Body Central Interview Questions

Updated Aug 27, 2014
Updated Aug 27, 2014

2.0

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Body Central in May 2011.

Easy I was involved in a group interview knew I had the job all you have to is pass the assesment and you are in the door. Dress cute and have great positive attitude.

Go in asking for the pay that you want trust me they can afford it.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Body Central in July 2014.

i filled out a application in 3 days i got a call for a interview. The interview was a group interview and the manager just asked simple questions and alot of questions about fashion & trends.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Body Central in August 2014.

I was asked to do an online survey since it was a part of the interview process. I called the store manager back to make sure she knew I finished my results so that she could check over them. I get a call back the day of my interview and she tells me that I failed the online survey and because I didn't pass I wasn't able to follow through with the actual interview because it's a store/company policy.

Buyer Interview

I was hired through a University Recruiter. I interviewed a few times. I interviewed with Upper Management. I was extended an offer and started working a few weeks later. I had to take a personality test and they ran a background check.

Senior Level Corporate Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Body Central.

The employees I spoke with seemed to have very different ideas about who Body Central is and what the strategic direction was for the future. There was a very obvious lack of cohesion amongst the senior team and it was apparent they had no idea. No one seemed particularly excited about being there or what the future had in store. All the questions I asked were met with very vague, ambiguous responses. When I inquired about the recent quarterly earnings, most all responses were squarely placing the blame on their predecessors with absolutely no insight or future solution. Not at all what I would have expected.

Interview Questions

poor long term outlook for the company

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Savannah, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Savannah, GA

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Body Central in February 2014.

went to the mall with the intention of applying everywhere haha, but Body Central was one of the first store's I actually went to because I really love the clothes and atmosphere. I walked in, went to the register, and just asked if they had any job applications. Luckily, the person I asked was actually the store manager and she quickly got me one and told me that she was holding interviews later that day. She told me if I was able to stay around, I could get a job on the spot.

Construction Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Jacksonville, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Body Central in October 2012.

I had a phone interview with several individuals and made progress through the procedure. Very high on the position, willing to relocate to Florida if the opportunity was offered. Had a trip down to their corportae headquarters and had multiple interveiws with several departement heads including the Presidenet and Senior Vp of Store Operations and VP of Construction and enjoyed the opportunity. However a local person was given the job.

Interview Questions
    • I answered all the questions truthfully with enthusiasm and desire to provide detaisl of my job skills.   View Answer

Store Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Body Central.

Longer interview, asked general questions, told me about the company, where it was going and what I expected from it. Had 5 interviews - 1 in person with a current store manager, 1 on the phone with the District Manager, 1 in person with the district manager and 2 regional

Didn't negotiate :/

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Greenville, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, NC

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Body Central in April 2011.

I had to interview with the District Manager. We scheduled a day and time that she would be in town to meet at the store. On the day of, she called me a few hours before our scheduled time and asked me to come in for the interview as soon as I could. When I got there, I handed her my resume, she awkwardly laughed and set it to the side without even reading it. She asked me some typical interview questions and answered her phone four times during the interview. It lasted for about 30 minutes before she offered me the job. I got the feeling that she has seen so many assistant managers come and go that she did not take the interview seriously.

Interview Questions
    • "What immediate change would you be able to make to this store?"   View Answer
    I was not able to negotiate. She told me I would start at $8.60/hr and that is what I started at and received for the next 3 years.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Valdosta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Valdosta, GA

I applied through other source. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Body Central in March 2013.

I was promoted from within so it was a fairly easy process. My store manager knew I was interested so she set up a phone interview with the District Manager. The interview was pretty short and simple. I was promoted within a week and started in my new position.

Interview Questions
    • Do you know what the store you are working in does in volume on a yearly basis?   View Answer
    No real negotiation. started me at the minimum for managers since I had no previous experience in a management role.

Worked for Body Central? Contribute to the Community!