Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals

Relevance Date Difficulty

Scientist I - Temp Interview

Scientist I - Temp
Ridgefield, CT

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals in October 2013.

Interview Details – One phone interview. ~30 mins

Interview Question – They asked about experience with Spotfire.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No room for negotiation

Specialty Sales Representative Interview

Specialty Sales Representative
Cleveland, OH

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 8 months - interviewed at Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals in March 2012.

Interview Details – This process was frustrating. Months went by between my first and second interview with no communication.

Interview Question – The questions seemed to be off the top of the managers head.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I was not impressed with the company and lack of professionalism by management. The company does not care about people.

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative

Interviewed at Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals

Interview Details – phone interview scheduled one week ahead, then face to face

Interview Question – What sets you apart from the others   Answer Question

Senior Statistician Interview

Senior Statistician

Interviewed at Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals

Interview Details – You need to know your stuff, everything on your CV could be asked. Interviewers are technically strong. Communication is important. Interviewers are mixed with statisticians, physicians, data managers.

Interview Question – Any question could be asked.   Answer Question

Professional Sales Representative II Interview

Professional Sales Representative II

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals in August 2009.

Interview Details – It was a series of three interviews, two with the hiring District Manager and the last with the Regional Director. The first two were typical interviews, lots of background questions and situations I had to give examples of from my previous positions. The final interview was basically a signing off on me as a candidate and while there were questions about my employment history and schooling, it was apparent that unless I was crazy the RD wouldn't be doing anything other than approving the DM to make you an offer.

Interview Question – There wasn't anything difficult or out of the ordinary for a pharmaceutical interview. Lots of questions like "Give me an example of a time you were presented with an ethical situation. How did you handle it? What did you learn?"   Answer Question

Marketing Associate Interview

Marketing Associate

Interview Details – 1st, 2nd, 3rd interview with fiscal data test

Interview Question – read a sales graph, calculate % of budget   View Answer

Manager Interview

Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals.

Interview Details – Full day of interviews with upper management. Peers no longer involved in interview process

Interview Question – Describe a situation where a project that you were managing went wrong and what you did about it to rectify the situation   Answer Question

Territory Sales Representative Interview

Territory Sales Representative

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals in October 2012.

Interview Details – I had 4 total interviews. The first interview was an outsourced HR phone interview asking basic information and why I felt qualified for the position. The 2nd interview was a phone interview with a Regional Territory Manager. The interview took about 45 min. and was actually cut off half way through the interview. Then I had a third interview that was face to face with 2 Regional Managers. Basically the same questions about qualifications for the job and how I would handle rejection. Finally, I was asked to participate in a 4th interview that was located in another state and consisted of one interview with 2 managers where I presented a PowerPoint about my qualifications and a 2nd interview with 2 more managers that continued to ask about sales experience.

Interview Question – I was asked what I would do if a customer rejected my sales pitch more than once.   View Answer

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative II Interview

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative II
Bay City, MI

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals in July 2009.

Interview Details – Smooth, more like a cocktail party than an interview

Interview Question – Mechanism of action of pradaxa   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Be prepared

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals in April 2010.

Interview Details – Phone interview, Face to Face interview with Manager, Face to Face interview with Regional Manager

Interview Question – What is your business plan for the next 6 months?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Take it or leave it.

Worked for Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals? Contribute to the Community!