Boeing

Getting the Interview

6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Business & Planning Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Boeing.

Interview Details – I was hired from an intern pool based on individual interviews with team managers.

Negotiation Details – Salary was non-negotiable.

Business & Planning Analyst Interview

Seattle, WA

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Boeing in January 2011.

Interview Details – I applied for the position end of October, but didn't hear back until early January, due to hiring freezes close to the end of the holiday break. I was contacted by the hiring manager who sent me all the information via email, which included the STAR format interview questions. For anyone that is interviewing with Boeing, it is always very beneficial to study STAR related format questions and then go through the process of answering them yourself to be prepared.

Interview Question – Most questions are behavioral based; i.e., tell me about a time when you dealt with a difficult customer, what did you to resolve the issue, tell me the steps taken.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I countered but they didn't budge.

Business Planning Analyst Interview

I applied online and the process took 7 weeks - interviewed at Boeing.

Interview Details – Boeing typically will only do one interview (a panel of 3-4 people) for all positions - 6-8 questions - and then make their decision. Very odd. Hard to fully gauge a person in only 6-8 questions. Questions are behavioral ("tell me about a time you...").

Background check takes a while - not because it's overly thorough, but because they've outsourced the process and it can take a week before your check is started (this is AFTER they've made an offer). So be cautious about putting in notice as soon as you get your offer - wait until the background has been cleared (that should be the case no matter where you're applying).

Negotations are essentially non-existent. Boeing bases your offer on your years of experience and education/certifications and then bases how much they'll offer you based on how much they pay for that combination. As a result, I received an offer for a position I had applied to a couple of years go that was for less than I was making at that time (I turned that one down after hitting a brick wall in attempting to negotiate for a higher amount). So don't assume they'll offer you 10% above where you are now to entice you to join. If it would take more than they'd pay for your combination experience/skills, they'll just go to the next candidate.

Interview Question – No questions were out of the ordinary. Questions are based on the competencies listed in the job descriptions, where they are looking for you to be clear in your examples listing a Situation, Action you took, and the Result/Outcome.

Two quesitons that typically make it into every interview (based on others I had, as well as others I sat on since joining):
1) Tell us about your education and experience that prepared you for this position
2) Usually a diversity-related question (working on a diverse team, needed to gain consensus from a diverse team, etc)
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Boeing does little to no negotiating. If you do get slightly higher pay than they originally wanted to pay you, you'll get smaller raises over the coming years - as your pay is based on your compensation ratio for your level based on your years of experience (i.e. age). There isn't much differentiation between high performers and low performers.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Renton, WA

The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Boeing in August 2011.

Interview Details – I attended a career fair and there I met with a number of Boeing recruiters and hiring managers. They recommended me for a Panel Interview on the spot and it was scheduled the very next day. The interview was a panel setup of 4 and took it approximately an hour in time. The questions asked focused on your previous accomplishments and the steps taken to achieve them. They also asked behavioral questions as to how you would approach work related situacions that were specific to the position. They were all very welcoming and nice but it was fairly intimidating experience.

Interview Question – Asked questions on how you achieved work related successes.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate as they will be increasing my salary in 3 months time.

Long Beach, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at Boeing in May 2009.

Interview Details – structured.. Boeing uses a STAR system.. Situation/task: Action you took to solve the issue and Results of your actions. . Its a panel interview and at the end of the day, the hiring decision is based on points.

Interview Question – Situational questions. ex: Describe a time where you had to take the lead, etc   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – didn't negotiate.. Should have.

Everett, WA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Boeing in July 2010.

Interview Details – Structured interview.

Interview Question – Standard structured interview questions   View Answers (2)

Interviews for Top Jobs at Boeing

Worked for Boeing? Contribute to the Community!

Boeing Videos

Boeing – Why Work for Us?

Boeing is the world’s largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. Additionally, Boeing designs and manufactures rotorcraft, electronic and defense… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Boeing Business Planning Analyst interview questions and advice. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by Boeing employees and interview candidates.