Boeing

1 candidate interview Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Business Skills Rotational Program Interview

Seattle, WA

The process took 2 months - interviewed at Boeing in March 2012.

Interview Details – I am laying out the order of steps I went through in order to receive the position:
1. Applied on Boeing's website for this position in November
2. Email in January asking me to update my previous employment profile
3. Received an email in February informing me that they would like to do a phone interview. This consisted of 2 interviewers conducting a Structured Interview Process consisting of about 6 behavioral questions. Very straightforward and I recommend looking up "STAR approach" and using these behavioral techniques to ace it
3. Got a call in March informing me they would like to have me drive to their headquarters to learn more about the program (never was told if it was an interview or not, but treated it as if it was). The two directors asked me 2 questions: 1. Tell me a little bit about yourself? 2. Which dorm did I live in? (turned out one of the interviewer's sons lived in the same dorm as I did). The rest consisted of me asking them questions about the program and last an hour.
4. Received an email in April informing I had received the position under contingency that I passed a drug test and background check

Advise for those applying for a position with Boeing:
I applied for more than 15 positions with Boeing and only received this one which I am thrilled!! My advise is to know someone higher up that works in Boeing. They can help with the process which is what happened in my case. I was told that when you apply online, in this prescreening, only 0.5%-1% of the applications move on and usually this is a computerized prescreening. This being said, not only do you want to have a very poolished resume with key words that will have your resume jump out, but do have someone within to help you with this.

Interview Questions

• (Phone interview) Please describe a situation where you had to work with ambiguity?   View Answer
  • (Phone interview) Why do you want to work for Boeing?   View Answers (2)

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate salary as I have learned this is next to impossible but I did negotiate my starting date and relocation package.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Boeing

Worked for Boeing? Contribute to the Community!

Boeing Videos

Boeing – Why Work for Us?

Boeing is the world’s largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. Additionally, Boeing designs and manufactures rotorcraft, electronic and defense… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Boeing Business Skills Rotational Program interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Boeing employees and interview candidates.