Boehringer Ingelheim

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Manufacturing Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Boehringer Ingelheim in December 2011.

Email from Career Builder Recruiter indicating a position match and instructions on applying directly for the job through the corporate website. A few days later I received an email requesting a phone interview and directing me to a site online where I could select an available time slot for a phone interview that fit my schedule.
 I completed the phone interview the following day. It consisted of routine personal questions followed by a few questions regarding the importance of following orders or instructions exactly then questions on dealing with adversity and working in groups. I was then asked to schedule a time for a skills test on site and was told I would be contacted for another interview if my test scores were adequate.
The skills test was taken on computers in a small room at the manufacturing facility.
As I left the facility I was contacted for an inperson interview. The in-person interview was actually two successive interviews. Neither interview was from the department that I was to be hired into. Several of the questions were paraphrases of questions from the phone interview. There were also some basic chemistry questions. I then spoke of my company knowledge and asked them questions about the condition of the company.

As I was leaving, I was advised that Human Resources would contact me when they had the results of my drug test, background check and fingerprint check..

After several weeks, I contacted the company and was told that they would be making an offer, but they were just waiting on the background check. After the holidays, I was notified that my fingerprints were un-readable. Three weeks after I resubmitted my fingerprints I received an offer of employment.

Interview Questions
  • For me the hardest question was " why do you want to work in manufacturing?"   View Answer
each department has different shift times and days. Mandatory overtime may be something you can negotiate around if you bring it up at the negotiation phase. There is a long lag time before you can transfer to another position, I would also recommend up front negotiating of shared work time in a field you are interested in moving to. This may make a future transfer more probable