Body Central Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Aug 27, 2014

2.1

16 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Body Central in August 2014.

I was asked to do an online survey since it was a part of the interview process. I called the store manager back to make sure she knew I finished my results so that she could check over them. I get a call back the day of my interview and she tells me that I failed the online survey and because I didn't pass I wasn't able to follow through with the actual interview because it's a store/company policy.

Other Interview Reviews for Body Central

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Body Central in July 2014.

i filled out a application in 3 days i got a call for a interview. The interview was a group interview and the manager just asked simple questions and alot of questions about fashion & trends.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Savannah, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Savannah, GA

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Body Central in February 2014.

went to the mall with the intention of applying everywhere haha, but Body Central was one of the first store's I actually went to because I really love the clothes and atmosphere. I walked in, went to the register, and just asked if they had any job applications. Luckily, the person I asked was actually the store manager and she quickly got me one and told me that she was holding interviews later that day. She told me if I was able to stay around, I could get a job on the spot.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Body Central.

Before the Interview:
    I went to the mall with the intention of applying everywhere haha, but Body Central was one of the first store's I actually went to because I really love the clothes and atmosphere. I walked in, went to the register, and just asked if they had any job applications. Luckily, the person I asked was actually the store manager and she quickly got me one and told me that she was holding interviews later that day. She told me if I was able to stay around, I could join the group that was going to be interviewed after completing the application.

Group Interview:
    I arrived 10 minutes early to my interview and there were three other girls at the store front by the time I got there. At 3:00, the store manager called out our names and told us that we were going to go to the food court. She said that she personally liked group interviews better because it allows her to see how we are with people and she's able to see who stands out. So we got a table and she briefly introduced herself and allowed us to do the same. She then told us some of the qualities that she was looking for in an employee and then asked us some questions. I really enjoyed the interview because it felt like a conversation rather than a survey. Also afterwards, she asked us if we had any questions for her.

Interview Questions:
    What are your short and long term goals?
    What's one strength and one weakness?
    What can you bring to the team/Body Central?

After the Interview:
    After the interview we all went back to the store and the store manager each gave us slips of paper with a survey link to it. She told us to fill it out as soon as we could, so I completed right when I got home. It was an opinion survey that mostly dealt with customer service and job performance. I think it was also a way to gauge personality. It was about 50 questions and although I had to spend a little more time on a few, I wouldn't overthink the questions at all. Also, remember that it's an opinion survey - that's key. So don't just pick the answer that you think the employer will want to hear. Actually pick what you think.

Attire:
    I was dressed casual but cute, because I only expected to turn in an application. When I found out that an interview would be taking place a few hours later, I kind of worried because I knew that I wouldn't be able to change in time (I take the bus). However, it worked out because the store manager stressed in the interview that she's looking for someone who's really trendy. She said we have to look put together and in style if we work at Body Central. I also think my outfit worked out because the interview was very informal. It was in the food court, it was a group interview, and it was just very chill.

Other:
    This was my first job interview ever so I was a little nervous, but I think it went really well. The manager made us all feel super comfortable, and the interview itself was very chill and relaxed. It lasted about 30 minutes. The survey mentioned above took about 20-30 minutes. You are able to come back to the survey if you have to exit out (fyi). I was called back the day after my interview and was offered a position, so you should hear back pretty quickly! Just be yourself and dress the part.

Sales Associate Interview

Hiring was a 2 step process. Had an interview with DM then had to pass an online assessment.

Interview Questions
    Standard starting salary for everyone

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Overland Park, KS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Overland Park, KS

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Body Central.

Open interview, with Store manager and assistant store manager. Interview was pretty simple; questions on what brought you to apply at Body Central, What you bring to Body Central, What are your future plans in life?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Myrtle Beach, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Myrtle Beach, SC

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Body Central in May 2013.

Called Monday and asked if they were hiring. Came in Friday filled an application, returned it Sunday and asked to come for a interview on Monday. Pretty basic interview about customer service and my previous job. Was asked to do a test and call them when I completed it. Got the call two days later!

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. 7.25. Take it or leave it.

Sales Associate Interview

Regular one on one interview

Interview Questions
    • Pick 4 outfits for a customer using as many of the same items as possible   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Body Central in March 2013.

I walked in on a Wednesday and asked if they were hriring or excepting applications. A sales associate was there and basically cut me off in the middle of my question to say that they were not hiring, but only accepting applications. There was an assistant manager nearby and she told me to go online to print out an application and bring it back in with my resume attached. I initially attempted to leave a resume, but was told it would be better to attach it. The following week on Tuesday I took the application with my resume attached, and the store manager just happened to be on the sales floor....she gave my application a quick look and set me up for an interview right then for the following Monday.

Interview Questions
    • The interview, which took an hour long was given by an assistant manager. All questions were retail (security practices, stock, recovery, sales) and customer service related. She came up with a lot of the answers off the top of her head based on previous experiences she had dealt with in other sales associates.

After interview I was told that I would be receiving an email with a link to complete a personality test. I completed the test and received a call the next day saying that I had passed it, and I was hired. Two days later I went in to complete paperwork....then started working at the beginning of the next week.
        Answer Question
    None

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH

I applied in-person – interviewed at Body Central in September 2012.

I turned an in application in person and was called a few days later for an interview. I applied for a visual merchandising position, but they interviewed me for a sales associate position instead. They did not tell me this until I got to the interview, which I thought was kind of rude.

It was a 1:1 interview with one of the managers. I followed her to the stock room and we sat in two chairs across from each other.

They asked a lot of questions. Normal questions, like "Why Body Central?" Questions about my life, like "What do you do outside of work?" They also asked me to sell the outfit I was wearing.

The only thing they told me about the company was that each sales associate is responsible for their own sales goals.

The woman interviewing me told me she used to work for the company that I just left. She kept bashing them during the interview. I didn't know what to say because I know you're not supposed to say anything negative about a former employer.

After the interview, she gave me a piece of paper with the store information and a website to take a personality test. You have to call the store to let them know when you are done taking the test. There is no way to know if you passed it or not.

Overall, it was just a really awkward interview. It's only been a couple of days, so they might still offer me the job. If they do, I most likely won't take it though.