)) in July 2012.

Interview

Telephone interview was as expected, easy if you are prepeared. online application followed by telephone interview and then Two face to face interviews one with counter manager one with manager and then a skills assesment.

Interview Questions

• What do u know about bobbi brown? Name your fave product and how would you sell It?   Answer Question