Body Central

Relevance Date Difficulty

Buyer Interview

Buyer

Interviewed at Body Central

Interview Details – I was hired through a University Recruiter. I interviewed a few times. I interviewed with Upper Management. I was extended an offer and started working a few weeks later. I had to take a personality test and they ran a background check.

Interview Question – I don't remember   Answer Question

Senior Level Corporate Interview

Senior Level Corporate

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Body Central.

Interview Details – The employees I spoke with seemed to have very different ideas about who Body Central is and what the strategic direction was for the future. There was a very obvious lack of cohesion amongst the senior team and it was apparent they had no idea. No one seemed particularly excited about being there or what the future had in store. All the questions I asked were met with very vague, ambiguous responses. When I inquired about the recent quarterly earnings, most all responses were squarely placing the blame on their predecessors with absolutely no insight or future solution. Not at all what I would have expected.

Interview Question – nothing unexpected   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – poor long term outlook for the company

Very Easy Interview

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Savannah, GA

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Body Central in February 2014.

Interview Details – went to the mall with the intention of applying everywhere haha, but Body Central was one of the first store's I actually went to because I really love the clothes and atmosphere. I walked in, went to the register, and just asked if they had any job applications. Luckily, the person I asked was actually the store manager and she quickly got me one and told me that she was holding interviews later that day. She told me if I was able to stay around, I could get a job on the spot.

Interview Question – No difficult questions   Answer Question

Construction Manager Interview

Construction Manager
Jacksonville, FL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Body Central in October 2012.

Interview Details – I had a phone interview with several individuals and made progress through the procedure. Very high on the position, willing to relocate to Florida if the opportunity was offered. Had a trip down to their corportae headquarters and had multiple interveiws with several departement heads including the Presidenet and Senior Vp of Store Operations and VP of Construction and enjoyed the opportunity. However a local person was given the job.

Interview Question – I answered all the questions truthfully with enthusiasm and desire to provide detaisl of my job skills.   View Answer

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Body Central.

Interview Details – Longer interview, asked general questions, told me about the company, where it was going and what I expected from it. Had 5 interviews - 1 in person with a current store manager, 1 on the phone with the District Manager, 1 in person with the district manager and 2 regional

Interview Question – Can't remember   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Didn't negotiate :/

Greenville, NC

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Body Central in April 2011.

Interview Details – I had to interview with the District Manager. We scheduled a day and time that she would be in town to meet at the store. On the day of, she called me a few hours before our scheduled time and asked me to come in for the interview as soon as I could. When I got there, I handed her my resume, she awkwardly laughed and set it to the side without even reading it. She asked me some typical interview questions and answered her phone four times during the interview. It lasted for about 30 minutes before she offered me the job. I got the feeling that she has seen so many assistant managers come and go that she did not take the interview seriously.

Interview Question – "What immediate change would you be able to make to this store?"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was not able to negotiate. She told me I would start at $8.60/hr and that is what I started at and received for the next 3 years.

Valdosta, GA

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Body Central in March 2013.

Interview Details – I was promoted from within so it was a fairly easy process. My store manager knew I was interested so she set up a phone interview with the District Manager. The interview was pretty short and simple. I was promoted within a week and started in my new position.

Interview Question – Do you know what the store you are working in does in volume on a yearly basis?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No real negotiation. started me at the minimum for managers since I had no previous experience in a management role.

Very Easy Interview

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager

I applied through other source and interviewed at Body Central.

Interview Details – short not a lot of info about what the company was really about

Interview Question – none easy and short   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – talked to regional and said this is what I need

Co-Manager Interview

Co-Manager
Leesburg, FL

I applied in-person - interviewed at Body Central in October 2009.

Interview Details – Ask about your previous experience, what do you think your strengths and weaknesses are. How you handle certain situations

Interview Question – If you had certain situations, how would handle them, More of a role playing   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Make sure their is room for moving up in the company. Also the pay

Assistant Manager

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Body Central.

Interview Details – The manager will call you and set up an interview The is your dresses correctly she my hire you.

Interview Question – How do you handy customer with problems   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Body Central

Worked for Body Central? Contribute to the Community!