Boeing Engineer Interview Questions & Reviews

30 interviews

2.8

30 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Engineering Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Boeing in September 2013.

I hired through the accelerated hiring program. I interviewed with three employees that had graduated from my college. They asked five standard behavioral interview questions. The first was why I believed I was qualified for the job. The next two were about how well I work with people from different backgrounds. And the last two were about how my previous work experience.
The interview was about an hour long. It was pretty involved. It definitely helped that I had met two out of three of my interviewers and had lengthy conversations with them before my interview (at a networking event and the career fair).

Interview Questions
  • The question regarding when I had worked with people of different backgrounds kind of threw me off because even though it's something I do everyday, it's not something I actively think about so I couldn't think of a specific scenario to tell them.   Answer Question
No opportunity to negotiation as an intern. Just an offer letter.

Other Interview Reviews for Boeing

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Boeing in February 2010.

2 interviews. Technical in nature

not pleasant

Engineer Interview

I had submitted resumes for multiple positions but heard nothing. Months later I received an email that there was a contractor position available. A telephone interview was set up

Interview Questions
    • Most questions were technical and relevant to the job I would be doing. No STAR type questions.   Answer Question
    Accepted the offer

Anonymous Employee  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

I interviewed online. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Boeing in March 2013.

Just some hints I wish I knew when I first started applying:

- Boeing does NOT have any way of getting around the online application process. You apply online. I have family and friends who work there. I met some of the management at a picnic. All said the same thing, there is no longer a "Good old boys" type networking. You have to apply for the jobs online.

- One caveat, if you go t a career fair at your university or one open to those in your community, you may be able to get a special requisition number for unadvertised jobs if you qualify. This is still all strictly by the books hiring and HR approved. You can't ask your friends for secret req's.

- Apply to as many jobs as you qualify for. Unlike some other companies that may consider you for relevant positions and unlike some other companies that will even disqualify you for applying too much, Boeing encourages applicants to apply to as many jobs as you qualify for. You are only considered for those you apply for. That said, it's a numbers game and some applications take many months to respond. Do not get discouraged. As long as you qualify for them, 50 applications is not unheard of before receiving a response.

- Be completely honest on your background check. They are sticklers for honesty. If anything does not match up--a firing, a missing job, missing education, some criminal record--even if you think it is long ago and forgotten, list it. Disclosure is encouraged, and if anything pops up that you left out, you may not be able to apply again for a set period of time in the years.

-The program you are interviewing for is the program you will be working on. If you are interviewing for the 777, study that program so you can ask some relevant questions. The people you are interviewing with will likely be from your potential team, so don't bother mentioning something about the 747 at a 777 interview. While it's "One Boeing" and you may jump around programs later in your career, you want to stay focused on why you are excited to work on that one program. Be psyched, there are some great programs out there!!

Interview Questions
    • S.T.A.R. style questions -- all easy, just try to think of a ton of relevant anecdotes you can pluck from during the interview. Show your nerdy, technical, interesting and best side with each story.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Got flown half way across the country to interview with two different groups. The hiring manager in the first group literally said "we don't know what to talk about" as we sat down in the conference room. Absolutely ridiculous interview! Waste of their money, and worse, my time!

Interview Questions
    • The second hiring manager spent all the 1 hour interview telling me about the position instead of gauging my technical ability in design or design software. No idea why they even had me flown out! Extremely unprofessional!   View Answer

Engineer Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Boeing in January 2013.

Initial meeting was at a career fair and a couple of weeks later I got a phone call to schedule a phone interview. I received a call a couple minutes later than the set up time, but everything went smoothly. It was more like having a conversation then going through an interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Charleston, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Boeing in March 2012.

Started with a phone interview and online personality check. Then proceeded to a face to face interview.

Anonymous Employee  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Boeing in January 2011.

It was stressful

Anonymous Employee  in  Everett, WA
    Anonymous Employee in Everett, WA

I interviewed through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at Boeing in March 2010.

The seemed to have a very formal and scripted interview process. It began with a disclaimer to answer every question by describing the circumstances that led to your answer, what you did to respond to those circumstances, and the outcome of your actions. The questions were fairly generic interview questions, i.e tell us about a time you assumed leadership responsibilities

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time you overcame a problem in your past work experience.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee  in  Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Boeing in July 2011.

Quick to setup phone interview. The interview went well and they asked basic questions about my experience and knowledge. It appeared to me that they had already made a decision before the interview even started, simply based upon my cv. They were professional and HR followed up one week later.

Interview Questions

Worked for Boeing? Contribute to the Community!