Boehringer Ingelheim Interview Questions

Updated Jun 29, 2015

3.1

Statistical Programmer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Boehringer Ingelheim in June 2015.

Interview

For a contract position. First need to finished about ten pre-interview screening questions which were all about SAS from base to advanced. Then gave a Skype interview opportunity. Interviewers are technically strong. Asked detail SAS questions.

Interview Questions

• What SAS syntax can be used to analyze categorical data ? what for survival data ?   Answer Question

Inventory Analyst Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Boehringer Ingelheim (Columbus, OH).

Interview

1st round with HR, then onsite

Statistical Programmer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Danbury, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Boehringer Ingelheim (Danbury, CT) in October 2013.

Interview

I applied for this position in the end of July. And I got an phone interview invitation in the middle of August. Through the phone interview, the clinical programing director asked me several general questions. And I was asked about my project experience. No technical questions at all. Two weeks after the phone interview, I was told to come to the company for an on-site interview. The on-site interview started at 9:00am and ended at 2:00pm. It took quite long and I had interview with 7 directors from three department. Statistical Programmer, Statistician and Data Management which are three groups. And I was asked about some technical questions were like whether familiar with general linear model. After the interview, I had a pretty good feedback from the directors. So I keep waiting for 2 weeks. No answer in the 2 weeks. I decided to call the HR and a nice lady told me that the interview went well but there was a more experienced guy with 7 years experience is a better fit. However, I can still apply for the associate statistical programmer. So I applied for the new position. And I keep waiting.

Interview Questions

• SAS procedures dealing with complex general linear models.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

phone interview

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Boehringer Ingelheim.

Interview

Initial phone screening with human resources adminitrator for 30min. Basic behavioral questions and asked about my research experience. Second phone interview with hiring manager. Very friendly. More like a conversation than an interview. Asked me about my previous research experience and if I had specific experience in cell culture, crystallization, automation, etc. Gave me great feedback on my previous research experience and told me specifically about the research they are working on in their group.

Interview Questions

• Nothing out of the ordinary. All very basic get to know you type questions.   Answer Question

Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Boehringer Ingelheim (Columbus, OH) in April 2013.

Interview

I had applied for the job on an online job board. A few months later I received a call for an interview. The process was rather quicker than I expected. I got a phone interview and then within a week or so got the job offered to me. There was no second or third interview.

Interview Questions

• All the questions I had were basic situational questions. It was my first internship so I did not have any real technical experience yet.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't have much to negotiate. I needed a first experience and that is what I got.

Contract Negotiator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ridgefield, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Boehringer Ingelheim (Ridgefield, CT) in March 2013.

Interview

This was an intensive interviewing process. I had a preliminary telephone interview with a recruiter, followed by a telephone interview with the hiring manager for the position, and an in-person interview where I met individually with six different people (would have been seven, but one was out sick) over the course of about 3 hours. I arrived at the scheduled time and was made to wait about 15 minutes in the lobby, apparently because there was a department meeting scheduled for the same time. Each interviewer had their own set of formulaic personality-type questions to ask in addition to skills based questions. Although the personality questions were different, there seemed to be a lot of overlap in what they were trying to get at, and it was frustrating to have to repeat the same answers for each interviewer. I probably would have preferred a panel interview where each interviewer could have heard my answers and asked follow-up questions. The interview ended with two of the interviewers taking me for coffee at the in-house cafe and speaking more casually about the work environment. I appreciated the honesty of these two ladies, because unlike earlier interviewers they didn't sugarcoat the job and were up front about the high-stress and long hours that would be involved. I was not told what the next steps would be or how long I should expect to wait for an offer. Three weeks later I received an email from the recruiter stating that my feedback from the interview was positive, but that they had gone with a candidate who had more direct experience.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you took a risk at work, the outcome and describe how you came to the decision.   Answer Question

Information Systems Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hilliard, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Boehringer Ingelheim (Hilliard, OH) in July 2012.

Interview

Hiring and interviewing went very well. I spoke with 3 people, one being the supervisor I would be working under, and the second was his supervisor. They seemed to really want me to benefit from the internship.

Interview Questions

• I cannot remember anything difficult or out of the ordinary for the position.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. It was an internship, and they offered me $15.00. I had assumed their was no pay when I applied. So I took the offer. I wanted the experience, and I'm glad I got it.

Manufacturing Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Boehringer Ingelheim (Cleveland, OH) in December 2011.

Interview

Email from Career Builder Recruiter indicating a position match and instructions on applying directly for the job through the corporate website. A few days later I received an email requesting a phone interview and directing me to a site online where I could select an available time slot for a phone interview that fit my schedule. I completed the phone interview the following day. It consisted of routine personal questions followed by a few questions regarding the importance of following orders or instructions exactly then questions on dealing with adversity and working in groups. I was then asked to schedule a time for a skills test on site and was told I would be contacted for another interview if my test scores were adequate. The skills test was taken on computers in a small room at the manufacturing facility. As I left the facility I was contacted for an inperson interview. The in-person interview was actually two successive interviews. Neither interview was from the department that I was to be hired into. Several of the questions were paraphrases of questions from the phone interview. There were also some basic chemistry questions. I then spoke of my company knowledge and asked them questions about the condition of the company. As I was leaving, I was advised that Human Resources would contact me when they had the results of my drug test, background check and fingerprint check.. After several weeks, I contacted the company and was told that they would be making an offer, but they were just waiting on the background check. After the holidays, I was notified that my fingerprints were un-readable. Three weeks after I resubmitted my fingerprints I received an offer of employment.

Interview Questions

• For me the hardest question was " why do you want to work in manufacturing?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

each department has different shift times and days. Mandatory overtime may be something you can negotiate around if you bring it up at the negotiation phase. There is a long lag time before you can transfer to another position, I would also recommend up front negotiating of shared work time in a field you are interested in moving to. This may make a future transfer more probable

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bogor, West Java (Indonesia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Boehringer Ingelheim (Bogor, West Java (Indonesia)) in June 2012.

Interview

I was placed in the Production department. The interview was quite simple. I was invited to the plant and then got interviewed. First, the interview with the HR manager and then with the User. Overall,it took around 2 -2.5 hours, including a short plant tour with the User.

Interview Questions

• FMCG industry have better manufacturing technologies than the pharma industry. What do you think?   Answer Question