Boeing Design Engineer Interview Questions

2.3

8 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Boeing in March 2013.

The interview process was slow. It took about 3 months from initial contact to get an onsite interview. I was called to do an onsite interview and spent the entire day onsite. There was one major interview that lasted about one hour, after which we had a facilities tour and grabbed lunch. Overall the interview experience was great.

Interview Questions
  • How much importance do you put into doing things the way they are described? i.e. in textbooks, directions, etc.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Boeing

Design Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Boeing in February 2013.

Very long process you have to ve patient with the whole process.

Interview Questions
    • Diversity questions seem to be the most important question right now.   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Design Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Boeing in July 2012.

I applied online for a position. I was called to set up an 1 hour phone interview. after a couple of weeks. There was 3 questions that they said they asked all applicants they were interviewing. They were very straightforward. I didn't hear back for almost two months, and then they came back with a job offer.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were very straight forward, typical behavioral type questions.. Give an example when you had to ...   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Everett, WA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Boeing in March 2012.

I applied for this position the first part of January via the online Resume Builder. A little after 2 months later, I received an email for a Group/Panel interview, along with a brief summary of the interview process (structural interview). About 3 days before the interview, I recieved another email to fill out an actual job application online, so keep that in mind while you are preparing for the actual interview. They want it completed before your interview (however I do not believe the interviewing panel ever saw it beforehand).

The interview consisted of 3 managers, which each asked 2 questions. Be prepared, as they will ask follow-up questions (essentially to better elaborate on your answers). The managers were really down to earth, and very easy to talk to. It really helped to ease the nerves I had walking into the meeting area. They will be writing down notes as you speak, so don't let that distract you. The entire process consisted of about 30 minutes total, and really wasn't that bad, so long as you go through many of the structural interview questions you can find posted both up here, or Googling "Sample STAR Questions". They will ask/inform you NOT to share the questions with others, as the standardized process uses the same questions for each candidate for that job posting.

I was contacted 8 days later with a contingent job offer. It is contingent on passing a successful drug test, background check, and a series of documents verifying you are eligible to work in the United States (this was a job for Everett, Washington). The longest part of the contingencies is the background check, as it can take 3 weeks or more to be completed. After all the contingency steps have been completed, you will be contacted by one of the Global Staffing managers to be given a start date.

My final thoughts are that it was odd just how much of this process was done online, and how little contact was actually made with individuals directly. My first real verbal communication took place at the interview, and with the exception of speaking with the medical professional, everything else was done online up until the start date was given. Please don't expect this to be a fast process. By the time I start working, it will have been over 5 months from when I applied, to my first day of orientation! From a few others I have spoke with who also got hired on, it was about the exact same time-frame as I went through.

Interview Questions
    • For starters, some of the questions already posted are the exact ones asked (I am trying to abide by their requests by not giving exactly the questions). Try to consider examples along the following key words, and you'll do great:

Diversity
      Work-related challenges
      Teamwork
      Adaptability
      Related technical experiences
      Making a difference

(Hint: on the job you have applied for, look at the competencies listed from the job description. EVERY question is related somehow to what is posted up there). As I mentioned above, Google "Sample STAR questions" just to get an idea of the "formatting" of the structured process.
        View Answer
    After considering it for about 5 days, I opted not to negotiate my wage. I had access to salary information from a friend that works for Boeing, and confirmed they gave me a great offer! If you know somebody working at Boeing, they too have access to the average salary charts, as Boeing posts them up on their intranet. It's definitely worth looking at even if it's just for a piece of mind that they are offering you a fair/good wage.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Everett, WA

I applied online – interviewed at Boeing in August 2011.

telephone interview with 4 to 5 people asking a series of question took about 30 minutes was given a offer 2 weeks later

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Everett, WA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Boeing in July 2011.

I got the position through a recommendation from another DE. No interview at all. Signed papers with my contract agency and that was it. I got the position through a recommendation from another DE. No interview at all. Signed papers with my contract agency and that was it.

No negotiation

easy and nice

Design Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Boeing in October 2011.

Interviews are concentrated on behavioral questions to determine if the person interviewed would be a good fit for the job. Interviewers were very professional and respectful.