Body Shop

48 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Assistant Shop Manager Interview

Assistant Shop Manager

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Body Shop in February 2011.

Interview Details – It was a one on one interview and I had to demo how to give a hand massage with their product, and I also had to stand outside of the store and bring in some people to come inside and try on lotion.

Interview Question – Why didn't I want to become a manager at my current job at the time, which was fast food   View Answer

Everett, WA

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Body Shop in August 2013.

Interview Details – The interview was almost an hour long and all the questions were focused on general questions of what would you do? How did you handle it in your last job? Etc...

Interview Question – They were all rather basic for me   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager

I applied online and interviewed at Body Shop.

Interview Details – For the store manager position, the candidate must go through a number of interviews including 2-3 phone interviews and one face-to-face. Usually, these interviewees include two present store managers from other locations, the district manager and the regional manager. Questions are geared to identify your passions and whether or not they would be fit for the company. The online application 'test' reveals your strengths and weaknesses and the interviewee uses those to customize your interview. Pay close attention to the values that the company upholds such as community fair trade, against animal testing, promote self-esteem, naturally derived, and protect the planet - use these passions and elaborate/discuss how they apply to you in your life.

Interview Question – Tell me about a tough experience that you've had with an associate? What happened and what was the outcome? How did you prevent it from happening again?   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager
Philadelphia, PA

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Body Shop in June 2013.

Interview Details – As others said, the initial "interview" is done as a demonstration; A manager will guide you through an example of a customer product demonstration and expect you to follow her lead. You aren't expected to know the product very well although; it helps to have a favorite product in mind before going in. It also helps to have sale experience. The next part of the interview was the ordinary face to face in the food court, My hiring manager was under the weather however, it was still an extensive questioning. be prepared! Study the questions and the company!

Interview Question – There were about 17 questions; most quite ordinary, however some that stood out were…
What are some of your favorite products and why?
Why do you want to work for the body shop?
How would you coach an under preforming employee?
Who was your best manager and who was the worst?
How do you like to be managed? (no Idea how to answer this one)
 What does excellent customer service mean?
As a manager, how would you deal with a difficult customer who has become irate?
(least favorite question) As a manager, put these three things in order from most important to least, Customer service, Coaching, Operations.
(hint: Customer service is important… but how do you get good customer service from your employees?)
  Answer Question

Ridgeland, MS

I applied in-person - interviewed at Body Shop in October 2011.

Interview Details – I had two interviews and after my second interview I got the job. They told me that compensation was $7.50 a hour with no commission. After working for a while I realized that I was working more than others and at longer hours while other sales associates who made more than me were doing less work.

Interview Question – What is the compensation?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There wasn't any negotiating but please do because if you don't you are going to be working for free.

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and interviewed at Body Shop.

Interview Details – Went in and was told help was needed. Went back when DM was in for my interview. Asked typical retail questions in the back of the store, "what would you do if..." questions. Then went to the front of the store for a hands on demo interview. Also had to submit an application online even though I was told I would be hired.

Interview Question – Not a question, but for the interview I did not expect to have to demo the company's products on my interviewer. I was unfamiliar with them so it wasn't easy, but I got the job!   Answer Question

Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Body Shop in September 2010.

Interview Details – Submitted application online, got a phone call to interview at the store. Sat down in the food court of the mall and proceeded with interview. Manager was rather rude and snippy.

Interview Question – What would you say when a customer walks into the Body Shop?   View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Body Shop.

Interview Details – The interview process was quick and painless. The manager I worked under is no longer there, however. It was a standard interview. Assessed my skills and knowledge, and willingness to learn.

Interview Question – I always find that the most difficult questions are those standard, awful questions, like, "please describe a time when you had to.....". Stuff about honesty and difficulty.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Found a better job

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Body Shop in July 2009.

Interview Details – single face to face 3 follow up phone intervews

Interview Question – If awarded this position what will your first purchase be outside the company   View Answer

Negotiation Details – None

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Body Shop in March 2013.

Interview Details – The interview asked some behavioral based questions. Also inquired about previous work experience and skills and qualifications. The interview was pretty standard and basic and lasted about 30 to 40 minutes. Since I was out of town at the time, we did a phone interview instead of in person.

Interview Question – There were no surprising or very difficult questions, but here are some of the questions asked: "describe a time when you made mistakes on the job and how you fixed it" "How did you handle a difficult situation with a customer?" Also questions about previous work experience. I think it was helpful to be as specific as possible.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I was looking for full time work and interviewed at the Body Shop as a part time alternative. Luckily I found a full time job fairly soon after the Body Shop interview.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Body Shop

Worked for Body Shop? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Body Shop interview questions and advice. All 48 interview reviews posted anonymously by Body Shop employees and interview candidates.