Boehringer Ingelheim Chemicals

Interviews for Top Jobs at Boehringer Ingelheim Chemicals

Chemist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hopewell, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hopewell, VA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Boehringer Ingelheim Chemicals in May 2012.

After filling the online application, I was contacted by personnel Rep. He asked basic questions about past jobs and if I was willing to work rotating 12-hour shifts. After a day, he called back and set up another interview over the phone with department manager. Manager called at appointed time and I was told that another supervisor would be on the call as well.They never introduced themselves. They preceded to informed me of all the locations boehringer ingelheim has all over the world(like they were filling time), asked me if I had experience with Empower 3 (a software program for scientific instruments). They seemed distracted and not really listening to any of my answers - it seemed that once they heard my slight foreign accent " I became unfit for the job" maybe it was something else but there was a good old-boy-whites-only-thing going on. I never heard from them again.The whole second interview was very unprofessional.

Associate Chemist IPC Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Petersburg, VA

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Boehringer Ingelheim Chemicals in May 2012.

The entire process took 5-6 weeks. A phone screening, another phone interview with the hiring manager and face to face interviews with 4 individuals.

Interview Questions
    • They were all behavioral type questions. There were good 12-15 of them. Ex. tell me of a time when you had a conflict with someone at work or in school and how did you handle it? Are you proactive or reactive...give examples?   Answer Question

Quality Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Petersburg, VA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Boehringer Ingelheim Chemicals in January 2011.

Interview process was straightforward; mostly behavioral questions; have some knowledge of pharmaceutical guidelines

Interview Questions
    • question related to an specific pharmaceutical guidance document   Answer Question

Quality Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Boehringer Ingelheim Chemicals in March 2010.

The hiring and interview process was fair. It was very direct and straight to the point. The follow up and subsequent contact occurred as described during the process.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question was why are you leaving your current position?   Answer Question
    n/a