Boehringer Ingelheim Interview Questions & Reviews

3.1

Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I interviewed online - interviewed at Boehringer Ingelheim in April 2013.

I had applied for the job on an online job board. A few months later I received a call for an interview. The process was rather quicker than I expected. I got a phone interview and then within a week or so got the job offered to me. There was no second or third interview.

Interview Questions
    • All the questions I had were basic situational questions. It was my first internship so I did not have any real technical experience yet.   Answer Question
    I didn't have much to negotiate. I needed a first experience and that is what I got.

Inventory Analyst Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Boehringer Ingelheim.

1st round with HR, then onsite

Information Systems Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hilliard, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hilliard, OH

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Boehringer Ingelheim in July 2012.

Hiring and interviewing went very well. I spoke with 3 people, one being the supervisor I would be working under, and the second was his supervisor. They seemed to really want me to benefit from the internship.

Interview Questions
    • I cannot remember anything difficult or out of the ordinary for the position.   View Answer
    No negotiation. It was an internship, and they offered me $15.00. I had assumed their was no pay when I applied. So I took the offer. I wanted the experience, and I'm glad I got it.

Statistical Programmer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Danbury, CT
    Anonymous Employee in Danbury, CT

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Boehringer Ingelheim in October 2013.

I applied for this position in the end of July. And I got an phone interview invitation in the middle of August. Through the phone interview, the clinical programing director asked me several general questions. And I was asked about my project experience. No technical questions at all.

Two weeks after the phone interview, I was told to come to the company for an on-site interview. The on-site interview started at 9:00am and ended at 2:00pm. It took quite long and I had interview with 7 directors from three department. Statistical Programmer, Statistician and Data Management which are three groups. And I was asked about some technical questions were like whether familiar with general linear model.

After the interview, I had a pretty good feedback from the directors. So I keep waiting for 2 weeks. No answer in the 2 weeks. I decided to call the HR and a nice lady told me that the interview went well but there was a more experienced guy with 7 years experience is a better fit. However, I can still apply for the associate statistical programmer. So I applied for the new position. And I keep waiting.

Interview Questions
    • SAS procedures dealing with complex general linear models.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

phone interview

Contract Negotiator Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Ridgefield, CT
    Anonymous Employee in Ridgefield, CT

I interviewed online. The process took 7 weeks - interviewed at Boehringer Ingelheim in March 2013.

This was an intensive interviewing process. I had a preliminary telephone interview with a recruiter, followed by a telephone interview with the hiring manager for the position, and an in-person interview where I met individually with six different people (would have been seven, but one was out sick) over the course of about 3 hours. I arrived at the scheduled time and was made to wait about 15 minutes in the lobby, apparently because there was a department meeting scheduled for the same time. Each interviewer had their own set of formulaic personality-type questions to ask in addition to skills based questions. Although the personality questions were different, there seemed to be a lot of overlap in what they were trying to get at, and it was frustrating to have to repeat the same answers for each interviewer. I probably would have preferred a panel interview where each interviewer could have heard my answers and asked follow-up questions. The interview ended with two of the interviewers taking me for coffee at the in-house cafe and speaking more casually about the work environment. I appreciated the honesty of these two ladies, because unlike earlier interviewers they didn't sugarcoat the job and were up front about the high-stress and long hours that would be involved. I was not told what the next steps would be or how long I should expect to wait for an offer. Three weeks later I received an email from the recruiter stating that my feedback from the interview was positive, but that they had gone with a candidate who had more direct experience.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you took a risk at work, the outcome and describe how you came to the decision.   Answer Question

Research Associate II Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Boehringer Ingelheim.

Initial phone screening with human resources adminitrator for 30min. Basic behavioral questions and asked about my research experience. Second phone interview with hiring manager. Very friendly. More like a conversation than an interview. Asked me about my previous research experience and if I had specific experience in cell culture, crystallization, automation, etc. Gave me great feedback on my previous research experience and told me specifically about the research they are working on in their group.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing out of the ordinary. All very basic get to know you type questions.   Answer Question

Manufacturing Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cleveland, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Boehringer Ingelheim in December 2011.

Email from Career Builder Recruiter indicating a position match and instructions on applying directly for the job through the corporate website. A few days later I received an email requesting a phone interview and directing me to a site online where I could select an available time slot for a phone interview that fit my schedule.
     I completed the phone interview the following day. It consisted of routine personal questions followed by a few questions regarding the importance of following orders or instructions exactly then questions on dealing with adversity and working in groups. I was then asked to schedule a time for a skills test on site and was told I would be contacted for another interview if my test scores were adequate.
    The skills test was taken on computers in a small room at the manufacturing facility.
    As I left the facility I was contacted for an inperson interview. The in-person interview was actually two successive interviews. Neither interview was from the department that I was to be hired into. Several of the questions were paraphrases of questions from the phone interview. There were also some basic chemistry questions. I then spoke of my company knowledge and asked them questions about the condition of the company.

As I was leaving, I was advised that Human Resources would contact me when they had the results of my drug test, background check and fingerprint check..

After several weeks, I contacted the company and was told that they would be making an offer, but they were just waiting on the background check. After the holidays, I was notified that my fingerprints were un-readable. Three weeks after I resubmitted my fingerprints I received an offer of employment.

Interview Questions
    • For me the hardest question was " why do you want to work in manufacturing?"   View Answer
    each department has different shift times and days. Mandatory overtime may be something you can negotiate around if you bring it up at the negotiation phase. There is a long lag time before you can transfer to another position, I would also recommend up front negotiating of shared work time in a field you are interested in moving to. This may make a future transfer more probable

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bogor, West Java (Indonesia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bogor, West Java (Indonesia)

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Boehringer Ingelheim in June 2012.

I was placed in the Production department. The interview was quite simple. I was invited to the plant and then got interviewed. First, the interview with the HR manager and then with the User. Overall,it took around 2 -2.5 hours, including a short plant tour with the User.

Interview Questions
    • FMCG industry have better manufacturing technologies than the pharma industry. What do you think?   Answer Question

MBA Summer Intern Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Boehringer Ingelheim in June 2012.

Was pretty straightforward - talk about your experiences and explain why you'd be a good fit. No in person interview, just phone.

Interview Questions
    They gave a hourly wage and I was ok with it.

Worked for Boehringer Ingelheim? Contribute to the Community!