Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals

Updated Nov 4, 2014

Primary Care Sales Representative II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online – interviewed at Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals.

This was a ramp-up interview process for product launch and moved very quickly. There was an initial phone screen to verify years of experience in diabetes (at least 2 yrs in diabetes required). This was followed by a "cattle call" type interview in Atlanta, where all candidates for multiple positions were in one room and called individually for one-on-one interviews. The 3 candidates for my position were interviewed by the district manager who picked one of us (me) to send on to the regional manager in another room. If the regional approved, the offer was made, contingent on background check, etc. The interview was fairly painless, basic questions. Both managers were very friendly and put me at ease. There was an opportunity with both managers to review resume and brag book. BI has great people but beware of large administrative burden making work/life balance difficult.

Interview Questions
    No opportunity to negotiate.

Primary Care Sales Representative II Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals.

Like most pharmaceutical sales jobs, this was primarily a situational interview. The interviewer wanted to know about specific situations that I had been in, how I handled those challenges, and the result which came out of it. Learn the S/TAR format (Situation/Task, Action, Result) and you will be miles past your competition.

Interview Questions
    • How did I respond when a customer says no. Did I walk away, persist, or other.   Answer Question

Process Development Engineer Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals.

Group phone interview consisted of 15 min of questions about your resume then 15 minutes of technical questions. Second interview was with various 1:1 and 2:2 interviews with project leads and directors asking technical and behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • The entire process was full of technical questions. If you dont know the answer and guess, the interviewer will call you out.   Answer Question

Logistics Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals in August 2014.

Sent multiple e-mails from HR that were confusing and even had an HR representative say how mice it was to speak with me even though I never had?, finally had the interview process squared away. Finally set up and met with a 6 person panel over 3 hours. Met with the hiring manager who was very unprofessional, swearing and cussing allot during the interview, saying how he wants the perfect person for their department as well.. Met with another lead in the department and he was airing their dirty laundry to me in regards to the management. Then met with an engineer that was not in the department asking me a ton of engineering questions that have nothing to do with logistics. All in all I was very turned off by the process as a whole. after a month and half I never received a call, e-mail or letter in regards to to my interview or hiring?

Interview Questions
    • How would I handle set up of engineering validations?   View Answer

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

phone interview scheduled one week ahead, then face to face

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative II Interview

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals in February 2014.

Initial communication was via email to set up phone interview time. Phone interview was with company recruiter. Next step was to be contact by area director or other recruiter for another phone interview.

Senior Statistician Interview

You need to know your stuff, everything on your CV could be asked. Interviewers are technically strong. Communication is important. Interviewers are mixed with statisticians, physicians, data managers.

Marketing Associate Interview

1st, 2nd, 3rd interview with fiscal data test

Interview Questions
    • read a sales graph, calculate % of budget   View Answer

Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals.

Full day of interviews with upper management. Peers no longer involved in interview process

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where a project that you were managing went wrong and what you did about it to rectify the situation   Answer Question

Scientist I - Temp Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ridgefield, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ridgefield, CT

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals in October 2013.

One phone interview. ~30 mins